Did Griff get shamed into exile?

Talk about anything here.
ripper76
Accounts will be settled.

Re: Did Griff get shamed into exile?

Post by ripper76 »

lettherebehouse wrote:I'm too lazy to do it. But I just want to let 3peat, Ripper, and Riley know that I'm thanking their posts in my heart and mind.
I gotchu.
Lamelo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lamelo_Ball »

Repeat3peat wrote:What says a LOT about "times have changed" is something I tell my son ALL THE TIME...There ISN'T NEARLY enough shame left in the world. If MORE people were ashamed of their actions "when called for/or should be" the world would be a LOT better and safer place.

All these "cool people" that thinking being as obnoxious and as selfish as possible are either :

A-Born with a silver spoon in their mouths and have never had to actually earn ANYTHING of NEED.

B-Fell in a pile of shit and came out smelling like a rose and think that's the "Norm" or "skill based" when the exact opposite is true.

Either way, COMPLETELY out of touch with reality. Should give them all a nice HUGE island (or land mass), FULL of natural resources for their totally cool, entitled, shit don't stink selves to live together on, and see how that works out.

It would take less than a decade for them to create the first "7th world country"...and would be begging the rest of us for some empathy, compassion and HELP me thinks.

i don't know if this is a general observation, a shot at the character i created or both

in any case i think its important to give the people what they want

and by people i mostly mean myself.

since its only fun if people can laugh at themselves and not take things too seriously. the world was a much better place when people had a back bone or enough common sense to ignore anything they don't agree with

now people make it their mission to inflict their beliefs onto others.

for the longest time i thought america/canada were about freedom of expression. but we all know thats a lie. if anything offends someone its off limits in todays society. even if its a joke

i've accepted this reality and am no longer in the mood for fun. and i know others are still capable of having fun here. but you all have friendships with other posters. i don't

i'l try to contribute the best i can to help the board but i doubt it will be for very long
Last edited by Lamelo_Ball on Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greatest Individual Playoff Performance in NBA history - 22y.o = 29.4 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 6.1 apg, 15-1 Record, #1 in Win Shares
Lamelo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lamelo_Ball »

Max. wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:Griff is angry because we've grown up and he still wants to act like he's in his 20s.

That's his argument right now.
20's? There's a group of us in our 20's here that don't act like that. He acts likes a 14 yr old.

Note: I tried reading this thread, Griff. Sorry. It got too pathetic for me.

thats not very nice at all. how come you're allowed to be mean and i'm not
Greatest Individual Playoff Performance in NBA history - 22y.o = 29.4 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 6.1 apg, 15-1 Record, #1 in Win Shares
Lamelo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lamelo_Ball »

Max. wrote:
Lamelo_Ball wrote:viewtopic.php?f=7&t=88162
Lamelo_Ball wrote:
my last post on angergeneral. All riley has to do is take care of his wife to make it official

Be at her bedside and nurture her the way she did your incompetent ass over the past 25 years

One of us has to be the bigger man or she'l likely not make it through this rehabilitation

Seeing how easy it was to drive you back on here is worrying to say the least

So for her sake and everyone elses i make this one time offer

Log off now and never return

As will i

Will be back in a month to see if this works

-griff

trying to save rileys wife actually

the fact that i could rip him away from his dying wife so easly was kind of scary

but yes. i was also really let down by this place. i come here to escape the reality of every day life filled with judgemental serious people. you all lost alot of credibility with your scolding reactions. i felt like i told a dirty joke to my parents

this place has lost its flavor

i think bush is the only guy that wasn't completely offended... he takes breaks like me so he knows this is still just a forum full of trolls... yall need to get a grip on reality instead of using this place to replace that void in your life
I haven't read anything beyond this post(yet).

You're such a beta male. And I mean that literally.

jesus. why so hostile
Repeat3peat
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Repeat3peat »

Lamelo_Ball wrote:
Repeat3peat wrote:What says a LOT about "times have changed" is something I tell my son ALL THE TIME...There ISN'T NEARLY enough shame left in the world. If MORE people were ashamed of their actions "when called for/or should be" the world would be a LOT better and safer place.

All these "cool people" that thinking being as obnoxious and as selfish as possible are either :

A-Born with a silver spoon in their mouths and have never had to actually earn ANYTHING of NEED.

B-Fell in a pile of shit and came out smelling like a rose and think that's the "Norm" or "skill based" when the exact opposite is true.

Either way, COMPLETELY out of touch with reality. Should give them all a nice HUGE island (or land mass), FULL of natural resources for their totally cool, entitled, shit don't stink selves to live together on, and see how that works out.

It would take less than a decade for them to create the first "7th world country"...and would be begging the rest of us for some empathy, compassion and HELP me thinks.

i don't know if this is a general observation, a shot at the character i created or both

since its only fun if people can laugh at themselves and not take things too seriously. the world was a much better place when people had a back bone or enough common sense to ignore anything they don't agree with

for the longest time i thought america/canada were about freedom of expression. but we all know thats a lie. if anything offends someone its off limits in todays society. even if its a joke

i've accepted this reality and am no longer in the mood for fun. and i know others are still capable of having fun here. but you all have friendships with other posters. i don't

i'l try to contribute the best i can to help the board but i doubt it will be for very long
Total generalization...nothing more.

The world/views etc.. are not black and white in which you seem to want to paint them, I may be off here, and if so apologize...But we very much live in a "gray" world, everything ISN'T and doesn't ALWAYS have to be to the extreme....it's either THIS or THAT. Abstract thought....the ability to think logically, to reason and be empathetic when such situations arise/or circumstances dictate (and the ABILITY to recognize such) is what differentiates us from animals.

You are ABSOLUTELY entitled to free speech and expression in the USA/Canada and many other parts of the world. That doesn't absolve you from any backlash or repercussions from exercising said rights though. You can theoretically drive your car around the block with your feet too...that doesn't make it a good fuckin idea...or absolve you of any unintended consequences or harm you may cause others in the process.

And simply "ignoring" everything you don't agree with isn't always "common sense" or the right choice...nor does it show "backbone" or was the world a "better place" when that "ruled the day"...quite to the contrary many times...The fact is that the genesis of MANY of the worlds most horrible atrocities...Nazism (genocide), racism etc.. were rooted in, and allowed to fester by that kind of "rational"...and ahead of time, NO...I am in NO WAY trying to draw any parallels to those things and anything you have said. Just pointing out the EXTREME flaws in any line of thinking in which the bottom line is if "you personally" or the "majority" don't like or are unaffected by it...the best or "Alpha" course of action is to ignore it. Big difference between that, and "forcing" some petty or inconsequential beliefs onto others is all i'm saying.
Lamelo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lamelo_Ball »

Repeat3peat wrote:
Lamelo_Ball wrote:

The world/views etc.. are not black and white in which you seem to want to paint them, I may be off here, and if so apologize...But we very much live in a "gray" world, everything ISN'T and doesn't ALWAYS have to be to the extreme....it's either THIS or THAT. Abstract thought....the ability to think logically, to reason and be empathetic when such situations arise/or circumstances dictate (and the ABILITY to recognize such) is what differentiates us from animals.

You are ABSOLUTELY entitled to free speech and expression in the USA/Canada and many other parts of the world. That doesn't absolve you from any backlash or repercussions from exercising said rights though. You can theoretically drive your car around the block with your feet too...that doesn't make it a good fuckin idea...or absolve you of any unintended consequences or harm you may cause others in the process.

And simply "ignoring" everything you don't agree with isn't always "common sense" or the right choice...nor does it show "backbone" or was the world a "better place" when that "ruled the day"...quite to the contrary many times...The fact is that the genesis of MANY of the worlds most horrible atrocities...Nazism (genocide), racism etc.. were rooted in, and allowed to fester by that kind of "rational"...and ahead of time, NO...I am in NO WAY trying to draw any parallels to those things and anything you have said. Just pointing out the EXTREME flaws in any line of thinking in which the bottom line is if "you personally" or the "majority" don't like or are unaffected by it...the best or "Alpha" course of action is to ignore it. Big difference between that, and "forcing" some petty or inconsequential beliefs onto others is all i'm saying.

i disagree with the part where you explained that freedoms come with backlash. atleast in terms of the punishment accompanied by it

most would agree in "an eye for an eye" right?

if you say something mean then others can say mean things back. which i totally agree with

however in my case nobody came back at me. you all said "no. just no. you are not allowed to say this. this is off limits"

another poster said "nobodies asking you for a condolence. don't say anything. riley is off limits now"

i don't believe in that. its my right to be an asshole. if you wanna be an asshole back then fine. but don't tell me what i can and cannot say. this is why i lost faith in all of you

the great thing about my character is he can turn any situation into an agenda about himself or kobe... thats the schtick

i actually went back and looked over the post i made. it wasn't even that bad to be honest. it didn't even get ugly till the last line or 2 where i said riley took his frustrations out on his wife. lol

i actually think its a brutally ingenious take that was the highest form of trolling. and it worked. cause riley dropped his new found born again values and quickly reverted back to his old self in an instant
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

How many words has Griff typed ITT, overall?

For allegedly "not giving a fuck what anyone thinks", this is an admirable effort.

:clap:
Lamelo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lamelo_Ball »

lettherebehouse wrote:How many words has Griff typed ITT, overall?

For allegedly "not giving a fuck what anyone thinks", this is an admirable effort.

:clap:

griff doesn't care what people think

however when i read over what i've posted as myself i enjoy the reactions
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Post by Sudanese Sensation »

Griff, are you back for good ?
Repeat3peat

Post by Repeat3peat »

Lamelo_Ball wrote:
Repeat3peat wrote:
Lamelo_Ball wrote:

i disagree with the part where you explained that freedoms come with backlash. atleast in terms of the punishment accompanied by it

if you say something mean then others can say mean things back. which i totally agree with

however in my case nobody came back at me. you all said "no. just no. you are not allowed to say this. this is off limits"

another poster said "nobodies asking you for a condolence. don't say anything. riley is off limits now"

i don't believe in that. its my right to be an asshole. if you wanna be an asshole back then fine. but don't tell me what i can and cannot say. this is why i lost faith in all of you

the great thing about my character is he can turn any situation into an agenda about himself or kobe... thats the schtick

i actually went back and looked over the post i made. it wasn't even that bad to be honest. it didn't even get ugly till the last line or 2 where i said riley took his frustrations out on his wife. lol

i actually think its a brutally ingenious take that was the highest form of trolling. and it worked. cause riley dropped his new found born again values and quickly reverted back to his old self in an instant
First off, those "freedoms" came with a VERY heavy price in most cases to begin with...which is why they "shouldn't"...not "can't"....but shouldn't be abused or taken nearly as lightly or "for granted" as they have become, out of respect...that is just an OPINION. Never said differently.

Secondly, the "backlash" is usually in the exact manner/context in which you agreed...a "come back"..."eye for an eye" situation, or just flat out being scorned by ones peers....BUT, there are DEFINITELY times where what you say, like it or not, CAN absolutely end up in punishment...Making remarks to INCITE a riot, or saying certain things/comments/wishes in relation to a person holding a VERY HIGH position of executive/public office (you know what I mean)...etc. for starters.
Lamelo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lamelo_Ball »

Repeat3peat wrote:
Lamelo_Ball wrote:
Repeat3peat wrote:

First off, those "freedoms" came with a VERY heavy price in most cases to begin with...which is why they "shouldn't"...not "can't"....but shouldn't be abused or taken nearly as lightly or "for granted" as they have become, out of respect...that is just an OPINION. Never said differently.

Secondly, the "backlash" is usually in the exact manner/context in which you agreed...a "come back"..."eye for an eye" situation, or just flat out being scorned by ones peers....BUT, there are DEFINITELY times where what you say, like it or not, CAN absolutely end up in punishment...Making remarks to INCITE a riot, or saying certain things/comments/wishes in relation to a person holding a VERY HIGH position of executive/public office (you know what I mean)...etc. for starters.

I think people here hide behind morals when they wanna protect someone they're favorable of. but wouldn't do the same for me if I had a similar situation

for instance.. I've talked about an ex girlfriend becoming addicted to meth. people laughed

if Riley said he left his wife because she fell into drugs and wasn't the same person I'd assume people here would say "well you can't blame yourself. sorry to hear that"

Riley would accuse me of supplying her with the drugs to be honest

I know this isn't quite the same as brain bleeds but in a way it's nearly as bad for the person in question. she looks about 40 now with a sunkin in face and damaged teeth and she's only turning 24 this april

in fact during Rileys "comeback" reply to me this week he brought up that very story I told everyone and laughed yet again

so the concern for another person's health isn't of importance to anyone here. just to the ones whom you all care about
Repeat3peat

Post by Repeat3peat »

Lamelo_Ball wrote:
Repeat3peat wrote:
Lamelo_Ball wrote:

I think people here hide behind morals when they wanna protect someone they're favorable of. but wouldn't do the same for me if I had a similar situation

for instance.. I've talked about an ex girlfriend becoming addicted to meth. people laughed

if Riley said he left his wife because she fell into drugs and wasn't the same person I'd assume people here would say "well you can't blame yourself. sorry to hear that"

Riley would accuse me of supplying her with the drugs to be honest

I know this isn't quite the same as brain bleeds but in a way it's nearly as bad for the person in question. she looks about 40 now with a sunkin in face and damaged teeth and she's only turning 24 this april

in fact during Rileys "comeback" reply to me this week he brought up that very story I told everyone and laughed yet again

so the concern for another person's health isn't of importance to anyone here. just to the ones whom you all care about
Very few people here that I have butted heads with more often than riley...just sayin'.