anyone seen the new season of black mirror?

Talk about anything here.
Repeat3peat
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Re: anyone seen the new season of black mirror?

Post by Repeat3peat »

Max. wrote:I've been too busy to check it out.
Finna get to that tonight...lol

Some bizarre shit in that series...some things that seem like could actually be possible in time...kinda creepy.

What dafuq song is it that some character or another seems to sing (at least in part) in like at least half of each episode at some point or another..?
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

I finished the season and I actually think it was "not bad" overall, but the product is suffering because of the recycled concepts. I don't know if they have it in them to come up with much in terms of original ideas moving forward based on this season.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Worth watching. A hit here or there. Some meh episodes. Some misses... like with any anthology series.
Lamelo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lamelo_Ball »

only the first episode is worth watching
Greatest Individual Playoff Performance in NBA history - 22y.o = 29.4 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 6.1 apg, 15-1 Record, #1 in Win Shares
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

Just watched the Metalhead episode. What the hell was that?
Lamelo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lamelo_Ball »

Kingcarl24 wrote:Just watched the Metalhead episode. What the hell was that?

don't even think i gave that episode a real chance. will try rewatching it today
Greatest Individual Playoff Performance in NBA history - 22y.o = 29.4 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 6.1 apg, 15-1 Record, #1 in Win Shares
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

Lamelo_Ball wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:Just watched the Metalhead episode. What the hell was that?

don't even think i gave that episode a real chance. will try rewatching it today
It was kind of stupid. It's hard to feel tension in the movie/show if I don't really understand the reason behind the tension.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

After time to recollect, I thought the season was solid. Not great.

MetalHead is arguably the most polarizing episode, with good reason. I think that even without knowing what was going on... it was rather captivating. Those things are legit creepy little buggers.

I think it's good for anthology shows to try new things to change things up. (Dark Mirror's very short seasons isn't always the best for that though...)
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

I haven't seen the last episode yet but so far USS Callister and Hang the DJ have been the best episodes. Arkangel was easily the worst and Crocodile was alright. I do like the nod in Crocodile to Fifteen Million Merits in the first season. Metalhead was just blah. It's ok to be different but I wasn't feeling it or caring about what happened. I found myself not caring whether they were killed or not. I was kind of hoping we'd find out they were actually terrible people and we should have been cheering for the robot dogs. Now that would have been a cool twist.

EDIT: I guess that might have been too much like White Bear.
Lamelo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lamelo_Ball »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:After time to recollect, I thought the season was solid. Not great.

MetalHead is arguably the most polarizing episode, with good reason. I think that even without knowing what was going on... it was rather captivating. Those things are legit creepy little buggers.

I think it's good for anthology shows to try new things to change things up. (Dark Mirror's very short seasons isn't always the best for that though...)

more polarizing than episode 1?