Justice League wasn't bad

Talk about anything here.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Justice League wasn't bad

Post by kobeunderbite »

Played it a little too safe and cookie cutter for an audience that now expects more, but nothing about it was really 'bad' per se. It had some great moments but for the most part felt kind of basic.

From what I've read, it's Joss Whedon who actually is responsible for some of the lamer and more vanilla aspects of the film. I think he wanted to make this Avengers 2.0 when the genre has already evolved to the point where that won't work as well.

There was a also a really idiotic scene amidst a montage of unrest in the world in which two white men harassed a Muslim shop owner and her son. That didn't sit well with me.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Re: Justice League wasn't bad

Post by Da Stars. »

Is it worth my while to go see it?
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

Da Stars. wrote:Is it worth my while to go see it?
Why not?
AtiliusRegulus
Mount Rushmore

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

Were there any homosexuals in the movie
Check the method from Bedrock, 'cause I rock your head to bed
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Smh..
Lol at rushing to go see superhero movies and buying tickets weeks in advance even...and going by yourself in the middle of the day in the middle of the week

Pathatec man
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

3effs
Hall of Famer

Post by 3effs »

I think I'll like it. I just expect the same, formulaic plot that we get from DC movies (and some Marvel movies).
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

AtiliusRegulus wrote:Were there any homosexuals in the movie
Flash is definitely effeminate to the extent that I'd call his orientation into question. The actor playing him is gay.
Macrotus
Hall of Famer

Post by Macrotus »

The original cut was 2:45....WB insisted they cut it down to 2. So the film feels very choppy in some areas. Most reviews I seen on youtube are positive..., especially from the comic geeks. Tomatometer is at 38%...wtf...I just don't get it...it's like they watching two different movies.
3effs
Hall of Famer

Post by 3effs »

elartman1973 wrote:Smh..
Lol at rushing to go see superhero movies and buying tickets weeks in advance even...and going by yourself in the middle of the day in the middle of the week

Pathatec man

What's wrong with going to the movies by yourself?
3effs
Hall of Famer

Post by 3effs »

Macrotus wrote:The original cut was 2:45....WB insisted they cut it down to 2. So the film feels very choppy in some areas. Most reviews I seen on youtube are positive..., especially from the comic geeks. Tomatometer is at 38%...wtf...I just don't get it...it's like they watching two different movies.

Critics hate DC movies, unless they prop a woman up in the main role.

I'm sure Gal Gadot has gotten an inordinate amount of praise for her portrayal of Wonder Woman in Justice League.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

Pathatec man
Actually you are the one that is pathetic. Most of the posters on this board like movies like that and will see them. Just because you don't like them don't give the rest of us shit for it.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

I don't think it feels choppy, just unadventurous. No risks taken. Pretty straightforward in almost all respects.

38% is way off base
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

3effs wrote:
Macrotus wrote:The original cut was 2:45....WB insisted they cut it down to 2. So the film feels very choppy in some areas. Most reviews I seen on youtube are positive..., especially from the comic geeks. Tomatometer is at 38%...wtf...I just don't get it...it's like they watching two different movies.

I'm sure Gal Gadot has gotten an inordinate amount of praise for her portrayal of Wonder Woman in Justice League.
Part of what Ive read is that Whedon added a lot more of her in the re-shoots, not that her role felt excessive to me. He also butchered the ending in my opinion, if what I've read is accurate. He wanted to play things safe and fucked up.
3effs
Hall of Famer

Post by 3effs »

Kobeunderbite wrote:
3effs wrote:

Part of what Ive read is that Whedon added a lot more of her in the re-shoots, not that her role felt excessive to me. He also butchered the ending in my opinion, if what I've read is accurate. He wanted to play things safe and fucked up.

How were the heroes? Did the actors do them all justice, or were there some weak links? Did Ben Affleck portray Batman well? I thought he was one of the few bright spots in BvS.

I heard the villain was meh.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Da Stars. wrote:

Pathatec man
Actually you are the one that is pathetic. Most of the posters on this board like movies like that and will see them. Just because you don't like them don't give the rest of us shit for it.
Smh...seriously
I shouldn't associate with this low mentality group

vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

elartman1973 wrote:
Da Stars. wrote:

Pathatec man
Smh...seriously
You're the village idiot here Artie.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
elartman1973 wrote:
Da Stars. wrote:
Smh...seriously
You're the village idiot here Artie.
No...I'm the misunderstood by smaller minded people guy

kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

3effs wrote:
Kobeunderbite wrote:
3effs wrote:

How were the heroes? Did the actors do them all justice, or were there some weak links? Did Ben Affleck portray Batman well? I thought he was one of the few bright spots in BvS.

I think that Affleck/Batman took a step back (I also liked him in BvS). He cracked a couple of jokes during an action sequence which really turned me off. He's Batman, not there to quip. Overall not bad.

Wonder Woman was exactly the same as in Wonder Woman.

Flash and Aquaman were good. Definitely left me wanting to see more of them. Unique personalities, worked well in the group dynamic. Also got a nice taste of surrounding stories for both. Feels like good castings.

Cyborg was like the straight man that I would have expected Batman to be. Humorless, somber etc. Not a fan.

You know who's role was pretty satisfying overall.

The villain was very forgettable. Another thing that annoys me about Whedon's reported influence. I'd get into this but don't want to spoil anything.
3effs
Hall of Famer

Post by 3effs »

Kobeunderbite wrote:
3effs wrote:
Kobeunderbite wrote:

I think that Affleck/Batman took a step back (I also liked him in BvS). He cracked a couple of jokes during an action sequence which really turned me off. He's Batman, not there to quip. Overall not bad.

Flash and Aquaman were good. Definitely left me wanting to see more of them. Unique personalities, worked well in the group dynamic. Also got a nice taste of surrounding stories for both. Feels like good castings.

Cyborg was like the straight man that I would have expected Batman to be. Humorless, somber etc. Not a fan.

The villain was very forgettable. Another thing that annoys me about Whedon's reported influence. I'd get into this but don't want to spoil anything.

Spoiler tag this if you need to, but any sign of GL? Mention, appearance?
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

3effs wrote:
Kobeunderbite wrote:
3effs wrote:

Spoiler tag this if you need to, but any sign of GL? Mention, appearance?
Spoiler:
Yes, in a fun way. I'll describe how in the second spoiler tag so don't click it if you don't want specifics
Spoiler:
There's a green lantern or two fighting alongside others in a flashback sequence to a prior Steppenwolf fight thousands of years earlier.
The "no lanterns" line from the trailers isn't in the movie. A lot from the trailers actually seems to be missing.