Demographics of my school I just left and opinions of them.

Talk about anything here.
swampgator
All-Time Great

Demographics of my school I just left and opinions of them.

Post by swampgator »

For my grades (5/6) it was pretty evenly mixed between SE Asian (mostly refugees), Hispanic (mostly Mexican), and African American totaling 30 altogether. There were zero white kids.

The SE Asian kids were great. They were polite, followed rules, seemed to enjoy learning, and were never disrespectful to anyone (teachers or peers).

The Hispanic kids were a mixed bag. For the most part all were ok. Several were like mentioned about the SE Asian kids above, but several others were non-motivated, disrespectful to peers/teachers, and had issues with authority.

The AA students were by far the worst of the bunch. The majority were generally just problems in all respects on a daily basis.
CleveTown™
Three-Time Fantasy Champion King

Re: Demographics of my school I just left and opinions of them.

Post by CleveTown™ »

lol
October 16th, 2020. Thank you Pastor John (P)
January 7th. (D)
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Post by Sudanese Sensation »

swampgator wrote:For my grades (5/6) it was pretty evenly mixed between SE Asian (mostly refugees), Hispanic (mostly Mexican), and African American totaling 30 altogether. There were zero white kids.

The SE Asian kids were great. They were polite, followed rules, seemed to enjoy learning, and were never disrespectful to anyone (teachers or peers).

The Hispanic kids were a mixed bag. For the most part all were ok. Several were like mentioned about the SE Asian kids above, but several others were non-motivated, disrespectful to peers/teachers, and had issues with authority.

The AA students were by far the worst of the bunch. The majority were generally just problems in all respects on a daily basis.

I was an indifferent student and my teachers reached out to me and it made a difference.
thatoothpick45
All-Time Great

Post by thatoothpick45 »

Seems like some ghetto school you were teaching at.
swampgator
All-Time Great

Post by swampgator »

thatoothpick45 wrote:Seems like some ghetto school you were teaching at.
Come to find out it was the ghetto school of the Atlanta Catholic schools.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

swampgator wrote:

The fact that all the parents sent their children to private school suggests they are invested in their children's education.

Did you ever think about contacting the poor student's parents ?
swampgator
All-Time Great

Post by swampgator »

Sudanese Sensation wrote:
swampgator wrote:

The fact that all the parents sent their children to private school suggests they are invested in their children's education.

Give it a rest. Many of the students there were being financially supported by the Archdiocese to attend. Many others were not paying their tuition on time or if at all.
Last edited by swampgator on Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

swampgator wrote:
swampgator wrote:

Give it a rest. Most of the students there were being financially supported by the Archdiocese to attend.
The Archdiocese must have seen some promise in those students.
thatoothpick45
All-Time Great

Post by thatoothpick45 »

swampgator wrote:
swampgator wrote:

Give it a rest. Most of the students there were being financially supported by the Archdiocese to attend.
At these Catholic schools, are the nuns allowed to smack the students when they get out of line? That's how it was back in the day.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

thatoothpick45 wrote:
swampgator wrote:

At these Catholic schools, are the nuns allowed to smack the students when they get out of line? That's how it was back in the day.
Ask arty. He went to a Catholic high school.
thatoothpick45
All-Time Great

Post by thatoothpick45 »

thatoothpick45 wrote:
swampgator wrote:
Ask arty. He went to a Catholic high school.
I doubt they would've smacked around a 6'1 180-pound 14-year old that was on the wrestling team, which went to states.
swampgator
All-Time Great

Post by swampgator »

swampgator wrote:

Lol, no. More likely they just want to keep the place open as long as possible considering that Archdiocese schools are disappearing for the most part.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

swampgator wrote:
swampgator wrote:
Lol, no. More likely they just want to keep the place open as long as possible considering that Archdiocese schools are disappearing for the most part.

What's the difference between a Archdiocese school and a generic parochial school ? When I lived in Cen FL they had no problem filling the latter.
swampgator
All-Time Great

Post by swampgator »

swampgator wrote:

What's the difference between a Archdiocese school and a generic parochial school ? When I lived in Cen FL they had no problem filling the latter.
The parochial schools (like the Catholic school I teach at on Saturdays/in summer) aren't under Archdiocese Education control. They are free to do as they wish and run their school how they want to.
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

Sounds about right.

Were there any fights between blacks and Mexicans?
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

:jimmybuckets:
swampgator
All-Time Great

Post by swampgator »

I'll add that I taught a Technology course once a week to seventh and then eighth grade students (similar mix) and they were all fine.
BrotherCharles
Superstar

Post by BrotherCharles »

Madnessssss wrote:
swampgator wrote:For my grades (5/6) it was pretty evenly mixed between SE Asian (mostly refugees), Hispanic (mostly Mexican), and African American totaling 30 altogether. There were zero white kids.

black people arent gonna respect a guy like you
Nor they shouldn't.
Make AngerGeneral Great Again
CleveTown™
Three-Time Fantasy Champion King

Post by CleveTown™ »

Madnessssss wrote:

lol at you giving e-blow jobs to black people all day every day on here after Bro Charles threatened you. You are the new Reek fag boy!
October 16th, 2020. Thank you Pastor John (P)
January 7th. (D)
BrotherCharles
Superstar

Post by BrotherCharles »

Madnessssss wrote:

I find it very interesting and despicable that a deeply racist and sick individual like you should be responsible for the education of minority students. With all of the hatred that you have demonstrated here towards African-Americans and other minorities how can you in good conscience go to work every morning and demonstrate the care and compassion required to be an effective teacher?

With individuals like you that cause harm to children and are a great threat to their education and overall well-being, it is a great travesty any education system would employ a person like you that calls people niggers is responsible for the education of young black boys and girls.

If your employers only knew the real person and the hatred behind him.
Make AngerGeneral Great Again