Re: Bad Boy Pistons Versus Shaq-Kobe Lakers

Post by Y2K »

Bad Boys. They had more depth.

I'm a baaaddd motherfucker!!
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Post by Sudanese Sensation »

y2ktors wrote:Bad Boys. They had more depth.

Shaq played 45 mpg in the 00 Finals.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

Shaq & Kobe's Lakers in 5.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

zombiesonics wrote:Shaq & Kobe's Lakers in 5.
lol, nope. THey would be crying from the physical play and it would get in their heads.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Lakers in 7.
Y2K
One Mizzou. Then. Now. Always.

Post by Y2K »

WiseGuy wrote:

Man that's a lot of mins for him.

Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Honestly I feel like the 1989-1990 Pistons were the recipients of a transitional period in the NBA. Showtime dismantling, Bird's injuries, and MJ's Bulls being a key addition away yet allowed Detroit to push on through and peak at just the right time. I don't see the Pistons frontline containing Shaq well at all. In a best of 7, Lakers in 5, maybe 6 if the Pistons wings get hot for a bit.
town bidness
All-Star

Post by town bidness »

the lakers of course. kobe and a motivated shaq wouldnt go for that bad boy bullshit.
Y2K

Post by Y2K »

Havlicekstealsit wrote:Honestly I feel like the 1989-1990 Pistons were the recipients of a transitional period in the NBA. Showtime dismantling, Bird's injuries, and MJ's Bulls being a key addition away yet allowed Detroit to push on through and peak at just the right time. I don't see the Pistons frontline containing Shaq well at all. In a best of 7, Lakers in 5, maybe 6 if the Pistons wings get hot for a bit.
Shaq is gonna get his. Can the rest of those guys compete with Detroit is the question.

Also, Just look back at 2004. The Pistons had way Too much depth For the Lakers to overcome. The Bad Boys were very very deep. No way Detroit loses that series.

Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

Havlicekstealsit wrote:Honestly I feel like the 1989-1990 Pistons were the recipients of a transitional period in the NBA. Showtime dismantling, Bird's injuries, and MJ's Bulls being a key addition away yet allowed Detroit to push on through and peak at just the right time. I don't see the Pistons frontline containing Shaq well at all. In a best of 7, Lakers in 5, maybe 6 if the Pistons wings get hot for a bit.
And who was that key addition for the Bulls? <My answer, BJ Armstrong>
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

Shaq would foul out Detroit's entire frontline before halftime. This matchup would be a joke, Lakers in 5, easily.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

y2ktors wrote:
Shaq is gonna get his. Can the rest of those guys compete with Detroit is the question.

Also, Just look back at 2004. The Pistons had way Too much depth For the Lakers to overcome. The Bad Boys were very very deep. No way Detroit loses that series.

Shaq had already entered into the post prime phase of his career. Just look at his 03-04 and 99-00 numbers.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

y2ktors wrote:

Shaq had already entered into the post prime phase of his career. Just look at his 03-04 and 99-00 numbers.
Y2K

Post by Y2K »

WiseGuy wrote:
y2ktors wrote:

99-01 was their best shot at beating the Bad Boys. But I don't think that they would've beaten them.

LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

First off, Kobe looks absolutely adorable in the OP's pic. Second, Shaq would shake that frontcourt like a dog shaking off ticks. Finally, Lakers in 5.
Olaf wrote:I would fuck them up with an ice pick.

I could also fuck you up, if you want to be fucked up.

Bring your father, mother and kids, too.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

LakersNeedShaq wrote:First off, Kobe looks absolutely adorable in the OP's pic. Second, Shaq would shake that frontcourt like a dog shaking off ticks. Finally, Lakers in 5.

So he would struggle.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

If playing the 3 peat Lakers. The Lakers. 04 Lakers. Pistons. The guard play and bench would keep the games close for the Pistons. 6 games at least.
Carpediem77
Superstar

Post by Carpediem77 »

I think Laimbeer would get Shaq to engage in a fight...Shaq would get ejected in at least 1 gm for fighting...Kobe would be reduced to a strictly perimeter threat(which would still be a huge threat) because he would want no part of going into the painted area...Pistons bench would dominate during stretches of games....Pistons in 5-6
Last edited by Carpediem77 on Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.