Game of Thrones leaked episode discussion thread [heavy spoilers with tags]

Talk about anything here.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Re: Game of Thrones leaked episode discussion thread [heavy spoilers with tags]

Post by kobeunderbite »

TheSaboteur wrote:Hey kub,
Spoiler:
Don't you feel that Arya shouldn't be letting herself get BTFO by Littlefinger considering she spent years training as a Faceless Man?
Yeah it's silly.

Either a twist is coming or it's flat-out bad writing, of which there has been a lot this season. The entire "mission beyond the wall" was a real stroke of idiocy that D&D introduced because they knew they wanted the dragon twist to happen but didn't know how to do it neatly.

The entire Winterfell subplot hasn't made sense and they've written Arya terribly, but maybe they'll redeem it.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

CleveTown™ wrote:
Kobeunderbite wrote:Kid, countless people have worked this out (Charlie included) and know it was the writers taking leaps that they knew idiots like you wouldn't even detect. NO ONE actually believes the whole sequence could take a day or less - how weak and small is your little mind? Even the people DEFENDING it aren't stupid enough (or, as stupid as you are) to think it took a day lol. None of this has even accounted for the fact that it would require more time for the ice to freeze to a reasonable level of strength.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It seems to me that the just over 4 day travel time required for Dany to to receive the Raven and fly to Eastwatch, seems to line up accurately with the amount of time it would take ice to grow enough to support an army of undead to fight on top of it in those conditions.

tl;dr it took about 5 days for word to get to Dany and for her to get back to them. Which is about how long it would take for the ice to freeze enough to support the army of wights.

3 days
http://heavy.com/entertainment/2017/08/ ... ns-s07e06/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kid, you really are a mental midget. I'll let you out of this headlock when you stop struggling and crying and thrashing about, trying to reclaim a shred of your dignity :lol:
what aren't you understanding. I feel like Im arguing for one thing and you just can't comprehend and making up counter arguments for things I never implied.

who's to say the time in between Gandry sent the raven and the dragons appeared wasn't 3-4 days. They could have been on that island for a few days.

Idiot.
So first you're watching the sun in order to try to prove that it happened in a day, now my headlock has you in tears and you're conceding that it wasn't a day?

Thanks for playing, kid.
CleveTown™
Three-Time Fantasy Champion King

Post by CleveTown™ »

Kobeunderbite wrote:
CleveTown™ wrote:
Kobeunderbite wrote:Kid, countless people have worked this out (Charlie included) and know it was the writers taking leaps that they knew idiots like you wouldn't even detect. NO ONE actually believes the whole sequence could take a day or less - how weak and small is your little mind? Even the people DEFENDING it aren't stupid enough (or, as stupid as you are) to think it took a day lol. None of this has even accounted for the fact that it would require more time for the ice to freeze to a reasonable level of strength.

It seems to me that the just over 4 day travel time required for Dany to to receive the Raven and fly to Eastwatch, seems to line up accurately with the amount of time it would take ice to grow enough to support an army of undead to fight on top of it in those conditions.

tl;dr it took about 5 days for word to get to Dany and for her to get back to them. Which is about how long it would take for the ice to freeze enough to support the army of wights.

3 days
http://heavy.com/entertainment/2017/08/ ... ns-s07e06/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kid, you really are a mental midget. I'll let you out of this headlock when you stop struggling and crying and thrashing about, trying to reclaim a shred of your dignity :lol:
what aren't you understanding. I feel like Im arguing for one thing and you just can't comprehend and making up counter arguments for things I never implied.

who's to say the time in between Gandry sent the raven and the dragons appeared wasn't 3-4 days. They could have been on that island for a few days.

Idiot.
So first you're watching the sun in order to try to prove that it happened in a day, now my headlock has you in tears and you're conceding that it wasn't a day?

Thanks for playing, kid.
well you INSISTING that it was just a day is pretty stupid on your part. There's nothing that suggests it was one day. Who knows how many days elapsed in between scenes.
October 16th, 2020. Thank you Pastor John (P)
January 7th. (D)
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Clevey just stop. You haven't read the books, you fast scanned through the tv show, and now you're in here defending the shit show that has been this season. I've never been so bored with GoT as I am now, TBH. It has been cringe worthy so far, and if George Martin were dead his fat ass would be spinning around in his grave. In fact, how the fuck he has let the show get this far out of whack is beyond me. Maybe he's hoping if the tv show ends on such a shitty note then the expectations for the remaining books will be low enough for him to just mail it in.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

LakersNeedShaq wrote:Clevey just stop. You haven't read the books, you fast scanned through the tv show, and now you're in here defending the shit show that has been this season. I've never been so bored with GoT as I am now, TBH. It has been cringe worthy so far, and if George Martin were dead his fat ass would be spinning around in his grave. In fact, how the fuck he has let the show get this far out of whack is beyond me. Maybe he's hoping if the tv show ends on such a shitty note then the expectations for the remaining books will be low enough for him to just mail it in.
It's completely obvious that the showrunners miss his books which provided true guidance. To be fair, they didn't sign up for this and no one anticipated the show passing ASOIAF with two books to go. Still, they should be better than this.

Martin laid out major plot points for the showrunners (point A, B, C, D, etc.) and the show is freestyling on how to get from A to B to C, etc. That's what's happening. So
Spoiler:
when Martin told them "there is going to be an ice dragon that the Night King will ride, but I don't know exactly how I'm going to write that in yet," the writers were left to connect the dots and came up with the totally retarded capture a wight plot. A similar thing has happened with Dorne, which was initially supposed to be more important but again, Martin didn't have it figured out yet, so the show had to snuff out any Dornish elements because it was becoming a hindrance. The same thing has happened with the way the Ironborn story has been shittily condensed, because Martin obviously still had no plan for what to do with all of the Ironborn and Stannis having captured Theon and company. The idiotic Winterfell plot going on represents the most offensively bad writing yet.
It is a bit of a mess, but I've still been enjoying tbh
TheSaboteur
Hall of Famer

Post by TheSaboteur »

I'm definitely enjoying it as well. Then I can look forward to how the story was supposed to end if Big George ever finishes it.
Image Vaccines Image

Cannot redeclare utf8_encode
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

It's been a season of amazing MOMENTS....but shoddy storylines.

The meetup next episode should be fantastic banter. Fingers crossed that the writers don't fuck it up.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

We're here discussing GOT because we're invested in the show. And it's still a well-crafted show. Still highly entertaining.

But it's a bit odd watching it end with such a starkly different vibe than the first several seasons. It really is like an entirely different show in tone. The beauty of the show for many was how intricately woven the stories and characters were, so to treat them as characters in a higher brow Fast and Furious type of show at the end is a bit startling.
Last edited by AbeVigodaLive on Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

Creve is such a small minded individual.

Sad.
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
CleveTown™

Post by CleveTown™ »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:We're here discussing GOT because we're invested in the show. And it's still a well-crafted show. Still highly entertaining.

But it's a bit odd watching it end with such a starkly different vibe than the first several seasons. It really is like an entirely different show in tone. The beauty of the show for many in how intricately woven the stories and characters were, so to treat them as characters in a higher brow Fast and Furious type of show at the end is a bit startling.
the earlier seasons they were just pussy footing around. there needs to be a climax and we're getting there. Of course the tone will change. Moron.
January 7th. (D)
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

CleveTown™ wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:We're here discussing GOT because we're invested in the show. And it's still a well-crafted show. Still highly entertaining.

But it's a bit odd watching it end with such a starkly different vibe than the first several seasons. It really is like an entirely different show in tone. The beauty of the show for many in how intricately woven the stories and characters were, so to treat them as characters in a higher brow Fast and Furious type of show at the end is a bit startling.
the earlier seasons they were just pussy footing around. there needs to be a climax and we're getting there. Of course the tone will change. Moron.

You're trying to hard to pick fights with anybody who'll pay attention right now.

Meh.

Your try-hardness is one of your worst qualities when you don't control it.
CleveTown™

Post by CleveTown™ »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
CleveTown™ wrote:

You're trying to hard to pick fights with anybody who'll pay attention right now.

Meh.

Your try-hardness is one of your worst qualities when you don't control it.
I can get attention pretty much at whim. That's not the case here at all. Im trying to have a discussion, and what I said is true.
January 7th. (D)
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

It's been entertaining but a lot of it doesn't make much sense. You're telling me the King in the North is willing to die along with all of his top men to catch a White Walker and bring it to Cersei so she will MAYBE believe him and MAYBE not put his head on a spike on the spot? That's an attocious plan. It's as if he's never met the Lannisters before.

The battle beyond the wall was entertaining but the time issue and the whole reason they were there in the first place ruined it for me.
Buckets
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Buckets »

Why are people upset about a realistic amount of time to travel in a story which includes white walkers and dragons? Clearly this is a fantasy story so why do we try to hold it to "realistic" standards.
CleveTown™

Post by CleveTown™ »

Buckets wrote:Why are people upset about a realistic amount of time to travel in a story which includes white walkers and dragons? Clearly this is a fantasy story so why do we try to hold it to "realistic" standards.
lol exactly
January 7th. (D)
Johnnyblazzed
Hall of Famer

Post by Johnnyblazzed »

Buckets wrote:Why are people upset about a realistic amount of time to travel in a story which includes white walkers and dragons? Clearly this is a fantasy story so why do we try to hold it to "realistic" standards.
Because it doesn't match the pace of previous seasons. Read Abe's post above about the difference between this season and previous seasons. He's spot on.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Because it didn't work logically in any way. Even though it's fantasy, a portion of "fantastical believe-ability" is required.

It would be like Thor appearing and killing the Night King....and someone saying "what's the big deal, it's make-believe anyways!". It needs to make sense within the storyline....and that part didn't.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

"Consistency and established standards don't matter. As long as the show is set in a fantasy genre, literally anything goes at any time."

Some people, like Buckets, are really, really stupid.
CleveTown™

Post by CleveTown™ »

Kobeunderbite wrote:

"Consistency and established standards don't matter. As long as the show is set in a fantasy genre, literally anything goes at any time."

Some people, like Buckets, are really, really stupid.
quit sucking off airmen like we're all supposed to be proud of you. queer. get rid of that ridiculous sig now.
January 7th. (D)
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

I don't have sigs on and just changed mine for the first time in almost two years. You'll be looking at it for a long time.