kinda feel sorry for Isiah Thomas. he should be a top 10 player ever ahead of lebron

Talk about anything here.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Re: kinda feel sorry for Isiah Thomas. he should be a top 10 player ever ahead of lebron

Post by Robceltsfan »

Lonzo_Ball wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:
Lonzo_Ball wrote:

nash averaged 15ppg the year he won mvp with zero defensive skills

all because his team had the #1 seed

Nash's season in that era pisses all over Isiah's 88-89 campaign.

apparently only playing one side of the floor is all thats needed in some fans eyes

its one of the biggest flaws in mvp voting since the media took over

In 88-89 Thomas had an offensive rating of 104.....and a defensive rating of 104. He led the league in turnovers, shot 44% from the field...31% from 3, and had 2.4:1 assist:turnover ratio.

In Nash's 05-06 season, he had an offensive rating of 121 and a defensive rating of 109. He led the league in assists and FT% while also shooting 44% from 3. He had a 3:1 assist:turnover ratio.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
Lonzo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Re: kinda feel sorry for Isiah Thomas. he should be a top 10 player ever ahead of lebron

Post by Lonzo_Ball »

elmouse03 wrote:Isiah averaged less points, assists, and steals during the pistons run from 87-91 then he did from 82-86.

jordan sacrificed allot to win aswell

when was his prime though? in the 80s during the year he averaged 37ppg or 8apg.... or when he was averaging closer to 30ppg and 5apg winning titles?
Lonzo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lonzo_Ball »

Robceltsfan wrote:
Lonzo_Ball wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:

Nash's season in that era pisses all over Isiah's 88-89 campaign.

apparently only playing one side of the floor is all thats needed in some fans eyes

In 88-89 Thomas had an offensive rating of 104.....and a defensive rating of 104. He led the league in turnovers, shot 44% from the field...31% from 3, and had 2.4:1 assist:turnover ratio.

In Nash's 05-06 season, he had an offensive rating of 121 and a defensive rating of 109. He led the league in assists and FT% while also shooting 44% from 3. He had a 3:1 assist:turnover ratio.

analytics say chris paul is the 6th greatest player in nba history

and bill russell isn't top 100
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Lonzo_Ball wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:
Lonzo_Ball wrote:

Isiah was not a particular beast on the defensive end.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
Smelters
Hall of Famer

Post by Smelters »

Isiah Thomas is one of the best players of all time.

He won a title at Indiana U under Bobby Knight as a sophmore and then entered the NBA. This was rare as most players stayed more than 2 years especially "little men"

Isiah Thomas is better than Steve Nash.
Smelters
Hall of Famer

Post by Smelters »

Robceltsfan wrote:
Lonzo_Ball wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:

Isiah was not a particular beast on the defensive end.
He was way better than Nash on the defensive end. Nash is probably the worst defender that I have ever seen play NBA bball.
xer0
Superstar

Post by xer0 »

Smelters wrote:Isiah Thomas is one of the best players of all time.

He won a title at Indiana U under Bobby Knight as a sophmore and then entered the NBA. This was rare as most players stayed more than 2 years especially "little men"

I agree, people saying Isiah is overrated are morons.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

xer0 wrote:

It's the other way around. When people praise Thomas too much, it's a litmus test that proves they are basketball morons.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
xer0 wrote:

It's the other way around. When people praise Thomas too much, it's a litmus test that proves they are basketball morons.

Watch it.
Smelters
Hall of Famer

Post by Smelters »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
xer0 wrote:

I've never praised IT on here but he is one of the great players ever and would do well in any era.

He put up good numbers before Chuck Daly went to the Pistons and changed the culture.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

How big of a basketball boner does Abe have with this thread. He gets to talk about Nash and Thomas in the same posts.

I wonder who he would choose?
Y2K
One Mizzou. Then. Now. Always.

Post by Y2K »

Robceltsfan wrote:
Lonzo_Ball wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:When should he have won MVP?

by far the best record. gotta give it to the best player on the best team thats contending

only team over 60 wins

magic was better individually. but how many times have we seen the media go with other criteria

LOL....he finished tied for 17th in the vote that year.

OK, guy.
He couldn't even win Finals MVP. :L

I'm a baaaddd motherfucker!!
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

y2ktors wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:
Lonzo_Ball wrote:

by far the best record. gotta give it to the best player on the best team thats contending

only team over 60 wins

magic was better individually. but how many times have we seen the media go with other criteria

LOL....he finished tied for 17th in the vote that year.

OK, guy.
He couldn't even win Finals MVP. :L
He did the next year doe.
xer0
Superstar

Post by xer0 »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
xer0 wrote:

You are who I was talking about, and you are DEAD wrong about it. you think your opinion matters more than others but it doesn't, you're just a smug dickknob.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

xer0 wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
xer0 wrote:
You are who I was talking about, and you are DEAD wrong about it. you think your opinion matters more than others but it doesn't, you're just a smug dickknob.
I'm definitely smug. Guilty as charged. And you've got a shitty basketball IQ. Isiah gets more than his fair share of credit for the Pistons' success. They had a ridiculously deep frontcourt and a very UNDERRATED Joe Dumars.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Kingcarl24 wrote:How big of a basketball boner does Abe have with this thread. He gets to talk about Nash and Thomas in the same posts.

Notice how I stayed mostly away from this thread earlier?

I was at work. I have a standing desk...

[Note: It's Nash by the way. Now, John Stockton vs. Isiah Thomas? How much time do you have... that's a lengthy debate...]
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:How big of a basketball boner does Abe have with this thread. He gets to talk about Nash and Thomas in the same posts.

Notice how I stayed mostly away from this thread earlier?

I was at work. I have a standing desk...

[Note: It's Nash by the way. Now, John Stockton vs. Isiah Thomas? How much time do you have... that's a lengthy debate...]
Malone is going to elbow your arse and then probably rape you after.
Smelters
Hall of Famer

Post by Smelters »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
xer0 wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
I'm definitely smug. Guilty as charged. And you've got a shitty basketball IQ. Isiah gets more than his fair share of credit for the Pistons' success. They had a ridiculously deep frontcourt and a very UNDERRATED Joe Dumars.
I think that you are serious and you don't know what the bruck you are talking about and yet have the nerve to judge other posters.

What do you say about Bird, Magic, Russell, Bron, etc and their help?
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

Smelters wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
xer0 wrote:
I think that you are serious and you don't know what the bruck you are talking about and yet have the nerve to judge other posters.

Don't get grizz started on Bill Russell. That's his boy when it comes to knowing about him on this board.
Smelters
Hall of Famer

Post by Smelters »

elmouse03 wrote:
Smelters wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:

Don't get grizz started on Bill Russell. That's his boy when it comes to knowing about him on this board.
Oh yeah I know. He called out Isiah for his help. Let's see him contradict himself again.