kinda feel sorry for Isiah Thomas. he should be a top 10 player ever ahead of lebron

Talk about anything here.
Lonzo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Re: kinda feel sorry for Isiah Thomas. he should be a top 10 player ever ahead of lebron

Post by Lonzo_Ball »

elmouse03 wrote:Kareem might have been an all star in 89 but he averaged 10ppg and 4.5rpg. Laimbeer averaged 13.7 and 9.6 in 89. Laimbeer was one of the ironmen of the nba from his rookie season up until 93.

the one and only "maybe" on that list that might favor detroit

i'd still take a 40 year old cap TBH

his numbers didn't reflect his skills at all

phpBB [video]
Y2K
One Mizzou. Then. Now. Always.

Re: kinda feel sorry for Isiah Thomas. he should be a top 10 player ever ahead of lebron

Post by Y2K »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
elmouse03 wrote:Kareem might have been an all star in 89 but he averaged 10ppg and 4.5rpg. Laimbeer averaged 13.7 and 9.6 in 89. Laimbeer was one of the ironmen of the nba from his rookie season up until 93.
He was 41 years old and crawled up and down the court by then.

Dumars was the story of those finals. He was magnificent.
And he could have easily been named Finals MVP in 1990. The difference is that Thomas had an excellent game 5 and Dumars struggled from the field.

Dumars, Manu, and a few other role players on various championship teams continue to be underappreciated for the talents that they really were.

I'm a baaaddd motherfucker!!
Lonzo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lonzo_Ball »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:

playing better in one series doesn't make dumars better than worthy

was jason terry a better player than lebron in 2011?

and besides.. worthy averaged 26ppg/4rpg/4apg on 48% fg's and 67% threes in the 1989 finals. so the fmvp could have gone either way TBH
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

y2ktors wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:

And he could have easily been named Finals MVP in 1990. The difference is that Thomas had an excellent game 5 and Dumars struggled from the field.

Dumars, Manu, and a few other role players on various championship teams continue to be underappreciated for the talents that they really were.
Dumars was great in the 89 finals and hit that crazy shot in 90 during the game in which his father died before. Had to guard Magic, Jordan, and Drexler in their run during those years.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

Lonzo_Ball wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:

and besides.. worthy averaged 26ppg/4rpg/4apg on 48% fg's and 67% threes in the 1989 finals. so the fmvp could have gone either way TBH
Yeah lets give it to a guy who got swept.
Y2K

Post by Y2K »

elmerjfudd wrote:
Lonzo_Ball wrote:
y2ktors wrote: Thomas didn't beat shit. And those Detroit teams had more depth than any team in the league at that time.

Magic Johnson > Isiah Thomas
James worthy > Joe Dumars
Kareem Abdul Jabbar > Bill Laimbeer
Michael Cooper = Dennis Rodman defensively
Byron Scott > Mark Acquire
Orlando Woolridge = Vinnie Johnson
AC Green > Rick Mahorn
Michael Thompson > John Salley
:snoop:

Lonzo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lonzo_Ball »

y2ktors wrote:
elmerjfudd wrote:
Lonzo_Ball wrote:

AC Green > Rick Mahorn

phpBB [video]
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

y2ktors wrote:
elmerjfudd wrote:
Lonzo_Ball wrote:

AC Green > Rick Mahorn
Pistons 63-19>Lakers 57-25

Simple as the Pistons were just the better team at the time. Laimbeer gave you scoring and rebounding starting and Rodman gave you 9 and 9 off the bench. Rodman was efficient in those days.
Y2K

Post by Y2K »

elmouse03 wrote:
Lonzo_Ball wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:

I can't even applaud him for trying because it's pure stupidity that's coming from him.

Lonzo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lonzo_Ball »

elmouse03 wrote:
y2ktors wrote:
elmerjfudd wrote:
Pistons 63-19>Lakers 57-25

Simple as the Pistons were just the better team at the time. Laimbeer gave you scoring and rebounding starting and Rodman gave you 9 and 9 off the bench. Rodman was efficient in those days.

better team doesn't necessarily mean better individual players or more depth

the 2004 lakers had better individuals than detroit

the 2000 blazers had more depth than the 2000 lakers

i clearly proved that the lakers had the better team of talent. the pistons just worked better together and had a healthy leader ( as apposed to an injured one on LA with magic )
Lonzo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lonzo_Ball »

elmouse03 wrote:
Lonzo_Ball wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:

lebron won 1 game and the media/fans gave it up to him

shit he even gave it up to himself..."i averaged a triple double. don't look at me ( or my defense )"

elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

Lonzo_Ball wrote:
y2ktors wrote:
Lonzo_Ball wrote:

thomas beat teams with more depth and showed up big in the finals/won mvp atleast once

curry not so much
Thomas didn't beat shit. And those Detroit teams had more depth than any team in the league at that time.

AC Green > Rick Mahorn
You forgot about James Edwards.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

So Griff said Isiah should have won MVP in '89....but now he's touting Magic > Isiah in '89?

Pick one, bro. Can't have both.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
Lonzo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lonzo_Ball »

Robceltsfan wrote:So Griff said Isiah should have won MVP in '89....but now he's touting Magic > Isiah in '89?

Mvp and better player are 2 different things. Even when i said zeke should have won mvp i said magic was the better individual player and had better numbers
Y2K

Post by Y2K »

Robceltsfan wrote:So Griff said Isiah should have won MVP in '89....but now he's touting Magic > Isiah in '89?

He's trying to have it all and looking like a fool simultaneously.

Dude has the nerve to bring up Orlando Woolridge. :L

Lonzo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lonzo_Ball »

y2ktors wrote:

i'm not trying to have it all... i said isiah under the best player on best team criteria would be 1989 mvp

and in the same post i said magic was the better individual player with better stats

and i followed that post up by saying the best player and mvp are rarely the same guy

then i put magic over isiah in the comparison post and blind fools like you guys assumed i was flipflopping on my stance that isiah is the mvp by saying magic is the better individual player

not my fault you guys can't read properly

as for orlando woolridge. he sacrificed heavily on the lakers. averaging 10ppg/13ppg the 2 years he was there. then suddenly bumping up to 25ppg the very next season with denver

that combined with averaging 20ppg or higher 4 times before joining LA makes a great case for him being a significant player

all i did was compare him to vinnie johnsons impact

and that guy never once averaged over 15ppg

so get off my nuts. i was right in every instance and continue to obliterate the shit out of you people
Y2K

Post by Y2K »

Lonzo_Ball wrote:
y2ktors wrote:

i'm not trying to have it all... i said isiah under the best player on best team criteria would be 1989 mvp

and in the same post i said magic was the better individual player with better stats

and i followed that post up by saying the best player and mvp are rarely the same guy

then i put magic over isiah in the comparison post and blind fools like you guys assumed i was flipflopping on my stance that isiah is the mvp by saying magic is the better individual player

as for orlando woolridge. he sacrificed heavily on the lakers. averaging 10ppg/13ppg the 2 years he was there. then suddenly bumping up to 25ppg the very next season with denver

that combined with averaging 20ppg or higher 4 times before joining LA makes a great case for him being a significant player

so get off my nuts. i was right in every instance and continue to obliterate the shit out of you people
You say this bs about Orlando Woolridge and then criticize Nash for his "inflated" stats.

The 91 Nuggets, the team that Woolridge average 25 points with, played at a pace of 114. The next closest team played at a pace of 104. The League average was 98. So now what?

It's like I say, keep trying bro.

Lonzo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lonzo_Ball »

y2ktors wrote:
Lonzo_Ball wrote:
y2ktors wrote: He's trying to have it all and looking like a fool simultaneously.

You say this bs about Orlando Woolridge and then criticize Nash for his "inflated" stats.

The 91 Nuggets, the team that Woolridge average 25 points with, played at a pace of 114. The next closest team played at a pace of 104. The League average was 98. So now what?

Im not saying hes a superstar. Im saying hes on par with vinnie johnson.. possibly better

And i have many other years on my side that prove that theory
Y2K

Post by Y2K »

Lonzo_Ball wrote:
y2ktors wrote:
Lonzo_Ball wrote:

Im not saying hes a superstar. Im saying hes on par with vinnie johnson.. possibly better

Your comparisons don't even make sense. Why are u even comparing each player individually AND NOT even by their prospective position?? It's foolishness at best.

Lonzo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lonzo_Ball »

y2ktors wrote:
Lonzo_Ball wrote:
y2ktors wrote: You say this bs about Orlando Woolridge and then criticize Nash for his "inflated" stats.

Your comparisons don't even make sense. Why are u even comparing each player individually AND NOT even by their prospective position?? It's foolishness at best.

i compare them as

best vs best

2nd best vs 2nd best ..etc...

thats the correct way to compare since its a discussion on depth. not individual matchups

:stephena: