kinda feel sorry for Isiah Thomas. he should be a top 10 player ever ahead of lebron

Talk about anything here.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Re: kinda feel sorry for Isiah Thomas. he should be a top 10 player ever ahead of lebron

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Robceltsfan wrote:If we're being honest....hasn't Steph Curry's career already surpassed that of Zeke's? 2-Time MVP....2-Time champion....redefining what we consider "range" in the NBA. Best player on a 73-win team.
Without a doubt. Curry has done things on the court that were completely unthinkable in Thomas' day. Curry will end up underrated in my opinion as more of the credit will go to Durant than to him.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Re: kinda feel sorry for Isiah Thomas. he should be a top 10 player ever ahead of lebron

Post by rileymartin »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

Good point.

There's no way the Cavs win the 2016 NBA title without Anderson Varejo and Boobie.

:trumphuh:
I feel sorry for you...

Good comeback.

It's funny how SOME posters are incapable of simply writing "Sorry, I was wrong about that."

You're trying so desperately to do anything you can to run from a really stupid mistake... when all that's needed is a "my bad."
Not at all...It makes sense though, the reason you are so mediocre is because all of your hero's are mediocre...You win again!!!

Here, add this to your collection...
Y2K
One Mizzou. Then. Now. Always.

Post by Y2K »

Robceltsfan wrote:If we're being honest....hasn't Steph Curry's career already surpassed that of Zeke's? 2-Time MVP....2-Time champion....redefining what we consider "range" in the NBA. Best player on a 73-win team.
ABSOLUTELY.

I'm a baaaddd motherfucker!!
Y2K

Post by Y2K »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
Without a doubt. Curry has done things on the court that were completely unthinkable in Thomas' day. Curry will end up underrated in my opinion as more of the credit will go to Durant than to him.
Not in my book. Kevin Durant joined Steph Curry's championship team and I will never see it any other way.

Y2K

Post by Y2K »

rileymartin wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
Mahorn and Lambeer where the enforcers that did the dirty work...They were the heart and soul of those Piston defenses...

:L

Repeat...

The Pistons won one title with Mahorn as a 7/7 guy.
And another title with Mahorn playing in Philadelphia.

And Rick Mahorn actually saw his time/production fall in the playoffs... averaging fewer minutes and only 6/5.

Riley thinks the Pistons won a title because Mahorn was on the team... AND not on the team?
No, I think the Pistons won a title because the Pistons had guys like Lambeer, Mahorn and Rodman who gave no fucks on the basketball court.
As much as I hated the Bad Boys, they still don't get the recognition that they deserve for the talented group that they really were.

Laimbeer wasn't just a goon. He was a 4x all-star that averaged a double-double for seven straight seasons.

Rodman and Dumars are Hall of Famers.

Rick Mahorn didn't fill up the stat sheet but he provided a physical, rugged interior defensive presence.

Vinny Johnson provided instant offense from the bench.

John Salley was an athletic big that gave them good minutes off of the bench as well.

Point being, the role players for the Pistons factored heavily enter their Championship success. One could make a strong argument that they as a unit were equally as important as Isiah was.

LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

Criley, like TDK doubles down on the stupid when he's obviously wrong.

Sad.
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

y2ktors wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

:L

Repeat...

The Pistons won one title with Mahorn as a 7/7 guy.
And another title with Mahorn playing in Philadelphia.

And Rick Mahorn actually saw his time/production fall in the playoffs... averaging fewer minutes and only 6/5.

Riley thinks the Pistons won a title because Mahorn was on the team... AND not on the team?
No, I think the Pistons won a title because the Pistons had guys like Lambeer, Mahorn and Rodman who gave no fucks on the basketball court.
As much as I hated the Bad Boys, they still don't get the recognition that they deserve for the talented group that they really were.

Laimbeer wasn't just a goon. He was a 4x all-star that averaged a double-double for seven straight seasons.

Rick Mahorn didn't fill up the stat sheet but he provided a physical, rugged interior defensive presence.

John Salley was an athletic big that gave them good minutes off of the bench as well.

Point being, the role players for the Pistons factored heavily enter their Championship success. One could make a strong argument that they as a unit were equally as important as Isiah was.
Don't forget Mark Aguirre... a career 24-PPG Scorer prior to joining the Pistons for their Championship run (replacing another prolific Scorer / HOFER Adrian Dantley).

I, too, despised the Bad Boys, but they were loaded with talent.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:Criley, like TDK doubles down on the stupid when he's obviously wrong.

Sad.
TDK is rarely wrong, dork.

:asskicking:
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
elmerjfudd
The Lurker

Post by elmerjfudd »

thedangerouskitchen wrote:
LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:Criley, like TDK doubles down on the stupid when he's obviously wrong.

Sad.
TDK is rarely wrong, dork.

:asskicking:
:stephena:
Lonzo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lonzo_Ball »

Cant believe people compare post 2011 collude era accomplishments to 80s legends

Zeke is twice the all time player curry is
Y2K

Post by Y2K »

thedangerouskitchen wrote:
y2ktors wrote:
rileymartin wrote:

Don't forget Mark Aguirre... a career 24-PPG Scorer prior to joining the Pistons for their Championship run (replacing another prolific Scorer / HOFER Adrian Dantley).

I, too, despised the Bad Boys, but they were loaded with talent.
Indeed. And the great thing about Aguirre is that he voluntarily went to the bench in favor of Dennis Rodman. Once this happen, they took off and didn't look back.

Y2K

Post by Y2K »

Lonzo_Ball wrote:Cant believe people compare post 2011 collude era accomplishments to 80s legends

See now you're just being stupid.

Lonzo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lonzo_Ball »

y2ktors wrote:
Lonzo_Ball wrote:Cant believe people compare post 2011 collude era accomplishments to 80s legends

thomas beat teams with more depth and showed up big in the finals/won mvp atleast once

curry not so much
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

y2ktors wrote:

Now?
Y2K

Post by Y2K »

Lonzo_Ball wrote:
y2ktors wrote:

thomas beat teams with more depth and showed up big in the finals/won mvp atleast once

curry not so much
Thomas didn't beat shit. And those Detroit teams had more depth than any team in the league at that time.

Lonzo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lonzo_Ball »

y2ktors wrote:
Lonzo_Ball wrote:
y2ktors wrote: See now you're just being stupid.

curry not so much
Thomas didn't beat shit. And those Detroit teams had more depth than any team in the league at that time.

Magic Johnson > Isiah Thomas
James worthy > Joe Dumars
Kareem Abdul Jabbar > Bill Laimbeer
Michael Cooper = Dennis Rodman defensively
Byron Scott > Mark Acquire
Orlando Woolridge = Vinnie Johnson
AC Green > Rick Mahorn
Michael Thompson > John Salley
elmerjfudd
The Lurker

Post by elmerjfudd »

Lonzo_Ball wrote:
y2ktors wrote:
Lonzo_Ball wrote:

curry not so much

AC Green > Rick Mahorn
Lonzo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lonzo_Ball »

elmerjfudd wrote:
Lonzo_Ball wrote:
y2ktors wrote: Thomas didn't beat shit. And those Detroit teams had more depth than any team in the league at that time.

AC Green > Rick Mahorn

??????

magic = 1989 league mvp.... 23/13/8 > isiah individually

james worthy = just got done winning finals mvp. 20/6/4 average. 7 time allstar. absolute prime. definitely above joe D's 17/2/5 average, wasn't an allstar that year

kareem abdul jabbar = 1989 nba allstar, nba legend, hall of famer, arguable GOAT... above laimbeer ( not an allstar and never was again either and still isn't in the HOF )

michael cooper = 1987 DPOTY = dennis rodman 1990 dpoty ( after peak vs before peak... wash )

byron scott = 20/4/3 average >>>>> acguirres 15/4/2 average

orlando woolridge = a year removed from averaging 21ppg.. becomes the lakers 6th option ( averaging 17ppg/7rpg per 36m ) ,,, 8ppg in the playoffs for a stacked lakers squad and 13ppg the very next year .... definitely a better player than vinnie johnson at the time ... averaged over 25ppg in 1991... showing he still had it. skills vinnie never possessed

ac green = 13/9 average on 53% , 1989 all defense team/iron man, very next season = nba allstar >>> mahorns 7ppg/6rebounds,,, never made the allstar team. didn't make his only defensive 2nd team till a year later

michael thompson = 1989 - 10ppg/7reb average >>> 7ppg/5reb by long jon salley

:banderas:
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

Kareem might have been an all star in 89 but he averaged 10ppg and 4.5rpg. Laimbeer averaged 13.7 and 9.6 in 89. Laimbeer was one of the ironmen of the nba from his rookie season up until 93.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

elmouse03 wrote:Kareem might have been an all star in 89 but he averaged 10ppg and 4.5rpg. Laimbeer averaged 13.7 and 9.6 in 89. Laimbeer was one of the ironmen of the nba from his rookie season up until 93.
He was 41 years old and crawled up and down the court by then.

Dumars was the story of those finals. He was magnificent.