Sad news.

Talk about anything here.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Sad news.

Post by Da Stars. »

My Aunt at the age of 92 has passed away. Four children. Ten grandchildren and 7 great grandchildren. She has been a widow since 1976.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Re: Sad news.

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Bummer. Great life though, seeing your family grow like that in front of your eyes.

My condolences bud.
Da Stars.

Post by Da Stars. »

PhutureDynasty wrote:Bummer. Great life though, seeing your family grow like that in front of your eyes.

My condolences bud.
Thanks. I will have to send a card. She had a great life. A lady of little money and a great heart.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Sad to hear that, Stars. Hopefully she rests in peace.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
Da Stars.

Post by Da Stars. »

AlaskaHawks wrote:Sad to hear that, Stars. Hopefully she rests in peace.
She was the oldest of 4. A firm believer in the bible. She was a preachers Daughter. Ask me what the golf term FISO means. LOL.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

Lived a long life. I have a great uncle who was a POW in WW2 who is 94.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Sorry for your loss, sir. Sure she was a great lady.
Incognito
All-Time Great

Post by Incognito »

Sorry to hear that bro.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

Sorry man. No matter how old, losing someone is always hard.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Kingcarl24 wrote:Sorry man. No matter how old, losing someone is always hard.
As I've gotten older, I've gotten a little desensitized to death. I lost my dad at 20, my mom at 40 and one sister now.

My only real fear now with the grim reaper is burying one of my children. That might kill me.
Da Stars.

Post by Da Stars. »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
As I've gotten older, I've gotten a little desensitized to death. I lost my dad at 20, my mom at 40 and one sister now.

My only real fear now with the grim reaper is burying one of my children. That might kill me.
Sorry for you losses my friend. I still think of my father daily. What is sad, my mother might outlive my youngest niece.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Da Stars. wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:

Sorry for you losses my friend. I still think of my father daily. What is sad, my mother might outlive my youngest niece.
I think of my dad more often as I get older and he died almost 37 years ago. At the time, you just deal with it because you have to.

I appreciate him more all the time as I get older. He never had a day without pain that I can remember because of a very bad back and two seriously arthritic hips. But I was the center of his universe.

I wish there was a God and a heaven so I could tell him how much I miss him, love him and appreciate him when I die.
Da Stars.

Post by Da Stars. »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
Da Stars. wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:

I think of my dad more often as I get older and he died almost 37 years ago. At the time, you just deal with it because you have to.

I appreciate him more all the time as I get older. He never had a day without pain that I can remember because of a very bad back and two seriously arthritic hips. But I was the center of his universe.

I wish there was a God and a heaven so I could tell him how much I miss him, love him and appreciate him when I die.
Back and hip fit me to a T. My insurance wont cover hip surgery, they said it was pre existing.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Da Stars. wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
Da Stars. wrote:

Back and hip fit me to a T. My insurance wont cover hip surgery, they said it was pre existing.
Don't know us health care but maybe fight that? They want to fight a lawsuit on that? Assuming it wasn't pre existing.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

Sorry for your loss broham. I'm just hoping I make it to half that age, for now.
Repeat3peat
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Repeat3peat »

Da Stars. wrote:My Aunt at the age of 92 has passed away. Four children. Ten grandchildren and 7 great grandchildren. She has been a widow since 1976.

Sorry to hear that, condolences to you and yours bud.
AtiliusRegulus
Mount Rushmore

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

Condolences
Check the method from Bedrock, 'cause I rock your head to bed
americaninfidel
All-Time Great

Post by americaninfidel »

Sorry to hear it Stars.

92 is a good long run, and she left a great family legacy.

Lord bless you.
Fear is the mind killer. We are not afraid.