how do you feel about Trump's presidency so far?

Talk about anything here.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Re: how do you feel about Trump's presidency so far?

Post by elartman1973 »

Madnessssss wrote:life has been a living hell for arty in 2017
How so?
Who is president has never made a difference in my life at all, ever
Go back to catering to black thugs needs....its all you know how to do
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

americaninfidel
All-Time Great

Post by americaninfidel »

Meh.

He hasn't done a whole heck of a lot. He's not the devil incarnate as the left would have it (if they believed in the devil) but neither is he the rogue outsider who's going to blow things up, as his supporters would claim.

He's a sort of bumbling figure, though brash, who really isn't going to leave much of a mark.
Fear is the mind killer. We are not afraid.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

americaninfidel wrote:Meh.

He hasn't done a whole heck of a lot. He's not the devil incarnate as the left would have it (if they believed in the devil) but neither is he the rogue outsider who's going to blow things up, as his supporters would claim.

He's a sort of bumbling figure, though brash, who really isn't going to leave much of a mark.

:sherman:
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

He's more presidential than everybody except for Lincoln and more accomplished than everybody except for FDR. :pimp:
americaninfidel
All-Time Great

Post by americaninfidel »

elmouse03 wrote:

He's more presidential than everybody except for Lincoln and more accomplished than everybody except for FDR. :pimp:
Well Lincoln was a tyrant, and FDR was a Statist, so it's not exactly rarified company.
Fear is the mind killer. We are not afraid.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

The media has it in for him. And so do most of the Republicans and all the Democrats. For his haters he could cure cancer and get no credit. For his lovers he could shoot an innocent person and he would still be flawless.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

This is how I feel. He hasn't entirely screwed things up yet so there's not much to go by. I can't think of one thing he's done other than unite a bunch of people against him.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Kingcarl24 wrote:

This is how I feel. He hasn't entirely screwed things up yet so there's not much to go by. I can't think of one thing he's done other than unite a bunch of people against him.

I think he will leave an indelible mark. But I don't think it'll necessarily be with policies or by getting things done.

The Trump Brand and presidency will definitely be remembered... in infamy for some. After all, even with presidents who made sweeping policy changes (see Reagan), do we remember them for those specifically? Or are they all sort of grouped together as we recall their mannerisms, biggest moves, idiosyncracies and random moments?

Trump is definitely unlike any other president in modern times. And it has set a precedent moving forward... for better or worse, which is highly subjective.

The voters wanted something different... maybe even some who didn't vote for Trump. Well, here it is. Does that lead someplace new and exciting and productive? Or, is it only an entertaining passage in history books?
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:

I think he will leave an indelible mark. But I don't think it'll necessarily be with policies or by getting things done.

The Trump Brand and presidency will definitely be remembered... in infamy for some. After all, even with presidents who made sweeping policy changes (see Reagan), do we remember them for those specifically? Or are they all sort of grouped together as we recall their mannerisms, biggest moves, idiosyncracies and random moments?

Trump is definitely unlike any other president in modern times. And it has set a precedent moving forward... for better or worse, which is highly subjective.

The voters wanted something different... maybe even some who didn't vote for Trump. Well, here it is. Does that lead someplace new and exciting and productive? Or, is it only an entertaining passage in history books?
I'm kind of curious to see where exactly we go from here. Seriously, who follows Trump in the White House. I still stand by my opinion that if the left can find a candidate that is younger, somewhat attractive and charming (like Trudeau in Canada), they'll win in a landslide.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:

I'm kind of curious to see where exactly we go from here. Seriously, who follows Trump in the White House. I still stand by my opinion that if the left can find a candidate that is younger, somewhat attractive and charming (like Trudeau in Canada), they'll win in a landslide.

You mean candidates in their late 60s/early 70s aren't your bag?

Just think how thrilling a race between 70-something Sanders, Biden and Trump would be? Debates could be at 4:00 to beat the dinner rush.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

You mean candidates in their late 60s/early 70s aren't your bag?

Just think how thrilling a race between 70-something Sanders, Biden and Trump would be? Debates could be at 4:00 to beat the dinner rush.
Charity dinners are held at the Golden Corral. Stars would be like, finally, a candidate that gets me.