Mount Rushmore

Kyrie... closer to Kobe or Marbury?

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

What say you?
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Re: Kyrie... closer to Kobe or Marbury?

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

I can't imagine Marbury stepping up his game as a sidekick to win a title. So in that way... Bryant.

But I don't think he's at Kobe's level either...
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

I mean..... better than Marbury but not close to Kobe.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

He's better than Marbury but the pressure's gonna be on him to lead like Kobe if he's series about splitting from LeBron.
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

That's quite the gap between the two. Better than Marbury but not even close to Kobe.
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

LakersNeedShaq wrote:I mean..... better than Marbury but not close to Kobe.
Oops. Wish I woulda saw this post before posting mine.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Just read a piece that said that when LeBron wasn't on the floor with Kyrie, he took 26 FGAs per 36 minutes, something apparently only Wilt has ever done. Man likes to chuck.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:Just read a piece that said that when LeBron wasn't on the floor with Kyrie, he took 26 FGAs per 36 minutes, something apparently only Wilt has ever done. Man likes to chuck.

Maybe.

I also saw a stat that showed his efficiency didn't take a big hit. "Since 2014–15 in the regular season and playoffs, according to data derived from NBA Wowy, Irving scores 30.5 points per 36 minutes with a 51.7 effective field goal percentage with LeBron off the floor, compared to 23.8 points per 36 minutes with a 52.9 effective field goal percentage when LeBron is on the floor."

http://nbawowy.com/fbm3csn7yu#/fbm3csn7yu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:Just read a piece that said that when LeBron wasn't on the floor with Kyrie, he took 26 FGAs per 36 minutes, something apparently only Wilt has ever done. Man likes to chuck.

Maybe.

I also saw a stat that showed his efficiency didn't take a big hit. "Since 2014–15 in the regular season and playoffs, according to data derived from NBA Wowy, Irving scores 30.5 points per 36 minutes with a 51.7 effective field goal percentage with LeBron off the floor, compared to 23.8 points per 36 minutes with a 52.9 effective field goal percentage when LeBron is on the floor."

http://nbawowy.com/fbm3csn7yu#/fbm3csn7yu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm not sure what that has to do with what I said.

By the way, his assists barely tick up and his +/- is atrocious.

He's a head scratcher that's hard to peg. I think halfway between Kobe and Marbury is probably not too far off. Maybe closer to Marbury when you factor in his sieve defense.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

Maybe.

I'm not sure what that has to do with what I said.

By the way, his assists barely tick up and his +/- is atrocious.

He's a head scratcher that's hard to peg. I think halfway between Kobe and Marbury is probably not too far off. Maybe closer to Marbury when you factor in his sieve defense.

You said he was a chucker. I was just pointing out that he might just have the chops to pull it off.

I think it speaks well for the guy that he's curbed his shooting and usage with James for the betterment of the team... and it shows with 3 trips to the Finals and one upset victory led by James (1a) and Irving (1b or 2). That's something that Marbury never came remotely close to achieving. Or even trying to achieve.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Better than Kobe but not even close to Marbury.
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

Madnessssss wrote:If kobe is a 10 and Marbury is a 1, Kyrie is a 7
Kobe's a 6 though.
Odogg
Hall of Famer

Post by Odogg »

Too soon to tell, but since he closed the deal in game 7 much like Kobe used to do for Shaq, I will be generous and say more like Kobe.

Bump in 5 years for a revote.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Kyrie is actually closer to harden(prior to last season) than he is to any other player...if you short term memoried faggots can recall how he played prior to a lebron joining him...kyrie was a ball hog shoot first ball dominant point guard...it even showed during those all star games...so when he has no lebron on his team he will revert right back to that kind of player for a year but then maturity will take over (or a good coach) and he will realize that he wants to win again and will change up his game for the betterment of his team....
Talk shit all you want but im right and you know im right and when it happens I will remind you that I told you so and you will claim im lying...as you always do
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

Macrotus
Hall of Famer

Post by Macrotus »

I kinda got a sense he kinda like Kobe in his 2nd year. But seriously aside from his scoring prowess...he is nothing like Kobe.

The question really should be...closer to AI or Marbury?
dwcmwa
All-Time Great

Post by dwcmwa »

I'm starting to really like Kyrie.

He doesn't like taking the easy way out, he never really wanted to play for Bronze, and is tired of his beta bullying. He wants a team of his own.

I wouldn't mind Kyrie on the Bulls at this point.