The Rondo injury completely messed things up

Talk about anything here.
Bush4Ever
Board Alpha Male

Re: The Rondo injury completely messed things up

Post by Bush4Ever »

Deez Na wrote:
Nice opinion, but nope.
Not an opinion. A fact. I ran the numbers and quantum mechanics calculations.

I understand the abject failure is hard to swallow, but you aren't entitled to your own facts.
Taking a break from the board. Please reference my last post for more details if you are interested.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

I watched the game yesterday.

Neither team has even a fighting chance vs. Cleveland. But at least a 2nd or ECF berth for Boston is something to build on as they continue to rebuild/revamp.
Bush4Ever
Board Alpha Male

Post by Bush4Ever »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:I watched the game yesterday.

Neither team has even a fighting chance vs. Cleveland. But at least a 2nd or ECF berth for Boston is something to build on as they continue to rebuild/revamp.
To me, the interesting series would be the Celtics vs. Hawks/Wizards.

I know they aren't on Cleveland's level, but I'm interested to see how they rank in the next tier, and if they separate themselves from teams like the Wizards or Raptors.

Unfortunately, I don't think they really do, especially in a playoff sense.
Taking a break from the board. Please reference my last post for more details if you are interested.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Bush4Ever wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:I watched the game yesterday.

To me, the interesting series would be the Celtics vs. Hawks/Wizards.

I know they aren't on Cleveland's level, but I'm interested to see how they rank in the next tier, and if they separate themselves from teams like the Wizards or Raptors.

Unfortunately, I don't think they really do, especially in a playoff sense.

Yes. The Celtic vs. Wizards would be interesting if we keep it in a vacuum. But that nagging thought of "this is completely irrelevant" will be with me the entire series.

The Isaiah Thomas on defense thing is a very real concern for this team. Cleveland was able to force Steph Curry onto James in the Finals. And Curry is at least 6 inches taller and a better defender. Plus, the Cavs have Love, Irving, Frye, Korver, Smith, et al waiting to shoot open three pointers instead of Wade, Zipser and Mirotic.

Yikes.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

Bush4Ever wrote:
Deez Na wrote:
Nice opinion, but nope.
Not an opinion. A fact. I ran the numbers and quantum mechanics calculations.

I understand the abject failure is hard to swallow, but you aren't entitled to your own facts.
Nope. You obviously ran your numbers wrong. It happens. You are definitely not correct on this.
Buckets
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Buckets »

Honestly if the Bulls had a player consistently perform outside of Butler, the Celtics would be losing this series. I'd be concerned if I were a Celtics fan.

Not salty, but this team shouldn't scare anyone
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Buckets wrote:Honestly if the Bulls had a player consistently perform outside of Butler, the Celtics would be losing this series. I'd be concerned if I were a Celtics fan.

Pretty much true.

It shouldn't take until midway through the 4th to pull away from this Bulls team.
Y2K
One Mizzou. Then. Now. Always.

Post by Y2K »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
y2ktors wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:

IT's sister doesn't cause a team-wide distraction....and last night's game isn't being played. 4-0 Celtics.

What if...what if...what if...

:sadbron:
IT's personal issue is not why they got beat in the first 2 games. They had trouble matching up with the Bulls.
Meh...

Speculation is speculation. You don't know if having Rondo being there would have made any difference and you don't know if having the pall of IT's sister's death would have made a difference.

The only thing we know is it's 3-2 Celtics. No IT sister's death and no Rondo injury is just speculation, which is virtually always teinted by bias.
It may be speculation but in the case of Rondo, there's a lot to go on to be able to make a very legitimate case that his injury has been the biggest difference in the last three games. Finally, he became the floor General that the thought that they were signing. Without him, we see another major weakness with the Bulls's offense.

The Celtics made a lineup change and that's definitely been a difference so I don't want to disregard that.

I'm a baaaddd motherfucker!!
Y2K
One Mizzou. Then. Now. Always.

Post by Y2K »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Buckets wrote:Honestly if the Bulls had a player consistently perform outside of Butler, the Celtics would be losing this series. I'd be concerned if I were a Celtics fan.

Pretty much true.

It shouldn't take until midway through the 4th to pull away from this Bulls team.
The Bulls threw that game away and then they quit.

I'm a baaaddd motherfucker!!
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

Rondo going out for the Bulls is kind of like if Joe Ingles went out for the Jazz. Ingles has been one of the Jazz's best play makers and defenders against the Clippers. It would be a huge loss if he went down BUT there isn't one person that could say with a serious face that the Jazz lost because they didn't have Joe Ingles. I mean really? Rondo didn't even play half the season. Not because he was hurt but because he was a twit.

Has Rondo played great during this series? Sure but if you're really relying on Rondo to be your difference maker in a series, you've got bigger problems.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Kingcarl24 wrote:Rondo going out for the Bulls is kind of like if Joe Ingles went out for the Jazz. Ingles has been one of the Jazz's best play makers and defenders against the Clippers. It would be a huge loss if he went down BUT there isn't one person that could say with a serious face that the Jazz lost because they didn't have Joe Ingles. I mean really? Rondo didn't even play half the season. Not because he was hurt but because he was a twit.

Has Rondo played great during this series? Sure but if you're really relying on Rondo to be your difference maker in a series, you've got bigger problems.
And consistency. The better than Dirk "Nasty Niko" had 'some' stellar games in the season. But he's had stretches where he has completely shit the bed. That's been Rondo for at least 3-4 years now. He brings you stuff you want, but too often he also brings stuff you don't want. Pretending only the 'good' Rondo will show up smacks of big bias.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:Rondo going out for the Bulls is kind of like if Joe Ingles went out for the Jazz. Ingles has been one of the Jazz's best play makers and defenders against the Clippers. It would be a huge loss if he went down BUT there isn't one person that could say with a serious face that the Jazz lost because they didn't have Joe Ingles. I mean really? Rondo didn't even play half the season. Not because he was hurt but because he was a twit.

And consistency. The better than Dirk "Nasty Niko" had 'some' stellar games in the season. But he's had stretches where he has completely shit the bed. That's been Rondo for at least 3-4 years now. He brings you stuff you want, but too often he also brings stuff you don't want. Pretending only the 'good' Rondo will show up smacks of big bias.
I would hate being a fan of this Bulls team. That inconsistency would kill me. One minute they're destroying the Cavs or handing the Magic one of the biggest L's in their history. The next, they're falling apart and losing 3 games in a row to a team they kind of dominated to start the series.