The Rondo injury completely messed things up

Talk about anything here.
dwcmwa
All-Time Great

The Rondo injury completely messed things up

Post by dwcmwa »

He's the lone facilitator on the team, and was getting everybody in a rhythm.

Bulls aren't done yet, but they would be done with this series if he didn't go down.

Everybody is out of rhythm now.

It also doesn't help the refs are on the Celtics payroll.

thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Re: The Rondo injury completely messed things up

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Good chance Rondo returns for Game 6... if that happens the Bulls will win in 7 without a doubt.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Losing Rondo was a real blow to the Bulls title hopes....
Y2K
One Mizzou. Then. Now. Always.

Post by Y2K »

thedangerouskitchen wrote:Good chance Rondo returns for Game 6... if that happens the Bulls will win in 7 without a doubt.
Good chance my ass. The season is over.

I'm a baaaddd motherfucker!!
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

y2ktors wrote:
thedangerouskitchen wrote:Good chance Rondo returns for Game 6... if that happens the Bulls will win in 7 without a doubt.
It's true... the door to a possible Game 6 return is still open, and if he does return the series is still very much alive.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
dwcmwa
All-Time Great

Post by dwcmwa »

Rondo needs to pull a Willis Reed in Game 6 and Jimmy needs to go for 50.

rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

dwcmwa wrote:Rondo needs to pull a Willis Reed in Game 6 and Jimmy needs to go for 50.
And they can do it too. Rondo coming back would be just what the doctor ordered, and his presence could be the emotional lift that re kickstarts this Bulls squad...

And Jimmy? Forget about it, when he wants to be, he is the best player in the league...I still feel like the Bulls got this...
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

rileymartin wrote:
dwcmwa wrote:Rondo needs to pull a Willis Reed in Game 6 and Jimmy needs to go for 50.
And they can do it too. Rondo coming back would be just what the doctor ordered, and his presence could be the emotional lift that re kickstarts this Bulls squad...

And Jimmy? Forget about it, when he wants to be, he is the best player in the league...I still feel like the Bulls got this...
Good to know that fans of lottery teams are rooting for the Bulls.

elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

thedangerouskitchen wrote:
y2ktors wrote:
It's true... the door to a possible Game 6 return is still open, and if he does return the series is still very much alive.
Lol at thinking he will play as if nothing happened....lol at thinking nobody will focus on his hurt finger
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

Y2K

Post by Y2K »

thedangerouskitchen wrote:
y2ktors wrote:
Come Friday, his thumb will still be broken with a bunch of swelling. There's no getting around that.

Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Great thread.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

Doesn't matter how posters wanna troll the bulls fans with injuries, but this injury obviously did make a difference. Rondo plays games 3 & 4 and this is probably a 3-2 series lead for the bulls right now at worst.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Deez Na wrote:Doesn't matter how posters wanna troll the bulls fans with injuries, but this injury obviously did make a difference. Rondo plays games 3 & 4 and this is probably a 3-2 series lead for the bulls right now at worst.
At best

Only reason bulls even had a chance in games one and two is because the celtics were entirely mentally checked out after Thomas' sisters desth, notice how the tables completely turned only after Thomas was able to go home and see his family and say goodbye to his sister....
If not for that death, celtics would likely have won 4-1 already and getting ready for round two right now

Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Deez Na wrote:Doesn't matter how posters wanna troll the bulls fans with injuries, but this injury obviously did make a difference. Rondo plays games 3 & 4 and this is probably a 3-2 series lead for the bulls right now at worst.

IT's sister doesn't cause a team-wide distraction....and last night's game isn't being played. 4-0 Celtics.

What if...what if...what if...

:sadbron:
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
Y2K

Post by Y2K »

Robceltsfan wrote:

IT's sister doesn't cause a team-wide distraction....and last night's game isn't being played. 4-0 Celtics.

IT's personal issue is not why they got beat in the first 2 games. They had trouble matching up with the Bulls.

elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

y2ktors wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:

IT's personal issue is not why they got beat in the first 2 games. They had trouble matching up with the Bulls.
Lol, yes it is, 5 hats the 100% reason

Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

y2ktors wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:

Exactly and were killed on the boards. Robby is trolling a lot lately.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

y2ktors wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:

Meh...

Speculation is speculation. You don't know if having Rondo being there would have made any difference and you don't know if having the pall of IT's sister's death would have made a difference.

The only thing we know is it's 3-2 Celtics. No IT sister's death and no Rondo injury is just speculation, which is virtually always teinted by bias.
Bush4Ever
Board Alpha Male

Post by Bush4Ever »

I ran the numbers and advanced analytic quantum statistical calculations, and it's a fact that without the injury *and* the death, it would have a 4-1 series win for the Celtics.

Sorry about that Bulls fans.
Taking a break from the board. Please reference my last post for more details if you are interested.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

Bush4Ever wrote:I ran the numbers and advanced analytic quantum statistical calculations, and it's a fact that without the injury *and* the death, it would have a 4-1 series win for the Celtics.

Sorry about that Bulls fans.
Nice opinion, but nope.