Who didn't know what a guarantee was?

Talk about anything here.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Who didn't know what a guarantee was?

Post by Sudanese Sensation »

This board will never be mistaken for the Mensa board but I still find the assertion that a fellow poster didn't know what a "guarantee" was hard to believe.

I would appreciate documentation and not secondary or tertiary hearsay.

Thank you in advance.
CleveTown™
Three-Time Fantasy Champion King

Re: Who didn't know what a guarantee was?

Post by CleveTown™ »

? no idea what youre talking about?
October 16th, 2020. Thank you Pastor John (P)
January 7th. (D)
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

CleveTown™ wrote:? no idea what youre talking about?

I was reading some threads and the "poster who doesn't know what a guarantee" is was the "meme du jour."
jordanzone
constitutionnomore

Post by jordanzone »

..the two parties involved were yuh_nuccu & AlaskaHawks....I'll let you figure out who schooled who in this scenario...happy hunting...
Incognito
All-Time Great

Post by Incognito »

yuh nicca had a legit meltdown after Hawks proved he didn't understand what guarantee meant. He most likely had his bf Ripper clean up the evidence.
Yuh
Superstar

Post by Yuh »

I started a thread saying the Heat would beat the the Wizards in a game they were down by 30+ in and said "guaranteed."

Hawks then said "another empty guarantee with no collateral behind it."

I then asked him how much he wanted to wager (so there would be collateral behind my statement).

He didn't want to do that (ChickenHawk), so he instead claimed that I didn't know what a guarantee was and certain posters predictably jumped on his side (Scott & Bulls fans).

I again asked if he wanted to make a wager and that's when he said he had to go to "dinner." He has done this on numerous occasions whenever I have him cornered or I'm making him upset he finds an "out" to leave the convo (ChickenHawk) and not show his frustration on the board.

I had been drinking that night and I got mad that he weaseled his way out of another confrontation. I probably should've laughed it off, but unlike other posters on this board I oftentimes don't care if others see me get angry because I don't take this board that seriously.

And, of course, whenever someone shows anger on this board it is like blood in the water for the trolls because they begin to think they know what button to push to get you to respond angrily again. So now Scott has been running with this idea that I don't know what a guarantee is ever since (and failing miserably each time) in hopes that I'll respond angrily because the clown has been obsessed with me dating back for years on the ESPN board.

That's basically the whole story. Scott's only objective is to troll and twist things to suit his narrative. Anybody who takes a word of what he says at face value is either

a) in on the shtick, and trolling along with him.

Or

b) a fool who doesn't know any better.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

This is an interesting concept from a etymological standpoint.

A guarantee is a promise but it's also more than a promise. It's a promise with a stipulation that the person to whom the promise is made will be compensated if the promise is not fulfilled. It's like the thirty day money back guarantee you see on some products.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

Sounds like Alaska destroyed Nuccu, at least based on the 100-page novella written up there (shook).
Yuh
Superstar

Post by Yuh »

WiseGuy wrote:This is an interesting concept from a etymological standpoint.

A guarantee is a promise but it's also more than a promise. It's a promise with a stipulation that the person to whom the promise is made will be compensated if the promise is not fulfilled. It's like the thirty day money back guarantee you see on some products.
Which is what I offered him.
Yuh
Superstar

Post by Yuh »

kobeunderbite wrote:Sounds like Alaska destroyed Nuccu, at least based on the 100-page novella written up there (shook).
Far from it. I'm only letting my buddy WiseGuy know what the deal is. I'm fine with ChickenHawk now, but that night was one of many instances where I ran him off for speaking out of his ass.
TheStig
All-Star

Post by TheStig »

[youtube]lpQvoHDEkrs[/youtube]
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

TheStig wrote:[youtube]lpQvoHDEkrs[/youtube]

They bought him out...The commercials suck without him. That guy had found his niche.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

LOL. Look at that novel.

I came back after I went to dinner, and we had more fun talking about the subject. You were there too. So, no you didn't run me off.
I didn't bet you because I wanted to point out your idiocy, not take a bet and give you an out. You're lack of knowledge about what a guarantee is, needed to be addressed. I'm just looking out for you little guy.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.