Jordan pushed

Talk about anything here.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Jordan pushed

Post by Shill Jackson »

why else is your left hand out?
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
FPL
Hall of Famer

Re: Jordan pushed

Post by FPL »

Maybe true, but IMO MJ made his name pre-93 retirement. The stuff after coming back was just icing on the cake, but he wasn't the same Michael Jordan (killer post game for a guard though, and he put on even more muscle).
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

Russell is pretty weak. Getting thrown to
The ground from left hand half extension tap.
town bidness
All-Star

Post by town bidness »

without a doubt.
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

Good thing jordan was never on the other end of a blatant push

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Meh. It's not clear either way and at this point, who gives a fuck? He made the shot and the rest is history.
jordanzone
constitutionnomore

Post by jordanzone »

..this again..haha..the sour grapes is just vintage w(h)ine at this point...
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:Meh. It's not clear either way and at this point, who gives a fuck? He made the shot and the rest is history.
it's VERY clear, look at the video

and fpliii, he didn't retire
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

What most fans today forget is the sequence leading up to the legendary shot from MJ:

59.2: Jordan hits 2 FT's... game tied 83-83
41.9: Stockton nails a 3... Jazz up 86-83
37.1: Jordan drives past Russell for layup... Jazz up 86-85
20.9: Jordan steals ball from Malone
5.2: Jordan hits game/Finals winning jumper... Bulls win 87-86

Slight push or not this defines Jordan: 6 points and the key Defensive play in the final minute. This is what he did his entire career, which is why he's the GOAT.

//end of this failed thread.
Last edited by thedangerouskitchen on Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Shill Jackson wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:Meh. It's not clear either way and at this point, who gives a fuck? He made the shot and the rest is history.

Baloney. I've watched it a million times and I still can't make up my mind.

If you took 100 guys with no horse in the race (which obviously disqualifies you), 50 might say he did and 50 might say he didn't. It's about as clear as mud.
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

constitutionnomore wrote:..this again..haha..the sour grapes is just vintage w(h)ine at this point...
Agreed. No one cares about Brons constant offensive foul bull rushing or when Bibbys face fouled Kobe's elbow. Or Reggie's huge push off Jordan a week before. But Jordans love tap on Russell after already faking the fuck out of him remains hugely debatable, 16 years after the fact
Smelters
Hall of Famer

Post by Smelters »

Titan18 wrote:Good thing jordan was never on the other end of a blatant push

Happened the same year and I think that made the Bulls go 7 with the Pacers. I posted this many times on ESPN. Reggie's was really a push off, full extension on a 2 handed shove.

Well this kills that "MJ pushed off" shizz. BTW Wade and a few other players do that move nowadays.
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

Smelters wrote:
Titan18 wrote:Good thing jordan was never on the other end of a blatant push

Happened the same year and I think that made the Bulls go 7 with the Pacers. I posted this many times on ESPN. Reggie's was really a push off, full extension on a 2 handed shove.

Well this kills that "MJ pushed off" shizz. BTW Wade and a few other players do that move nowadays.
Exactly. It actually happened about a week before. All part of the game. Reggie said it best.
"Ask Jordan if that was a push"
Smelters
Hall of Famer

Post by Smelters »

Titan18 wrote:
constitutionnomore wrote:..this again..haha..the sour grapes is just vintage w(h)ine at this point...
Agreed. No one cares about Brons constant offensive foul bull rushing or when Bibbys face fouled Kobe's elbow. Or Reggie's huge push off Jordan a week before. But Jordans love tap on Russell after already faking the fuck out of him remains hugely debatable, 16 years after the fact
The video you posted of Reggie getting away with it on MJ kills another trying to dis MJ to make his player look good. These guys are so insecure that it makes me laugh. MJ still rules their favorite players era, wow!!!
Smelters
Hall of Famer

Post by Smelters »

OP since you like watching MJ hitting clutch shots, remember this. This is what he did in college to win the NCAA title.

thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Titan18 wrote:

It's only debatable among the Haters (ie; Kobe Kids and LeTots) because there is literally nothing else about Jordan's illustrious / unequaled career for them to scrutinize, where as their hero's have a laundry list of shortcomings and failures.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

typical TDK obfuscation

please stay on topic
--Henry Rollins

thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Shill Jackson wrote:typical TDK obfuscation

please stay on topic

I stayed on topic (ie; my first post on this thread)... but in typical fashion you avoided it like the plague. Here it is again, just for you:

What most fans today forget is the sequence leading up to the legendary shot from MJ:

59.2: Jordan hits 2 FT's... game tied 83-83
41.9: Stockton nails a 3... Jazz up 86-83
37.1: Jordan drives past Russell for layup... Jazz up 86-85
20.9: Jordan steals ball from Malone
5.2: Jordan hits game/Finals winning jumper... Bulls win 87-86

Slight push or not this defines Jordan: 6 points and the key Defensive play in the final minute. This is what he did his entire career, which is why he's the GOAT.

//end of this failed thread.
Last edited by thedangerouskitchen on Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Repeat3peat
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Repeat3peat »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
Shill Jackson wrote:

Baloney. I've watched it a million times and I still can't make up my mind.

If you took 100 guys with no horse in the race (which obviously disqualifies you), 50 might say he did and 50 might say he didn't. It's about as clear as mud.
Spoken like someone who has actually played some ball themselves and understand it's nuances.....MJ braced himself against Russell helping him halt his own momentum...... which is why his arm never fully extends....COMPLETELY different than a push off<----See Reggie.
dwcmwa
All-Time Great

Post by dwcmwa »

Obviously this KK is so destroyed by the GOAT.

Jordan crossed Russell so bad it looked like he pushed him, when in fact he did not.

Now cry some more KoMe Kid.

ROFL.