The posts that ends anything Griff tries to refute as to why Kobe's overrated

Talk about anything here.
Jims_Doors
Role Player

The posts that ends anything Griff tries to refute as to why Kobe's overrated

Post by Jims_Doors »

The post below shows Kobe's Finals stats with details. Kobe fans like to point out what Kobe did BEFORE the Finals to say how great he is. That's because Kobe's Finals stats are shady as fuck, yet they go straight to some of LeBron's Finals performances to bring him down and never mention his greatness in earlier rounds.

Kobe stans will also constantly say "the WCF was the REAL Finals" and do so cause Kobe played badly against the so-called shit East in the Finals.

Does the below look like a top 10 player to you?

----------

"I find the hype about Kobe to be extreme. He is a great player but imo he is very overrated.

Remember after Shaq left and before they got Gasol we got to see Kobe lead a team with minimal talent around him. It was mainly him, Odom, and Fisher. During those 3 seasons, Kobe and the Lakers failed to make the playoffs once and lost in the first round twice. One of those first round losses was to the Suns where Amare did not play for the entire seires. That's right- the Lakers lost to the Suns without Amare in a 7 games series yet Kobe got no flack for that. It was only after they got Gasol that they made it past the first round.

Kobe also gets no flack for taking games off like he did in the game 6 loss in the 2008 NBA finals that gave Boston the title. (7 of 22 shooting, 22 points 3 rebounds 1 assist). No one mentioned a word about Kobe quiting in that game.

But anyways here are Kobe's stats in all of the NBA finals he has been in:

2000 NBA Finals

Shaq- 38 PPG, 17 RPG, 2.5 APG, 2.7 BPG, 61% FG 96/157----6 games
Kobe-16 PPG, 5 RPG, 4 APG, 1.4 BPG, 36% FG%, 33/90----5 games

MVP= Shaq. Shaq performs MUCH better than Bryant who shoots a pathetic 36 percent. Also Shaq was doubled covered while Kobe was left with less coverage but even then Shaq did much better.

2001 NBA Finals

Shaq- 33 PPG, 16 RPG, 5 APG, 3.5 BPG, 63/110 57% FG-----5 games
Kobe- 24 PPG, 8 RPG, 6 APG, 1.4 BPG, 44/106 41% FG------5 games

MVP= Shaq. Shaq performs MUCH better than Bryant who shoots 41%.. Also Shaq was doubled covered while Kobe was left with less coverage but even then Shaq did much better.

2002 NBA Finals

Shaq- 37 PPG, 12.25 RPG, 4 APG, 2.75 BPG, 50/84 60% FG----4 games
Kobe-26 PPG, 5.75 RPG, 5 APG, .75 BPG, 36/70 51% FG-------4 games

MVP= Shaq again. Same old story- Shaq gets doubled coverage yet he still out performs Kobe big time.

Total average stats for 3 championships (15 games)=

Shaq=36 PPG, 15.4 RPG, 3.7 APG, 3 BPG, 209/351 60% FG, Double coverage
Kobe=20 PPG, 6 RPG, 4.6 APG, 1 BPG, 113/266 42% FG, Single coverage

Tell me, who was the big player in the finals for the Lakers? Obviously Shaq. To give Kobe credit for these championships like you would give Duncan, Shaq, MJ, Hakeem etc credit for their championships is a JOKE. Shaq was BY FAR the best player on those teams period.

Kobe is one of the most overrated bball players of all time. I would still rank him about #16 all time, which is good but most people are hit by the hype and rank him top 10 which is very untrue.

Now let’s take a look at Kobe’s other 3 championship appearances, 2 of which were losses. In a few weeks from now I predict that Kobe will have another championship appearance and a championship loss to Boston.

2004 NBA finals 5 games loss
Shaq= 27 PPG, 11 RPG, 2 APG, .6 BPG, 53/84 63% FG
Kobe=22 PPG, 3 RPG, 4 APG, .6 BPG, 43/113 38% FG

This was a 5 game loss to Detroit. But Shaq once again clearly outperformed Kobe who severely damaged his team with his terrible shooting percent instead of passing it to Shaq.

2008 NBA finals 6 games loss
Kobe= 25 PPG, 4.5 RPG, 5 APG, .16 BPG, 53/131 40% FG

Yet another terrible shooting NBA finals by Kobe.

2009 NBA finals 5 games win
Kobe= 32 PPG, 5.5 RPG, 7.4 AGP, 58/135, 42% FG

Finally his first great NBA finals performance and it only took him 6 tries to get it! But even then he shot a low 42%.

All in all, Kobe does not perform anywhere as well in the NBA finals as people think (his playoff stats outside of the NBA finals are similar to that as well).

Kobe overall NBA finals stats from 6 series averaged=

23 PPG, 5 RPG, 5 APG, 41% FG (267/645).

He gets hyped a lot because he is from the huge market of LA. I was shocked when I saw voters vote that Kobe was a better Laker than Shaq. It was no comparison!

I could understand if he was the only one on the team but he has played for extremely talented teams. Shaq took up double coverage in the first 4 NBA finals where Kobe still struggled and in the past 2 NBA finals, while Kobe was the best on his team he had good teammates that prevented opposing teams from locking down on Kobe."
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Re: The posts that ends anything Griff tries to refute as to why Kobe's overrated

Post by kobeunderbite »

Please take a time machine back to 2004-2012 when people might have cared about a thread like this.
ripper76
Accounts will be settled.

Re: The posts that ends anything Griff tries to refute as to why Kobe's overrated

Post by ripper76 »

griffmonkey=destroid
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

griffmonkey raped
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
Jims_Doors
Role Player

Post by Jims_Doors »

Here's a clip I stumbled across that Kobe stans like to use when the Lakers were close to going down 3-1 to the Kings in 2002.

It's the game winner and why Kobe's clutch they say!!

Master Spade
Hall of Famer

Post by Master Spade »

koME Bryant = 13th GOAT

and I'm being kind.
I would rather DIE Standing on my Feet, than Live Life on my Knees!!