Soooo.... are the Warriors worse? Better? About the same?

Talk about anything here.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Soooo.... are the Warriors worse? Better? About the same?

Post by LNS »

I know it's early in the season, just curious what everyone's take is so far. Their rim protection is pretty much nonexistent, Iggy appears to have lost maybe half a step, Klay is struggling, Steph and Green aren't doing quite as well... although conversely Durant is looking great.

Season is young and I'm sure they'll "figure it out", but I always thought breaking up a 73-win team that was literally one win away from the title was kinda stupid.
Jims_Doors
Role Player

Re: Soooo.... are the Warriors worse? Better? About the same?

Post by Jims_Doors »

They need a PG who's more of a distributor first and a scorer 2nd on most nights.

That's not going to happen though
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Much more talent, offensive firepower, and skill with this team.

Worse defense, rebounding, paint protection, and chemistry.

I'd say they're better because they will likely fix those issues by the deadline.
Kennethgriffin
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Kennethgriffin »

Better for the playoffs... worse for the regular season

This team when they try their best are the one that showed up for okc.... the one where they dont give a fuck is when they played the lakers
3effs
Hall of Famer

Post by 3effs »

LakersNeedShaq wrote:I know it's early in the season, just curious what everyone's take is so far. Their rim protection is pretty much nonexistent, Iggy appears to have lost maybe half a step, Klay is struggling, Steph and Green aren't doing quite as well... although conversely Durant is looking great.

Season is young and I'm sure they'll "figure it out", but I always thought breaking up a 73-win team that was literally one win away from the title was kinda stupid.

I think it's hard to call essentially giving up Barnes, Boguts, and a few other role players for a future first ballot HOFer kind of stupid. It was a no brainer to sign Durant.

When you integrate a player that needs the ball as much as Durant there will be some growing pains. Most recent example is when the Heat added LeBron and Bosh. They started 9-8 I believe. It takes time. Durant is still learning to fit in. Right now they aren't as good as last year. But in May? They should be better than they've ever been.
3effs
Hall of Famer

Post by 3effs »

Also, this Warriors team is going to get bored. They aren't going to be able to get up for every team. They don't have anything to prove. Most of them already have rings. So when they play a team like the Lakers they might not get excited...but when it's the Thunder (Durant's old team) or the Cavs I think you'll see typically play better.

They are still going to win 65 or more games.