Will losing their enforcer come back to haunt the Pacers?

Talk about anything here.
Repeat3peat
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Re: Will losing their enforcer come back to haunt the Pacers

Post by Repeat3peat »

WiseGuy wrote:Read Halberstam's book about Jordan. It's a great read...He used to go "moo" when Jerry Krause came into the room becuase he was overweight.
If you haven't read "Loose Balls" written by Terry Pluto....GREAT read as well.

Incognito
All-Time Great

Post by Incognito »

"One of my earliest memories is straddling my dad while watching Cartwright and the Bulls." - Andy Belus
Smelters
Hall of Famer

Post by Smelters »

Incognito wrote:
Smelters wrote:
Incognito wrote:I used to work a second job screening players before they boarded charters. We would sit around in a hanger and wait until everyone showed up and he always brought fast food from a place called Oakland Gyro. I asked him what he ordered and he told me and said he's always late because the place is downtown and I told him that the same restaurant is right down the street. Then the next few times they left Milwaukee he brought me food from the place. He was the coolest one on that team. I have a few stories about him.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
oh "some of my best friends are black" how typical. hahahahahahahahaha, LOL!!! :lol: ;)
You're jealous of my relationship with Jerry Stackhouse.

Shizz I hung out with Sharon Stone when she was hot off Basic Instinct on Madison ave. in NYC. I know, U mad.

Hey Ripper or any of the mods can I show the real gif of Miss Stone crossing her legs? some cuchi will show though.

I continue to destroy Scotty talking about a Stackhouse when I'm talking about a brickhouse.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Post by Sudanese Sensation »

Smelters wrote:
Incognito wrote:
Smelters wrote: oh "some of my best friends are black" how typical. hahahahahahahahaha, LOL!!! :lol: ;)
You're jealous of my relationship with Jerry Stackhouse.

Shizz I hung out with Sharon Stone when she was hot off Basic Instinct on Madison ave. in NYC. I know, U mad.

Hey Ripper or any of the mods can I show the real gif of Miss Stone crossing her legs? some cuchi will show though.

I continue to destroy Scotty talking about a Stackhouse when I'm talking about a brickhouse.

Did u hit it, bro?
Yuh
Superstar

Post by Yuh »

Incognito wrote:^ while all true, Udonis Hasbeen is no enforcer. He's what 33? and moves around like he's 53. He's as fake as it gets.

FOH!

Haslem has been going to work on players who try to play rough with Wade and/or LeBron for many years. Pussy T is a bitch who has been punked on numerous occasions. I've yet to see UD get punked in his entire career.

Stick to race relations.
Repeat3peat

Post by Repeat3peat »

gainesvillejjstalker wrote:Do you avid Bulls fans that know way more than me about them think they win more titles if it wasn't for Krause? I don't understand why the owner backed him and why MJ used to make fun of him.
It's possible.

It's more likely they would have won less without Krause though.....there were times MJ pissed and moaned pushing for a trade for guys like Walter Davis which would have been disastrous.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

gainesvillejjstalker wrote:Do you avid Bulls fans that know way more than me about them think they win more titles if it wasn't for Krause? I don't understand why the owner backed him and why MJ used to make fun of him.

Not an avid Bulls fan but while a Hell of a basketball player and arguably the GOAT he was not a nice guy.

I have my own "personal" Jordan story if you want to hear it. It's personal because it's a first hand account told to me. I don't really have a compunction to get in a swearing match about Jordan but I'll tell the story if people are interested.
Smelters
Hall of Famer

Post by Smelters »

WiseGuy wrote:
Smelters wrote:
Incognito wrote:You're jealous of my relationship with Jerry Stackhouse.

Did u hit it, bro?
No but she allowed me and only me to kick it with her for several blocks after her bodyguards tried to ward me off. She said he's okay. I felt like a little like Tupac, All eyez on me, and her, haha. You know unknown black guy with the hottest actress out in NYC on a hot summer day. Scotty is jealous or maybe not hmmmmm. :lol:
Yuh
Superstar

Post by Yuh »

rileymartin wrote:Even Birdman slapped hansbrough around lol.
That's right, I remember now.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LMAO

OP getting smacked around and run through the gutter in this thread.
Repeat3peat

Post by Repeat3peat »

WiseGuy wrote:

Not an avid Bulls fan but while a Hell of a basketball player and arguably the GOAT he was not a nice guy.

I have my own "personal" Jordan story if you want to hear it. It's personal because it's a first hand account told to me. I don't really have a compunction to get in a swearing match about Jordan but I'll tell the story if people are interested.
Shoot.

I have a few as well that would take my old ass too long to type.

:)

MJ hasn't done the organization many favors since his departure....truth be told.

He is/was a looong way from being "nice guy"
Last edited by Repeat3peat on Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yuh
Superstar

Post by Yuh »

Incognito wrote:I destroy these LeTots so routinely that they're digging through game tape so desperate to prove me wrong, all over an obvious joke thread.

Yeah, I think Tyler Hansbrough is an enforcer.

Uh, err, nah... Ya see, hm... I was just kidding!

LOL @ Bitchmade Scott
Incognito
All-Time Great

Post by Incognito »

yuh_nuccu wrote:
Incognito wrote:I destroy these LeTots so routinely that they're digging through game tape so desperate to prove me wrong, all over an obvious joke thread.

Yeah, I think Tyler Hansbrough is an enforcer.

Uh, err, nah... Ya see, hm... I was just kidding!

LOL @ Bitchmade Scott
I was kidding.

lol

Still doesn't mean pussy Haslem is tough.

Smelters
Hall of Famer

Post by Smelters »

gainesvillejjstalker wrote:
Smelters wrote:
WiseGuy wrote:
Did u hit it, bro?
No but she allowed me and only me to kick it with her for several blocks after her bodyguards tried to ward me off. She said he's okay. I felt like a little like Tupac, All eyez on me, and her, haha. You know unknown black guy with the hottest actress out in NYC on a hot summer day. Scotty is jealous or maybe not hmmmmm. :lol:
I didn't know you were black.
I'm mixed like us all. uh oh!!!
Smelters
Hall of Famer

Post by Smelters »

Smelters wrote:
gainesvillejjstalker wrote: I didn't know you were black.
I'm mixed like us all. uh oh!!!
That definitely changes things.
How? kemosabe
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

gainesvillejjstalker wrote:I'd love to hear personal stories with MJ or any NBA players. Truly fascinating.

I used to be a Director Of Sales And Marketing at an Orlando publishing company. One of the guys that worked with me was with his ten year old daughter at a Hooters Restaurant In Winter Haven when Jordan was playing for the Birmingham Barons. Everybody asks me when I tell the story why this guy took his daughter to Hooters. i don't know...Any way Jordan was all by himself, no entourage, no nothing, and she asked him for an autograph and Jordan told her he doesn't "work on Sundays". The guy that worked with me got in this long discussion with Jordan about not signing autographs on Sunday and how it wouldn't have "killed him" just to sign the autograph.

I have no reason to believe he made it up.

If you want I will tell you when I met Shaq's dad and his brother or when I had lunch with Dave Pear or when Zach Thomas got drunk and threw up in this guy's car.

My publishing job brought me into contact with a lot of athletes.
Incognito
All-Time Great

Post by Incognito »

Incognito wrote:
gainesvillejjstalker wrote: What was the scenario?
I used to work a second job screening players before they boarded charters. We would sit around in a hanger and wait until everyone showed up and he always brought fast food from a place called Oakland Gyro. I asked him what he ordered and he told me and said he's always late because the place is downtown and I told him that the same restaurant is right down the street. Then the next few times they left Milwaukee he brought me food from the place. He was the coolest one on that team. I have a few stories about him.

That's kick ass. The closest thing I experienced was serving Tim Tebow here in Gainesville at Cracker Barrel. He was polite and smiled the whole time.
Another story about Stackhouse. He walked through security one day and I saw him throw his iPhone in a trash can. This girl pulled it out of the garbage and I looked at it and someone was calling it non-stop. The girl ran it back to him and he told her he didn't want it lol. I think it was a phone he used for his mistresses. Alpha as fuck.