LAKERS, bitch

Talk about anything here.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

LAKERS, bitch

Post by kobeunderbite »

DeMar DeRozan will be a free agent this offseason coming off a career year with the Toronto Raptors.

DeRozan was the ninth overall pick in 2009 out of USC.

"He's enjoying his last days in Toronto because he'll leaving for Los Angeles in a few months anyways," said Smith of DeRozan.

While Smith doesn't specify which team from Los Angeles he predicts will sign DeRozan, it is presumably the Los Angeles Lakers given their needs on the wing and available cap space.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/24 ... -Offseason" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:banderas:
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Re: LAKERS, bitch

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Good to see the Lakers work on catching up to other young teams in the West who already have their transcendent foundations and are just topping it off with a top-notch coach.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

But not until the Lakers sign Durant, Westbrook, Love and Melo.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

I don't know why anyone is super high on DeRozan. His game kind of reminds me of Gordon Hayward. When he's got it going, it's great. He seems to disappear a lot though.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Kingcarl24 wrote:I don't know why anyone is super high on DeRozan. His game kind of reminds me of Gordon Hayward. When he's got it going, it's great. He seems to disappear a lot though.

He's the second best player on the 2 seed in the East who look like they could be vulnerable to drop to the 7 seed in the first round.

But hey, small victories for Lakers fans. They're shedding a bunch of dead weight this offseason.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
Kennethgriffin
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Kennethgriffin »

i think kobe saved the franchise with that 60 point game.. that might be the re birth of its mystique

leaving on a huge positive note was pretty important. it also might have drowned out the d'angelo drama
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Kingcarl24 wrote:I don't know why anyone is super high on DeRozan. His game kind of reminds me of Gordon Hayward. When he's got it going, it's great. He seems to disappear a lot though.

The thing is... I think smart teams know neither is a #1 guy. As a #2 or even #3... both are very good.

[Note: Not saying Utah isn't smart. They're searching for that #1, they probably realize more than anybody that it's not Hayward.]
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

So we sign DeRozan and Durant, draft Simmons or Ingram, and then shit on the league in 2017?

Sounds like a plan.

:arnold:
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:

The thing is... I think smart teams know neither is a #1 guy. As a #2 or even #3... both are very good.

[Note: Not saying Utah isn't smart. They're searching for that #1, they probably realize more than anybody that it's not Hayward.]
I honestly think Utah will try and unload Hayward this off season.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

I believe I asked you about Favors for the Wolves pick... but never saw your response.

Interested?
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

I believe I asked you about Favors for the Wolves pick... but never saw your response.

Interested?

No. I think Favors is a no go for Utah. I think building around Favors, Gobert, and Hood is the key moving forward at this point.

Favors and Towns would be a fun duo to watch though.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:

Interested?

No. I think Favors is a no go for Utah. I think building around Favors, Gobert, and Hood is the key moving forward at this point.

top 3 pick?
Ingram?
Simmons?
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

Clarkson finna rack up 6th man of the year awards like Pac Man racks up ghosts.
LookAway
All-Time Great

Post by LookAway »

lettherebehouse wrote:Clarkson finna rack up 6th man of the year awards like Pac Man racks up ghosts.
Not when we still have Lou Williams
Buckets
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Buckets »

Is Demar Derozan worth $25 million per year?
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

Interested?

top 3 pick?
Ingram?
Simmons?
Utah's plus side is their defense. Favors is a big part of that. We would be starting Lyles instead which would be a huge hit to the defense. I'm still not for it. Especially when it seems the 2 guys you mentioned could be huge busts.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Buckets wrote:Is Demar Derozan worth $25 million per year?
Oh God I hope so.

Go Lakers!

~George Carlin~
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:

top 3 pick?
Ingram?
Simmons?
Utah's plus side is their defense. Favors is a big part of that. We would be starting Lyles instead which would be a huge hit to the defense. I'm still not for it. Especially when it seems the 2 guys you mentioned could be huge busts.
True. But the Jazz lost a playoff spot largely because of a lack of top end offensive talent. You can make the case for both being busts... but as #1 or #2 picks... and a lot of hype... obviously there's some legit potential there too.

Plus, it solves Utah's impending money problem. Instead of letting Hayward or Favors in a couple years, leave for nothing via FA... the Jazz get real value back at dirt-cheap prices.

Just for the fear of Favors leaving soon... I'd be hesitant as a Wolves decision-maker to pull the trigger. They have to get more than 2 years of Favors to make it a good long term trade.
Buckets
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Buckets »

Robceltsfan wrote:
Oh God I hope so.

Go Lakers!
Haha. They have to be careful. If they spend $25 on him then try to target Westbook next year that will put them at $50-$55 mill already with room for only 1 more max guy.
chiefdodgerslakers24
All-Star

Post by chiefdodgerslakers24 »

Buckets wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:
Oh God I hope so.

Go Lakers!
Haha. They have to be careful. If they spend $25 on him then try to target Westbook next year that will put them at $50-$55 mill already with room for only 1 more max guy.
Can always flip DeRozan a year later