Do NBA fans even watch the games?

Talk about anything here.
Buckets
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Do NBA fans even watch the games?

Post by Buckets »

LaMarcus Aldridge was not voted as an all-star starter despite being probably 3rd in the MVP race behind Durant and LBJ.

How the hell do people not notice the best player on one of the top teams in the Western Conference?

Oh ya thats right, ESPN rarely hypes the guy because there are other hotter names out there. Seriously do fans only watch Sportscenter?
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Re: Do NBA fans even watch the games?

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

He'll get in by the coaches, which IMO is a better honor than the popularity voting contest anyway. Hand-picked by the coaches shows you're respected around the league.
Buckets

Post by Buckets »

Havlicekstealsit wrote:He'll get in by the coaches, which IMO is a better honor than the popularity voting contest anyway. Hand-picked by the coaches shows you're respected around the league.
I know he'll get picked by the coaches but this isn't your normal "oh he got snubbed" type of deal. Aldridge is seriously going off this year and fans don't even notice. Instead they notice the name Kevin Love and its just a shame and embarrassment as an NBA fan.
Last edited by Buckets on Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
town bidness
All-Star

Post by town bidness »

Havlicekstealsit wrote:He'll get in by the coaches, which IMO is a better honor than the popularity voting contest anyway. Hand-picked by the coaches shows you're respected around the league.
yup, a far greater honor.
town bidness
All-Star

Post by town bidness »

it is a shame of sorts.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

BTW where's Clevetown to chime in with Love still being disrespected cuz he's white?
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

Judging by the statements made by fans on internet message boards, YouTube, Twitter, etc.. NBA fans are extremely stupid.

Welcome to the social media/24-hour news cycle era.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

Buckets wrote:
I know he'll get picked by the coaches but this isn't your normal "oh he got snubbed" type of deal. Aldridge is seriously going off this year and fans don't even notice. Instead they notice the name Kevin Love and its just a shame and embarrassment as an NBA fan.
Aldridge is playing fantastic, but Love is playing better and is more valuable

your embarrassment is unwarranted
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

Davis should be the starter
Buckets

Post by Buckets »

Shill Jackson wrote:
Buckets wrote:

More valuable to what? An unmotivated 20-21 team.

And please define better. Love averages 25 and 13 while shooting 46% on an underacheiving team. Aldridge puts up 24.7 and 11.6 while shooting 48%. on a team that is contending for the best record in the league.

You must be one of these fans who don't watch games in which i refer to.

Edit: To further add, Aldridge is currently #5 in usage rate while Love is #13. More valuable you say?
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

Buckets wrote:
Shill Jackson wrote:
Buckets wrote: I know he'll get picked by the coaches but this isn't your normal "oh he got snubbed" type of deal. Aldridge is seriously going off this year and fans don't even notice. Instead they notice the name Kevin Love and its just a shame and embarrassment as an NBA fan.

And please define better. Love averages 25 and 13 while shooting 46% on an underacheiving team. Aldridge puts up 24.7 and 11.6 while shooting 48%. on a team that is contending for the best record in the league.

Love has better numbers in virtually every category. You bring up percentage, while ignoring that Aldridge takes zero 3-point shots.
The second best player on the Wolves is who? Rubio? Pekovic?
Put Love with Lillard and he'd be mighty happy with the defensive relief it would provide.

You must be one of these fans who only watches games in which his team is playing...

Edit: good god, now you're touting Hollinger stats?
If you're going to do that, list them all. Love is better in virtually every one.
http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics
Last edited by Shill Jackson on Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

Aldridge not being voted in is a joke but don't bash Love people. Who else is putting up 25 & 13 this year?
Buckets

Post by Buckets »

Shill Jackson wrote:
Buckets wrote:
Shill Jackson wrote: Aldridge is playing fantastic, but Love is playing better and is more valuable

Love has better numbers in virtually every category. You bring up percentage, while ignoring that Aldridge takes zero 3-point shots.
Put Love with Lillard and he'd be mighty happy with the defensive relief it would provide.

You must be one of these fans who only watches games in which his team is playing...

If you're going to do that, list them all. Love is better in virtually every one.
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinge ... /usageRate

The Trail Blazers are 20-2 this season when LaMarcus Aldridge leads the team in scoring. LaMarcus Aldridge is the third NBA player to record his 1,000th point this year, joining Kevin Durant and LeBron James.

I don't need a PF to shot 3's. And yes I put more value on comparable stats to which that player's team is winning at a substantially higher clip than the other players. And the usage stat is from basketball reference...http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... by=usg_pct" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

Buckets wrote:
Shill Jackson wrote:
Buckets wrote:

The Trail Blazers are 20-2 this season when LaMarcus Aldridge leads the team in scoring. LaMarcus Aldridge is the third NBA player to record his 1,000th point this year, joining Kevin Durant and LeBron James.

I don't need a PF to shot 3's. And yes I put more value on comparable stats to which that player's team is winning at a substantially higher clip than the other players. And the usage stat is from basketball reference...http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... by=usg_pct" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
here, I'll do it for you:
PLAYER Kevin Love
TS%--.586
AST--14.7
TO----8.1
USG--26.8
ORR--9.5
DRR--30.4
REBR-19.5
PER-27.20
VA--336.9
EWA--11.2

PLAYER LaMarcus Aldridge
TS%--.522
AST--10.3
TO-----6.1
USG--28.1
ORR---7.4
DRR--26.6
REBR-17.0
PER-23.96
VA--295.4
EWA--9.8

funny how you value the only stat where Aldridge beats Love.....

:wait, I get it. You're one of those Duck fans who got all butt-hurt when Love signed with UCLA. ROFL!:
--Henry Rollins

Buckets

Post by Buckets »

Shill Jackson wrote:
Buckets wrote:
Shill Jackson wrote: Love has better numbers in virtually every category. You bring up percentage, while ignoring that Aldridge takes zero 3-point shots.

here, I'll do it for you:
PLAYER Kevin Love
TS%--.586
AST--14.7
TO----8.1
USG--26.8
ORR--9.5
DRR--30.4
REBR-19.5
PER-27.20
VA--336.9
EWA--11.2

PLAYER LaMarcus Aldridge
TS%--.522
AST--10.3
TO-----6.1
USG--28.1
ORR---7.4
DRR--26.6
REBR-17.0
PER-23.96
VA--295.4
EWA--9.8

funny how you value the only stat where Aldridge beats Love.....

:wait, I get it. You're one of those Duck fans who got all butt-hurt when Love signed with UCLA. ROFL!:

Again I wasn't using Hollinger's stats...http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... by=usg_pct" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And you think I give a shit about the Blazers? No, I'm from the Midwest. But I can appreciate when a team's best player is having a phenominal season and that team heavily relies on that player to win and does so at a high clip. You don't see me hyping Cousins do you despite his high usage rate? Fuck no. Give me Aldridge over Love based on this seasons performance.
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

Damn. Buckets is going HAM in this thread
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

Titan18 wrote:Damn. Buckets is going HAM in this thread
No way, shill is picking him to pieces
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

1) Meh. This is nothing compared to previous seasons when guys like Iverson were voted in. It's interesting that the OP would get so bent out of shape over this one when it's not even close to one of the more dubious voting results in recent years. Love or Griffin can be argued over Aldridge. All 3 are good. To say there isn't a case for any of the 3 would be disingenuous. Each in his own way is deserving.
2) Who fucking cares? The NBA ASG is meaningless.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:1) Meh. This is nothing compared to previous seasons when guys like Iverson were voted in. It's interesting that the OP would get so bent out of shape over this one when it's not even close to one of the more dubious voting results in recent years. Love or Griffin can be argued over Aldridge. All 3 are good. To say there isn't a case for any of the 3 would be disingenuous. Each in his own way is deserving.
2) Who fucking cares? The NBA ASG is meaningless.
Agreed. They are all deserving.

(Who says Abe is full of shit?)
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

jjgator wrote:Didn't Yao get voted in when he hadn't played in like 2 years?
Something like that. Kobe doesn't deserve to be voted in this year either. If people want to bitch they should bitch about him not Love.