My top 5 teams in the league.

Talk about anything here.
vegasfraud
All-Time Great

Re: My top 5 teams in the league.

Post by vegasfraud »

rtiff68 wrote:Something that few people have mentioned about these Warriors: how young their best players are.

4/5 of their starting line-up-- including their 3 best players-- are young enough that they could conceivably still be improving. You can't say that about Cleveland, San Antonio, or LAC. You could say that about OKC, but their best player is coming off of a pretty significant injury.

The Warriors were historically good statistically last season, and they were lucky in the sense that they were able to stay healthy. They likelywon't be as fortunate avoiding injuries this coming season, but some of that could be mitigated by the aforementioned fact that some of their best players might be even better than they were last season.

Predicting them to finish 5th in the conference screams of sour grapes.
Cool story and all but no one predicted them to finish 5th in the WC.
QueenCuckCarl has no clue how many men his whore wife has fucked...ask him.
876Stephen
Fantasy Football Champ

Post by 876Stephen »

rtiff68 wrote:Something that few people have mentioned about these Warriors: how young their best players are.

4/5 of their starting line-up-- including their 3 best players-- are young enough that they could conceivably still be improving. You can't say that about Cleveland, San Antonio, or LAC. You could say that about OKC, but their best player is coming off of a pretty significant injury.

The Warriors were historically good statistically last season, and they were lucky in the sense that they were able to stay healthy. They likelywon't be as fortunate avoiding injuries this coming season, but some of that could be mitigated by the aforementioned fact that some of their best players might be even better than they were last season.

Plus, the warriors avoiding major injuries last year wasn't just luck like everyone says. When no one on your roster averages more than 33 minutes and your starters are able to sit out lot's of 4th quarters, that significantly helps to reduce injury risk and save your self for playoffs, when your main guys need to play heavy minutes into the 4th quarter. They followed the spurs model which works very well for them.

Expect more of the same this year.
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

vegasfraud wrote:

When you said "The mighty Warriors are currently a 5th seed in the Western Conference," I was assuming that was what you meant. Since that was apparently not what you intended, can you please explain what you meant bythat statement?
vegasfraud
All-Time Great

Post by vegasfraud »

rtiff68 wrote:
vegasfraud wrote:

When you said "The mighty Warriors are currently a 5th seed in the Western Conference," I was assuming that was what you meant. Since that was apparently not what you intended, can you please explain what you meant bythat statement?
Sigh. I predicted at some point during the season Paul Pierce will hit a gw vs GS. And for my bonus prediction I said GS will CURRENTLY be a 5th seed at that time. Not finish the season as a 5th seed.
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

vegasfraud wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
vegasfraud wrote: Cool story and all but no one predicted them to finish 5th in the WC.
Sigh. I predicted at some point during the season Paul Pierce will hit a gw vs GS. And for my bonus prediction I said GS will CURRENTLY be a 5th seed at that time. Not finish the season as a 5th seed.
Got it.

I guess I didn't assume that that was what you meant because that seems like a pretty pointless prediction. Your prediction could very well come true, and the Clippers could still finish 1-3 against the Warriors and behind them in the standings.

If that all happens, who the fuck cares if you happen to be right? If you're not predicting that GSW actually finishes as the 5th seed, what's the purposeof predicting that "they will be the 5th seed at some point."

I predict the Cavs will lose their first game and tied for last place in the weak EC! LMAO!
vegasfraud
All-Time Great

Post by vegasfraud »

rtiff68 wrote:
vegasfraud wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
Got it.

I guess I didn't assume that that was what you meant because that seems like a pretty pointless prediction. Your prediction could very well come true, and the Clippers could still finish 1-3 against the Warriors and behind them in the standings.

If that all happens, who the fuck cares if you happen to be right? If you're not predicting that GSW actually finishes as the 5th seed, what's the purposeof predicting that "they will be the 5th seed at some point."

I predict the Cavs will lose their first game and tied for last place in the weak EC! LMAO!
You seem upset that your lacking basic reading comprehension skills. I don't understand why you're mad at me about it though...blame your parents/teachers.
vegasfraud
All-Time Great

Post by vegasfraud »

Btw, no one else has posted their top 5 teams. I take it everyone pretty much just agrees with mine..?
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

vegasfraud wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
vegasfraud wrote: Sigh. I predicted at some point during the season Paul Pierce will hit a gw vs GS. And for my bonus prediction I said GS will CURRENTLY be a 5th seed at that time. Not finish the season as a 5th seed.
Got it.

You seem upset that your lacking basic reading comprehension skills. I don't understand why you're mad at me about it though...blame your parents/teachers.
I'm not upset at all bud, just still wondering what the purpose of your prediction is. In a thread where we're debating whether GSW is better than LAC, whether or not GS is the 5th seed "at some point" and Paul Pierce helps LAC beat GS a single time are completely meaningless.

Also, as a poster who frequently struggles with grammar and punctuation, I find it highly ironic that you're criticizing someone else's education, or lack thereof.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

1. SA
2. GSW
3. CLE
4. LAC
5. OKC
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
vegasfraud
All-Time Great

Post by vegasfraud »

rtiff68 wrote:
vegasfraud wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
Got it.

I only made the Puerce prediction because he called LAC chokers and it would be quite funny. Nothing too serious going on here. Relax. And maybe go read a book?
I'm not upset at all bud, just still wondering what the purpose of your prediction is. In a thread where we're debating whether GSW is better than LAC, whether or not GS is the 5th seed "at some point" and Paul Pierce helps LAC beat GS a single time are completely meaningless.

Also, as a poster who frequently struggles with grammar and punctuation, I find it highly ironic that you're criticizing someone else's education, or lack thereof.
vegasfraud
All-Time Great

Post by vegasfraud »

vegasfraud wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
vegasfraud wrote: You seem upset that your lacking basic reading comprehension skills. I don't understand why you're mad at me about it though...blame your parents/teachers.

Lol. Idk where my post went. And I don't feel like typing it again. Might be lost in the quote.
Macrotus
Hall of Famer

Post by Macrotus »

LOL...the ONLY reason the Cavs is #1 because the other 4 are all in the west.
vegasfraud
All-Time Great

Post by vegasfraud »

I found it!

I only made the Pierce prediction because he called LAC chokers and it would be quite funny. Nothing too serious going on here. Relax. And maybe go read a book?
vegasfraud
All-Time Great

Post by vegasfraud »

Macrotus wrote:LOL...the ONLY reason the Cavs is #1 because the other 4 are all in the west.
Oh, ok. Bye!
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

vegasfraud wrote:I found it!

I only made the Pierce prediction because he called LAC chokers and it would be quite funny. Nothing too serious going on here. Relax. And maybe go read a book?
I actually think the Clippers could be a legit threat next year. Pierce was exactly what they lacked last year-- I don't think they blow that lead/series to HOU if Pierce is on that roster. If Stephenson and Smith play within themselves and keep their "inner knucklehead" under wraps, the Clips are going to be a tough out.

I'd love to see a GSW/LAC playoff series-- it's a cool blossoming rivalry.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

vegasfraud wrote:Btw, no one else has posted their top 5 teams. I take it everyone pretty much just agrees with mine..?
1. Bulls
2-5? Don't care
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

1) GSW: I think they've earned this spot. They were the best team in the league last year, their core is young, they're returning almost the exact same team, and they have the reigning MVP. They have the fewest questions of all the contenders, in my opinion.

2) CLE: They have the best player in the world still at or close to the peak of his powers, they're deep, and they already had a year to work out chemistry issues. Questions: how good is Blatt, and how much control/respect does he have from the players? Several key players on their team have been historically injury prone, can they stay healthy?

3) LAC: Depth on the wings and their bench as a whole were huge issues last year, and they added Pierce, Stephenson, and Smith. Questions: there are tons of "unique" personalities and players with questionable maturity here-- does the locker room come together or is it a disaster?

4) SA: They're the Duncan/Pop Spurs who never go away, and they added an All Star big in Aldridge and a very solid player in David West: Questions: how seamlessly does Aldridge work into the fold? If Tony Parker doesn't bounce back in a significant way, do they have the guard play to beat the elite teams of the league?

5) OKC: It's OKC-- they have two of the league's 10 best players. Questions: 1) Health 2) Health 3) HEALTH
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

1. SA
2. GSW
3. CLE
4. OKC
5. LAC