Demarcus Ware to the Broncos

Talk about anything here.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Demarcus Ware to the Broncos

Post by PhutureDynasty »

3 Years / 30 million according to Adam Schefter.
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Re: Demarcus Ware to the Broncos

Post by wailuaFC »

damn they have some serious pass rushers
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

They just beefed up there already tough D.

Denver was taking notes from Seattle lol.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Holy shit, the Broncos are stacking up in the free agent market. Definite faves to come out of the AFC again.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

so instead of losing 43-8 they will lost 35-8 in the next super bowl. :P
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

wailuaFC wrote:damn they have some serious pass rushers
Yea man. I feel bad for the other QBs in the AFC West.
Max
Coach

Post by Max »

Awesome.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Max wrote:Awesome.
Correct me if I am wrong but I believe you are a Chargers fan?
Ghostown42
All-Time Great

Post by Ghostown42 »

Did someone else also mention they got Talib?
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Ghostown42 wrote:Did someone else also mention they got Talib?
Yea him and TJ Ward.

They have had the best offseason so far.
Max
Coach

Post by Max »

PhutureDynasty wrote:
Max wrote:Awesome.
Correct me if I am wrong but I believe you are a Chargers fan?
You are correct.
dunkan5rings
Hall of Famer

Post by dunkan5rings »

Ware he at ?
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

PhutureDynasty wrote:
Yea him and TJ Ward.

Ridiculous talent. I'm just hoping with as talented as they are individually, that they have issues putting some chemistry together. Ware had a dropoff season, and is going to be 32 next season. Talib is one of the more physical corners in the league, but hasn't played more than 13 games in any of his seasons. Tons of vets, tons of talent, but is there such thing as too much talent to be collectively good? I'll hold out on that slim chance.

All of these players, their former teams weren't willing to pay them what Denver is paying them (although Ward came at sort of a bargain), maybe for a reason. Is John Elway in a panic after the lopsided humiliating Super Bowl defeat? Remember when Philly assembled their version of a "dream team" in one off season?

I'm just sayin
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

lettherebehouse wrote:
PhutureDynasty wrote:
Yea him and TJ Ward.

Ridiculous talent. I'm just hoping with as talented as they are individually, that they have issues putting some chemistry together. Ware had a dropoff season, and is going to be 32 next season. Talib is one of the more physical corners in the league, but hasn't played more than 13 games in any of his seasons. Tons of vets, tons of talent, but is there such thing as too much talent to be collectively good? I'll hold out on that slim chance.

All of these players, their former teams weren't willing to pay them what Denver is paying them (although Ward came at sort of a bargain), maybe for a reason. Is John Elway in a panic after the lopsided humiliating Super Bowl defeat? Remember when Philly assembled their version of a "dream team" in one off season?

I'm just sayin

If they have the money...

Are they losing anybody of significance to sign these guys (sans Decker)?
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

lettherebehouse wrote:
PhutureDynasty wrote:
Yea him and TJ Ward.

I'm just sayin
No doubt there will be questions about chemistry. We won't truly know until the season begins whether it was worth the acquisitions.
Unlike basketball though, I believe it is easier to mesh talent together in football without causing as many issues. I guess we will see.

Had to add the bit about the "Dream Team" in Philly? Vince Young had to say "Dream Team" didn't he? Don't even think that guy is in the league anymore.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:
PhutureDynasty wrote: Yea him and TJ Ward.

I'm just sayin

No they're not. They were terrible in pass defense last year, I get why they feel the need to dramatically upgrade. I just want to be the first one to point out before everyone starts crowning their asses that all these big names thrown into the kitchen sink doesn't always automatically equate to greatness in a collective sense..
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

lettherebehouse wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:

I'm just sayin

No they're not. They were terrible in pass defense last year, I get why they feel the need to dramatically upgrade. I just want to be the first one to point out before everyone starts crowning their asses that all these big names thrown into the kitchen sink doesn't always automatically equate to greatness in a collective sense..

True. But picking up Chris Cook and his ilk wouldn't be a smarter move either. If they have the money to play with... and they want to win now... these seem like pretty solid pickups.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

PhutureDynasty wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:
PhutureDynasty wrote: Yea him and TJ Ward.

I'm just sayin
No doubt there will be questions about chemistry. We won't truly know until the season begins whether it was worth the acquisitions.
Unlike basketball though, I believe it is easier to mesh talent together in football without causing as many issues. I guess we will see.

Had to add the bit about the "Dream Team" in Philly? Vince Young had to say "Dream Team" didn't he? Don't even think that guy is in the league anymore.
Yeah I did haha. My bad, I should have referenced my own team's one time version of a "dream team" when I think the Skins went out and got Deion Sanders, Bruce Smith, Mark Carrier, Marco Coleman, all in the same year after drafting Lavar Arrington. The Skins wound up playing .500 that season and missing the postseason despite winning the NFC East the year prior without any of those aforementioned big name players.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

I'm surprised they had the cap room to do what they've done this off season. I'm not a Broncos fan at all, but they look to have fixed a few problems.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

lettherebehouse wrote:
PhutureDynasty wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:

I'm just sayin

Yeah I did haha. My bad, I should have referenced my own team's one time version of a "dream team" when I think the Skins went out and got Deion Sanders, Bruce Smith, Mark Carrier, Marco Coleman, all in the same year after drafting Lavar Arrington. The Skins wound up playing .500 that season and missing the postseason despite winning the NFC East the year prior without any of those aforementioned big name players.
Hahaha I wasn't offended, I try to laugh at my favorite teams failures. Simply because if I don't it will turn into anger lol.

I would imagine that that Redskins team seemed promising too. Sucks when they don't pan out. I'd prefer to have a bad team play bad than a talented team perform below expectations. It hurts knowing you probably had the pieces to win a championship only to find they didn't work well together.