The Best Poster Competition RESULTS (THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION)

Talk about anything here.
americaninfidel
All-Time Great

Re: The Best Poster Competition SEMI-FINALS (VOTING IS NOW OPEN)

Post by americaninfidel »

Man, there are two contests where I can't bring myself to vote. How can I choose between wailua and rtiff? Or house and carl?

I might just abstain from those.
Fear is the mind killer. We are not afraid.
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

I'm gonna get crushed by Bush but I would like...

"Best Poster Semi-Finalist" listed under my screen name. Mods!! Please make it happen.
dwcmwa
All-Time Great

Post by dwcmwa »

TIGHT races going on here, as I said before every vote is especially going to be crucial to decide a winner in these matchups.

So Everybody needs to get out to vote in ALL 4 polls.

wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

americaninfidel wrote:Man, there are two contests where I can't bring myself to vote. How can I choose between wailua and rtiff? Or house and carl?

I might just abstain from those.
Rtiff Should wins this one, one of the top basketball minds on the board who always backs up his posts with tons of data, plus he actually worked for the Warriors and always has a cool story to tell about them.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

If there are 8 people left... wouldn't this be the quarterfinals since there are still two rounds to go?

Or will it be a free-for-all Final Four final?
Bush4Ever
Board Alpha Male

Post by Bush4Ever »

I have a feeling Abe and I are going to eventually meet in this thing...it almost feels like destiny or whatever.

:o

:noidea:
Taking a break from the board. Please reference my last post for more details if you are interested.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Bush4Ever wrote:I have a feeling Abe and I are going to eventually meet in this thing...it almost feels like destiny or whatever.

:o

:noidea:

Way to just take both of us out of the competition with a one sentence post...
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

After the nonsense Abe and Bush displayed in here I am finding it hard not to vote against them.
Bush4Ever
Board Alpha Male

Post by Bush4Ever »

PhutureDynasty wrote:After the nonsense Abe and Bush displayed in here I am finding it hard not to vote against them.
:sadbron:
Taking a break from the board. Please reference my last post for more details if you are interested.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Bush4Ever wrote:
PhutureDynasty wrote:After the nonsense Abe and Bush displayed in here I am finding it hard not to vote against them.
:sadbron:
Just kidding fam. Much love bruh.

:nashpoint:
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

Kingcarl24 wrote:House!?!? I'm up against House? Well it was fun while it lasted. Good luck everyone else.

It's not a big deal. Again like I said, I don't deserve to win this time around. My game has slipped much from what I was in my prime. But like Kobe in his twilight, it's still good enough to be considered in the upper 2% crust overlooking the mass of mediocrity that still sits beneath me, just nowhere near the absolute best to whom this award should go to. I've voted against me in every round, and will not accept this award if defaulted to me again.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

lettherebehouse wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:House!?!? I'm up against House? Well it was fun while it lasted. Good luck everyone else.

It's not a big deal. Again like I said, I don't deserve to win this time around. My game has slipped much from what I was in my prime. But like Kobe in his twilight, it's still good enough to be considered in the upper 2% crust overlooking the mass of mediocrity that still sits beneath me, just nowhere near the absolute best to whom this award should go to. I've voted against me in every round, and will not accept this award if defaulted to me again.

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainmen ... ag/394136/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

[Note: Damn you, House. Now when Karl wins this thing... it's soiled because you didn't want it. Basically, he's going to be the 1994 or 1995 Houston Rockets. Or, you win anyway and make us look like such chumps that we couldn't even beat a guy playing at half-speed... basically making us the 1969 Lakers. Damn you.]
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

House with the perfect crime here. It's a win-win for House now, brilliant.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainmen ... ag/394136/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

[Note: Damn you, House. Now when Karl wins this thing... it's soiled because you didn't want it. Basically, he's going to be the 1994 or 1995 Houston Rockets. Or, you win anyway and make us look like such chumps that we couldn't even beat a guy playing at half-speed... basically making us the 1969 Lakers. Damn you.]

Unlike what's implied in the link, I'm actually being 100% genuine here. I have far too much respect for the other posters still in the game to accept an award over them. It was like when Macklemore won the MTV rap album of the year, but felt so undeserving of it that he basically renounced it in favor of Kendrick Lamar, the true deserving artist. It's a shameful walk up to that podium knowing you've frauded the public, and it's a walk I hopefully won't be making.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

gaskill15 wrote:House with the perfect crime here. It's a win-win for House now, brilliant.

:timmy:
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

I voted for Carl before House even started these shenanigans.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

I also voted for Carl. Although, I don't believe House lost a step, but my man Carl put in work this year. It's more a compliment to the board that we stepped up than a knock on house.

Also, the reason I am saying this has nothing to do with the fact that Carl tossed me a few bones over PayPal.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

PhutureDynasty wrote:I also voted for Carl. Although, I don't believe House lost a step, but my man Carl put in work this year. It's more a compliment to the board that we stepped up than a knock on house.

Also, the reason I am saying this has nothing to do with the fact that Carl tossed me a few bones over PayPal.
Fuck....I didn't even get paid. I'm the sucker in this equation...
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
americaninfidel
All-Time Great

Post by americaninfidel »

I voted for Carl, not only because he's a great guy or because house is trying to throw the election, but because Carl beat me and it would bolster my ego to be able to say I lost to the eventual champ.
Fear is the mind killer. We are not afraid.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

I only voted in 1 poll. The rest of my votes are for sale.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.