A thread for Clevetown and his sidekick. Please explain this article...

Talk about anything here.
americaninfidel
All-Time Great

Re: A thread for Clevetown and his sidekick. Please explain this article...

Post by americaninfidel »

Madnessssss wrote:
americaninfidel wrote:
Madnessssss wrote: Does the bible say that a person who has never heard the gospel can be saved? I don't think so. I'd like to see a quote.
Those who have never heard the Gospel are reliant on God's grace and mercy for salvation, as are we. The difference is that we've been presented the opportunity to accept it, or to reject it.
Sounds like something made up in modern times to align Christianity with modern morals and ethics. Sounds like what you want the rules to be. But I don't think that's what the bible teaches. My understanding is that you do not go to heaven if you are not saved, period.
Not at all. What I'm saying is that I don't know, but that I continue to rely on the mercy, grace, and righteousness of God.
Fear is the mind killer. We are not afraid.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

"These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, ‘Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. And as ye go, preach, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand. Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give."

Jesus is only for the Jews
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
americaninfidel
All-Time Great

Post by americaninfidel »

Shill Jackson wrote:"These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, ‘Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. And as ye go, preach, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand. Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give."

Jesus is only for the Jews
Incorrect. The Law was for the Jews, and they were the vehicle for the salvation of the entire world.

And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.
Fear is the mind killer. We are not afraid.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

CleveTown™ wrote:
Madnessssss wrote:
AtiliusRegulus wrote:im not spinning anything. You want to accuse God of being cruel and I showed you that you are the very thing you are accusing God.
I would never throw a kid in eternal fire because he didnt worship me. That's the ultimate narcissism and vanity. Why does he so badly need to be worshipped?
You aren't God. You have no reason to be worshiped. God does because of WHO He is. He doesn't have to play by your rules and doesn't play by them. All of His decrees are Holy and Righteous.
Sounds shitty like a shitty deal for anyone who happens to fall for that shit show
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

AtiliusRegulus wrote:Origen brought in the heresy of universalism which says that all will be saved. All the historic Christian creeds and orthodox interpretation of scripture prove universalism to be false. The harsh reality is that there will be people in hell forever while there will be people in heaven forever. This is the orthodox position. The determinant of who will be in heaven vs who will be in hell is their faith in Christ. The people of the Old Testament look forward to Christ through the sacrificial system which prefigured Him, whereas the people in the New Testament look back at the cross for His substitutionary atonement.

As for those who are in hell whether they be Hindus, Muslims, atheists etc, they are there because they are sinners.
And so you admit to being Clevetowns sidekick
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"