Who are your 5 all time favorite players from the College Football program you support?

Talk about anything here.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Re: Who are your 5 all time favorite players from the College Football program you support?

Post by Kingcarl24 »

Johnnyblazzed wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:
Johnnyblazzed wrote:

I love that he wore his BYU shirt for his mug shot. The guy always spoke his mind and that's what I loved about him.

[youtube]uvLdPk-H94Y[/youtube]

My little brother lived in AZ for awhile and actually hung out with Max Hall's little sister a lot. I remember talking with him about Max Hall and he had said his sister told him about his drinking and drug issues way before he was ever arrested. Kind of sad but he brought it on himself.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Re: Who are your 5 all time favorite players from the College Football program you support?

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

876Stephen wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:
876Stephen wrote:
And then Case Keenum came along and destroyed those records.

Who to no coincidence, shattered the records of the guys who shattered the records of another former Houston Cougar QB David Klingler.
Who shattered Andre Wards records didn't he?
Andre Ware. Those '80s Cougars were nuts. Think they racked up 95 points once and over 70 a few more times. Ware only had one great season though.
Repeat3peat
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Repeat3peat »

876Stephen wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:
876Stephen wrote:
And then Case Keenum came along and destroyed those records.

Who to no coincidence, shattered the records of the guys who shattered the records of another former Houston Cougar QB David Klingler.
Who shattered Andre Wards records didn't he?

Andre Ware....who destroyed thr professional career by extension......of a guy that would be in my "top 5"....Chuck Long.

Fuckin run-n-shoot

:sadbron:
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

Tim Dwight
Tavian Banks
Brad Banks
Abdul Hodge
Chad Greenway

I could name like 50 if I wanted to. I love them all.
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

Oh along with Warren Holloway and Drew Tate for any LSU fans here. :)

[youtube]h0OnvDbyGuQ[/youtube]
876Stephen
Fantasy Football Champ

Post by 876Stephen »

The only player to ever play for cal, that I genuinely don't like, maybe even hate is Kevin Riley.
TheSaboteur
Hall of Famer

Post by TheSaboteur »

876Stephen wrote:In no order

Desean Jackson
Aaron Rodgers
Chuck Muncie
Jared Goff
Marshawn Lynch
I'd remove Muncie since I'm not that old and add JJ Arrington.
Image Vaccines Image

Cannot redeclare utf8_encode
876Stephen
Fantasy Football Champ

Post by 876Stephen »

TheSaboteur wrote:
876Stephen wrote:In no order

Desean Jackson
Aaron Rodgers
Chuck Muncie
Jared Goff
Marshawn Lynch
I'd remove Muncie since I'm not that old and add JJ Arrington.
Neither was I, but he's arguably the most accomplished running back in bears history. He was a beast when he played. So he makes my list.

Jj was a beast. Cal had so many great backs in the tedford era. Arrington, lynch, best, Anderson, sofele etc.
876Stephen
Fantasy Football Champ

Post by 876Stephen »

Tbh, This thread is getting me depressed. Cal produces more nfl talent than almost any program in cfb yet we constantly underachieve.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

876Stephen wrote:Tbh, This thread is getting me depressed. Cal produces more nfl talent than almost any program in cfb yet we constantly underachieve.
Must mean one thing. Coaching must suck. With no more talent than the Gophers with Coach Kill, they are very competitive.
876Stephen
Fantasy Football Champ

Post by 876Stephen »

Da Stars. wrote:
876Stephen wrote:Tbh, This thread is getting me depressed. Cal produces more nfl talent than almost any program in cfb yet we constantly underachieve.
Must mean one thing. Coaching must suck. With no more talent than the Gophers with Coach Kill, they are very competitive.
Tedford did a good job of getting out of the doldrums, but he wasn't a very good coach. Halftime and in game adjustments were terrible. Horrible playcalling, hiring inept coordinators, consistently losing to inferior teams, terrible road record etc.

Great recruiter, terrible coach.
chiefdodgerslakers24
All-Star

Post by chiefdodgerslakers24 »

wailuaFC wrote:Jeff Ulbrich (favorite all time linebacker played for UH and the 9ers)
Timmy Chang
Devonne Bess
Jason Elam (we play soccer together for tournaments, known him for quite a few years)
Colt Brennan/Isaac sopoaga
I really, really can't stand that guy. Terrible defensive coordinator then bailed on UCLA the day after National Signing Day, costing UCLA a prized recruit to Georgia.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Not really a fan of one particular program. I guess... it would be the Gophers:

Ricky Foggie
Tyrone Carter
Marion Barber
Eric Decker
Maxx Williams (by default)
Buckets
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Buckets »

gaskill15 wrote:Tim Dwight
Tavian Banks
Brad Banks
Abdul Hodge
Chad Greenway

Surprised Matt Roth didn't make the list, he was one of my favorites. But as you stated, I love them all as well
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Tavian Banks
Brad Banks
Abdul Hodge
Chad Greenway

Gas, I used to play basketball with a former Iowa RB. Not a star, not even very good in college... but he played. The thing that was amazing is how great of an athlete the kid was. He was only about 5'9" but he was fast. And strong. He was a good track guy too, in the 100 yard dash, long jump and high jump.

Anyway... he had no idea how to play basketball. So it was so much fun teaching somebody that strong and athletic how to play (he was a good guy, who just wanted to help). We basically told him to run straight to the hoop on offense. If he didn't get the ball, cycle back out to the three point line and do it again. And again. He had such strong hands, he grab everything and scored 10+ points just on layups off our feeds despite not knowing what he was doing.

On defense, he played with his arms extended. And he was so quick and so strong, nobody could get by him... literally. He probably fouled every play doing that... but the opposing PGs would tire of it and just pass instead of trying to drive. (sucked in pickup when he guarded you though).

Conclusion: Major D1 athletes are infinitely more athletic than everybody here.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Tavian Banks
Brad Banks
Abdul Hodge
Chad Greenway

Gas, I used to play basketball with a former Iowa RB. Not a star, not even very good in college... but he played. The thing that was amazing is how great of an athlete the kid was. He was only about 5'9" but he was fast. And strong. He was a good track guy too, in the 100 yard dash, long jump and high jump.

Anyway... he had no idea how to play basketball. So it was so much fun teaching somebody that strong and athletic how to play (he was a good guy, who just wanted to help). We basically told him to run straight to the hoop on offense. If he didn't get the ball, cycle back out to the three point line and do it again. And again. He had such strong hands, he grab everything and scored 10+ points just on layups off our feeds despite not knowing what he was doing.

On defense, he played with his arms extended. And he was so quick and so strong, nobody could get by him... literally. He probably fouled every play doing that... but the opposing PGs would tire of it and just pass instead of trying to drive. (sucked in pickup when he guarded you though).

Conclusion: Major D1 athletes are infinitely more athletic than everybody here.
A bench player for BYU showed up at the church where I play ball on Tuesday nights. The guy hardly every saw the floor at BYU. He threw it down on everyone there. He was infinitely better than any of us that played. It's amazing just how much more athletic those guys are than us.

EDIT: I have played basketball against Harvey Unga who played for the Bears a few years ago. He was a running back. I put up a 30+ game against him. That was a fun night.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

Max. wrote:Fucking Carl types the same shit right before me.

Funny how similar the stories are...

In college, I was playing at college gym and a bunch of BYU players showed up to play. One of them was Terry Nashif who is now an assistant coach at BYU. I absolutely worked him and he got all kinds of frustrated. Later I talked with some BYU players and they would all talk about how annoying it was to play in pick up game because every time, they would get matched up against a guy that saw this as his tryout for the BYU squad. I was totally that guy.
Ghostown42
All-Time Great

Post by Ghostown42 »

Tennessee:

The first 3 are obvious:
Reggie White
Peyton Manning
Al Wilson

These 2 you probably don't know very well:
Shawn Bryson - best team player in Vols history. Averaged over 9 yards per carry as a fullback, but blocked just as well. Never complained about having to play behind Jamal Lewis and Travis Henry. True Vol For Life
Travis Stephens - most slippery RB in UT history; only 5'7'' and 180 lbs, but so difficult to tackle. Most determined runner I've ever seen at UT.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
Max. wrote:Fucking Carl types the same shit right before me.

Funny how similar the stories are...

In college, I was playing at college gym and a bunch of BYU players showed up to play. One of them was Terry Nashif who is now an assistant coach at BYU. I absolutely worked him and he got all kinds of frustrated. Later I talked with some BYU players and they would all talk about how annoying it was to play in pick up game because every time, they would get matched up against a guy that saw this as his tryout for the BYU squad. I was totally that guy.

I've written about it before... but last winter I played a lot of pickup basketball vs. former Minnesota and Marquette PGs.

It wasn't much fun... although I don't know if was better or worse that they played at half-speed vs. me but battled like hell vs. each other. (It only cemented the fact that they thought I was the chump of the bunch.)
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

Buckets wrote:
Tavian Banks
Brad Banks
Abdul Hodge
Chad Greenway

Surprised Matt Roth didn't make the list, he was one of my favorites. But as you stated, I love them all as well
Great choice. Honestly you could interchange him with Hodge pry. Too many great Iowa players to count.

P.S. Te Titans just cut Mike Meyer :(