I have a proposal

Talk about anything here.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

I have a proposal

Post by Sudanese Sensation »

Since L3bron is one of the boards most vocal LeBron James fans and The Dangerous Kitchen is one of the board's most famous LeBron James detractors they should have a debate where no other posters interfere, kind of like a verbal Thunderdome.

It will make good theatre.

fpiiliii is one of the most trusted members of this board. He can moderate and determine the winner as well as determine the award for the winner and the sanctions for the loser.

On edit -changed vociferous to vocal as vociferous is a loaded term.
Last edited by Sudanese Sensation on Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Re: I have a proposal

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Debate what (about Lebron), exactly... ?
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

thedangerouskitchen wrote:Debate what (about Lebron), exactly... ?
About LeBron with no interference. It's safe to say he's pretty high on him...
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

WiseGuy wrote:

What about Lebron though...?

How over-rated is he? Is he the most coddled / babied player ever? Why he had to take the easy way out to win? All of the above? Something else?
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
FPL
Hall of Famer

Post by FPL »

thedangerouskitchen wrote:
WiseGuy wrote:

How over-rated is he? Is he the most coddled / babied player ever? Why he had to take the easy way out to win? All of the above? Something else?
I hope you don't mind, but I added an avatar for you since you didn't have one up. You can change it or take it down if you want in your User Control Panel.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

WiseGuy wrote:

All of it...
Smelters
Hall of Famer

Post by Smelters »

fpliii wrote:
WiseGuy wrote: About LeBron with no interference. It's safe to say he's pretty high on him...

I hope you don't mind, but I added an avatar for you since you didn't have one up. You can change it or take it down if you want in your User Control Panel.
What avatar would you add for me? just wondering. I may use it.
FPL
Hall of Famer

Post by FPL »

Smelters wrote:
fpliii wrote:

First one that came to mind:

http://entertainmentrundown.com/wp-cont ... edding.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Smelters
Hall of Famer

Post by Smelters »

fpliii wrote:
Smelters wrote:
fpliii wrote: I hope you don't mind, but I added an avatar for you since you didn't have one up. You can change it or take it down if you want in your User Control Panel.

http://entertainmentrundown.com/wp-cont ... edding.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
aiight!!!

I'm really a Melo fan more than a Knick's fan so seeing JR and somewhat Stat in the pic just adds to the agony of this season. hahaha!!!
FPL
Hall of Famer

Post by FPL »

Smelters wrote:
fpliii wrote:
Smelters wrote: What avatar would you add for me? just wondering. I may use it.

aiight!!!

I'm really a Melo fan more than a Knick's fan so seeing JR and somewhat Stat in the pic just adds to the agony of this season. hahaha!!!
Ah, if that's the case, I'd go with this one:

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/imag ... JlLHZYiFqJ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Love that uniform.
Smelters
Hall of Famer

Post by Smelters »

fpliii wrote:
Smelters wrote:
fpliii wrote: First one that came to mind:

aiight!!!

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/imag ... JlLHZYiFqJ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Love that uniform.
Sweet!!!
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

fpliii wrote:
WiseGuy wrote: About LeBron with no interference. It's safe to say he's pretty high on him...

It's all good... TMFU isn't one of Frank's best works, but Zappa's worse stuff is still better than 90% of the crap out there today. 8-)

FPL
Hall of Famer

Post by FPL »

fpliii wrote:

It's all good... TMFU isn't one of Frank's best works, but the worst of Zappa is still better than 90% of the crap out there today. 8-)
lol I just chose it because the song from which your username originated came from there. But yeah, if you find a different one, go here:

http://www.angergeneral.com/forum/ucp.p ... ode=avatar" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

just paste the URL of the image in the "Upload from a URL" box.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

WiseGuy wrote:

All of it...

I'm game... but I doubt there's a way to keep others from posting.

thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

fpliii wrote:
fpliii wrote: I hope you don't mind, but I added an avatar for you since you didn't have one up. You can change it or take it down if you want in your User Control Panel.
It's all good... TMFU isn't one of Frank's best works, but the worst of Zappa is still better than 90% of the crap out there today. 8-)
lol I just chose it because the song from which your username originated came from there. But yeah, if you find a different one, go here:

http://www.angergeneral.com/forum/ucp.p ... ode=avatar" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

just paste the URL of the image in the "Upload from a URL" box.

Cool... thanks

FPL
Hall of Famer

Post by FPL »

Smelters wrote:
fpliii wrote:
Smelters wrote: aiight!!!

Love that uniform.
Sweet!!!
Just put it up for you. You can always change it back or to something else (use the link I gave TDK above, or navigate in your User Control Panel).

Anyhow, I'm getting tired gentlemen, have a good one. ;)
l3bron
Reigning WIS Champion

Post by l3bron »

Sounds like fun.

I have class tomorrow all day, plus I'll be busy considering it'll be a Friday night so I won't be able to respond quickly. Someone update me when the final details get ironed out.
Come at the King, you best not miss.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

l3bron wrote:Sounds like fun.

I have class tomorrow all day, plus I'll be busy considering it'll be a Friday night so I won't be able to respond quickly. Someone update me when the final details get ironed out.

I will, bro. Are you at FSU?
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

The details. fpiliii can help me flesh them out ; he's a bright guy.

My outline:

-fpliii will be the proverbial "judge, jury, and executioner." His knowledge of the game, his calm demeanor, and Solomonic like temperament make him an excellent choice.

The debate will be broken down into three topics and there will be time limits. That avoids the problem of repetitive posting and doesn't award someone just because he or she has more time to waste and equates winning an argument with having the last word. As an editorial note I'm not a huge Bill O'Riley fan but I respect him and the way he ends an argument is the appropriate one. He lets his interlocutor have the last word and leaves it up to his viewers to conclude whose argument carried the day.

The topics are:

-Does LeBron James have an inordinate amount of help compared to the superstars of yore?

- Was LeBron justified in leaving Cleveland?

- Is LeBron James the best player in the NBA today?

The winner gets the avatar of his choice and the loser gets a "kid in a dunce cap" as his avatar for one hundred and eighty days.

We already have verbal agreements from the two combatants.
CleveTown™
Three-Time Fantasy Champion King

Post by CleveTown™ »

this should be interesting...
October 16th, 2020. Thank you Pastor John (P)
January 7th. (D)