82%
Both are equal
No votes

Total votes: 11

Bush4Ever
Board Alpha Male

Re: Boxing or MMA?

Post by Bush4Ever »

lettherebehouse wrote:I would say MMA because I have osmosized myself into the ADHD culture of today, but the only part of MMA I truly enjoy is when they stand up and throw. I guess naturally, I'm more of a boxing fan.

Checkers = MMA
Chess = Boxing

Thank you for letting me contribute to this thread, I enjoyed my post.
So to clarify, you like MMA more than boxing, but only when they box?
Taking a break from the board. Please reference my last post for more details if you are interested.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

Bush4Ever wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:I would say MMA because I have osmosized myself into the ADHD culture of today, but the only part of MMA I truly enjoy is when they stand up and throw. I guess naturally, I'm more of a boxing fan.

Checkers = MMA
Chess = Boxing

So to clarify, you like MMA more than boxing, but only when they box?

Oh yeah
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

Checkers = MMA
Chess = Boxing

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=48504&start=0#p662665" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

zombiesonics wrote:

Checkers = MMA
Chess = Boxing

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=48504&start=0#p662665" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ali Natural
Superstar

Post by Ali Natural »

Depends on who is fighting
elmerjfudd
The Lurker

Post by elmerjfudd »

I don't look at MMA as checker or chess. It's like Chinese checkers, boxing chess or hexagonal chess, it's a bunch of combat sports put into one where no one become a master let alone a grandmaster.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Master Spade
Hall of Famer

Post by Master Spade »

AlaskaHawks wrote:
Master Spade wrote:As of right now, MMA is better.

Why? Boxing is never on TV!! "Back in the Day" boxing was on TV all the time, especially on the weekends! Boxing ruled back then! I've heard that they finally realize this, and have plans to put boxing back on TV, so let's hope that helps make boxing get back to the Glory Years.

The other reason MMA is better is simple, when people want to see two fighters fight, the Match is made! While nothing is perfect, it sure beats the hell out of Boxing in this regard!

Favorite MMA fighter right now: Cane Velasquez! Hope he is back from the injury.
How you gonna misspell your favorite fighters name?

:oops: Oh yeah! Didn't even notice. :oops:

Funny thing is, people usually misspell his Last name, not his first! :oops:

:lol: :noidea: :lol:

As for the Vote on this, 9-1 in favor of MMA, people got this Right!

:clap:
I would rather DIE Standing on my Feet, than Live Life on my Knees!!
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Bump for LNS.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

PhutureDynasty wrote:Bump for LNS.

Lol

Boxing, obviously. I don't hate on MMA the way some boxing fans do, though. But lately I've become more obsessed with boxing and have given MMA even less of my time than before. Plus, as much as it enrages AlaskaHawks when I say this, but the biggest star in MMA right now is easily Ronda Rousey. So lol @ MMA!
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

LakersNeedShaq wrote:
PhutureDynasty wrote:Bump for LNS.

Lol

Boxing, obviously. I don't hate on MMA the way some boxing fans do, though. But lately I've become more obsessed with boxing and have given MMA even less of my time than before. Plus, as much as it enrages AlaskaHawks when I say this, but the biggest star in MMA right now is easily Ronda Rousey. So lol @ MMA!
In comment with the Rousey thing I think she's the most polarizing and most dominant in regards to her competition but she's not the most talented by any means.

She's basically the Tyson of the women's bantamweight division with her quick victories.

Similaraties in dominance with comparison to competition but instead of the vicious KO power and speed it's her judo and armbar.

I still enjoy boxing BTW. I look forward to Cotto versus Canelo in November.