Gilbert Arenas: “LeBron James Isn’t a Number 1 Option”

Talk about anything here.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Re: Gilbert Arenas: “LeBron James Isn’t a Number 1 Option”

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Shill Jackson wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:
Smelters wrote: Bron would not have won many more titles with that 1st Bulls 3 peat. Rodman came along for the 2nd ride.

MJ's 1st 3peat was incredible and his team compared to other teams who have won multiple titles is not even in the same ball park.

It was a well-constructed team....but I don't compare Lebron to MJ. MJ is the GOAT without a doubt in my mind....and he didn't luck his way into an amazing situation on draft day like others have *cough* Kobe and Magic *cough*.
The irony that this comes from one of the most biased posters on the site.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

gaskill15 wrote:
elmerjfudd wrote:"LeBron is like Magic with Jordan like athleticism"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You would think he'd have more titles than 2 with that skillset.
It's all about just making it to the Finals now bruh. Doesn't matter if you actually win it.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
Shill Jackson wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:

It was a well-constructed team....but I don't compare Lebron to MJ. MJ is the GOAT without a doubt in my mind....and he didn't luck his way into an amazing situation on draft day like others have *cough* Kobe and Magic *cough*.
The irony that this comes from the most biased mod on the site calling others biased.
Seriously, stalk much?
Do you ever start threads?
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Shill Jackson wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
Shill Jackson wrote: Image
The irony that this comes from the most biased mod on the site calling others biased.
Seriously, stalk much?
I'm pretty sure I start a lot more threads than you do. Sorry if I hurt your 'wittle feewings' with the truth broseph. It is what it is. Self awareness is a beautiful thing. Shame you don't have any.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
Shill Jackson wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
Seriously, stalk much?
I'm pretty sure I start a lot more threads than you do. Sorry if I hurt your 'wittle feewings' with the truth broseph. It is what it is. Self awareness is a beautiful thing. Shame you don't have any.
I'm pretty sure you don't. Might want to check that self awareness on yourself.
Your favorite show?: http://www.cbs.com/shows/stalker/
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Shill Jackson wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
Shill Jackson wrote: The irony that this comes from the most biased mod on the site calling others biased.
Seriously, stalk much?
Ah. Shill fell down and went boom! Poor wittle guy. Too bad if you don't like getting called out Shill. I know the truth hurts broseph.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

Havlicekstealsit wrote:
gaskill15 wrote:
elmerjfudd wrote:"LeBron is like Magic with Jordan like athleticism"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You would think he'd have more titles than 2 with that skillset.
It's all about just making it to the Finals now bruh. Doesn't matter if you actually win it.
Elgin Baylor = GOAT
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
Shill Jackson wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
Ah. Shill fell down and went boom! Poor wittle guy. Too bad if you don't like getting called out Shill. I know the truth hurts broseph.
--Henry Rollins

Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

What about the GCC. :lol: :lol: :lol: See, I can hate sober as well. :suds:
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Da Stars. wrote:What about the GCC. :lol: :lol: :lol: See, I can hate sober as well. :suds:
Now there's something to be proud of!!
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

He's proven he can lead his team as the number 1 option against inferior teams from the East. But when facing decent competition, he is only 2-4.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
Da Stars. wrote:What about the GCC. :lol: :lol: :lol: See, I can hate sober as well. :suds:
Now there's something to be proud of!!
Lighten up Grizz, I would have posted nothing if it was not for your responses to Shill.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

AlaskaHawks wrote:He's proven he can lead his team as the number 1 option against inferior teams from the East. But when facing decent competition, he is only 2-4.
I think you can validly criticize him for 2011 against the Mavs. While he played extremely well in the series leading up to the finals including taking a dump on the Bulls, his play in the finals was at best a "head scratcher" as he simply didn't want the ball in the 4th quarter.

As far as 2007 goes, they had no business even being there, and clearly lost to a much, much better team. They only got there because he had an out of body type of experience 4th quarter and OT against Detroit in game 5 that year. This past year, with Irving playing on one leg for much of the playoffs, they made the finals and beat a 60 win team to get there, albeit a 60 win team that looked lost. In the finals, without Kyrie and Love and going up against a really well balanced and superb team in GS, they managed to win 2. That team without LeBron, Kyrie and Love is worse than Philadelphia. Two years ago, they got routed. It's a make or miss league and San Antonio made their shots, and outside of LeBron, the Heat really didn't. I again think they lost to a better, more balanced team.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:He's proven he can lead his team as the number 1 option against inferior teams from the East. But when facing decent competition, he is only 2-4.
I think you can validly criticize him for 2011 against the Mavs. While he played extremely well in the series leading up to the finals including taking a dump on the Bulls, his play in the finals was at best a "head scratcher" as he simply didn't want the ball in the 4th quarter.

As far as 2007 goes, they had no business even being there, and clearly lost to a much, much better team. They only got there because he had an out of body type of experience 4th quarter and OT against Detroit in game 5 that year. This past year, with Irving playing on one leg for much of the playoffs, they made the finals and beat a 60 win team to get there, albeit a 60 win team that looked lost. In the finals, without Kyrie and Love and going up against a really well balanced and superb team in GS, they managed to win 2. That team without LeBron, Kyrie and Love is worse than Philadelphia. Two years ago, they got routed. It's a make or miss league and San Antonio made their shots, and outside of LeBron, the Heat really didn't. I again think they lost to a better, more balanced team.
LeBron barely shot 25% outside of 5' in this years Finals. I know, I know, but "Stats" but had he shot even decently, they could have won. That would have been impressive.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

AlaskaHawks wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:

LeBron barely shot 25% outside of 5' in this years Finals. I know, I know, but "Stats" but had he shot even decently, they could have won. That would have been impressive.
I agree. He shot it poorly the whole playoffs this year frankly. He was doing some really outstanding things on the court, but shooting the rock wasn't one of them.
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:

It was freaking incredible what he pulled off in these most recent playoffs.

With that being said, he knew the risks of starting another big 3 with Kyrie and Love. It didn't surprise me at all that both Kyrie(especially) and Love couldn't make it the whole season.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:

I agree. He shot it poorly the whole playoffs this year frankly. He was doing some really outstanding things on the court, but shooting the rock wasn't one of them.
Just kinda weird. He's not an outstanding shooter by any means, but yeah this postseason was really bad. Tired legs, perhaps?

Hard to say, but it wasn't his finest hour.
Bill Russell