vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Re: Tiger Woods starting to come around. + 3 thru 4

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

AlaskaHawks wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:
They do.

He has been striking it really well this week so far.

A couple of 20' putts today doesn't hurt either.
I really hope he has a good weekend. Golf is just better when Tiger is in the mix.
He looked awful yesterday at the start, and then it looked like something clicked. He just got hot with the putter and the confidence came back to all aspects of his game. This is his lowest 36 hole score since 2013 @ Greenbriar.

It's far more fun when he's in the mix.
If he can win, he gets into Firestone right? He used to own that one.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
I really hope he has a good weekend. Golf is just better when Tiger is in the mix.
He looked awful yesterday at the start, and then it looked like something clicked. He just got hot with the putter and the confidence came back to all aspects of his game. This is his lowest 36 hole score since 2013 @ Greenbriar.

It's far more fun when he's in the mix.
If he can win, he gets into Firestone right? He used to own that one.
Yeah, the only scenario in which he moves on is with a First place finish this weekend.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

Fuck yeah how about Tiger. Only 1 back of the leader after 2nd round so far.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

Hope he falls on his azz.
Bush4Ever
Board Alpha Male

Post by Bush4Ever »

What's with the Tiger obsession?

I don't follow golf in any great detail, but hasn't he been fairly shitty for a long time now?
Taking a break from the board. Please reference my last post for more details if you are interested.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Bush4Ever wrote:What's with the Tiger obsession?

I don't follow golf in any great detail, but hasn't he been fairly shitty for a long time now?

He's had a rough go of it......but he's arguably the GOAT and he's still the top draw on the PGA.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Bush4Ever wrote:What's with the Tiger obsession?

1.5 years ago he won 5 tournaments, and was Player of the year. He was subpar last year and this, so far. But he's had a back surgery and learned a new swing. Give it some time.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

Bush4Ever
Board Alpha Male

Post by Bush4Ever »

That's cool. I just didn't know.

I remember way back in the day the talk was how he was going to *obviously* break the majors record.

Guess not. Chickens, hatch, etc...
Taking a break from the board. Please reference my last post for more details if you are interested.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Bush4Ever wrote:That's cool. I just didn't know.

I remember way back in the day the talk was how he was going to *obviously* break the majors record.

Guess not. Chickens, hatch, etc...
He was a force to be reckoned with until he got caught slaying too much poon.
Bill Russell

Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

He can still catch Jack but it's gonna be much tougher now.
jordanzone
constitutionnomore

Post by jordanzone »

King Deez wrote:He can still catch Jack but it's gonna be much tougher now.
..ain't gonna happen...
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

jordanzone wrote:
..ain't gonna happen...
You didn't use the word but it's implied. I am reminded of an expression a former law school professor of mine used to use: "the two most dangerous words in the English language are Never and Always".
jordanzone
constitutionnomore

Post by jordanzone »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
jordanzone wrote:
..ain't gonna happen...
You didn't use the word but it's implied. I am reminded of an expression a former law school professor of mine used to use: "the two most dangerous words in the English language are Never and Always".
..and I would agree 100% with that professor, but in this case I will gladly choose to live dangerously...let me use your own words often used on this site, father time is undefeated...there is a steep drop off after 40 for golfers winning majors, and regression analysis confirms that...his back will never be the same, his game is lost although he will have some moments here and there...think about this, Jack won more majors after the age of 37 (4) than all but 14 golfers have ever won in their entire careers...Tigers peak projection was at 26, which showed him on pace for mid-20's in Majors...his pace now?...15...

..I stand firm when I say, Tiger passing Jack just ain't happening......IMO...
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

jordanzone wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
jordanzone wrote:
..ain't gonna happen...
..and I would agree 100% with that professor, but in this case I will gladly choose to live dangerously...let me use your own words often used on this site, father time is undefeated...there is a steep drop off after 40 for golfers winning majors, and regression analysis confirms that...his back will never be the same, his game is lost although he will have some moments here and there...think about this, Jack won more majors after the age of 37 (4) than all but 14 golfers have ever won in their entire careers...Tigers peak projection was at 26, which showed him on pace for mid-20's in Majors...his pace now?...15...

If I were betting, I would take your side of the bet too. I hope I'm wrong though. I was a huge Nicklaus fan but I'd love to see Tiger at least tie the record.
jordanzone
constitutionnomore

Post by jordanzone »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
jordanzone wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:

If I were betting, I would take your side of the bet too. I hope I'm wrong though. I was a huge Nicklaus fan but I'd love to see Tiger at least tie the record.
..I will agree Tiger adds that certain je ne sais quoi to the game of golf and that is definitely good for the game itself...however, I'm not a fan of his theatrics nor his moral compass(which is very rare that I even lend a passing thought to an athlete outside of their field of play) ...and I see much of that as a result of his father passing, much like how Tyson was after Cus passed...we'll see though...
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

jordanzone wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
jordanzone wrote:

..I will agree Tiger adds that certain je ne sais quoi to the game of golf and that is definitely good for the game itself...however, I'm not a fan of his theatrics nor his moral compass(which is very rare that I even lend a passing thought to an athlete outside of their field of play) ...and I see much of that as a result of his father passing, much like how Tyson was after Cus passed...we'll see though...
No argument. I can't defend the tantrums on the course and the moral compass needs no comment, obviously. I had this same discussion with Abe a few days ago. I think I've gotten desensitized to athletes being complete assholes and just divorce all that from what they do on the field now.
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

[youtube]yrI1HN2v_F8[/youtube]
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

Tiger is probably the only athlete that I know of who could enter into flow more easily (and more often) than Michael Jordan in his prime.

From 98 to 2006 or so Tiger practically played while in flow every time he teed it up.
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills