Are doctors handing out too many handicap parking permits?

Talk about anything here.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Are doctors handing out too many handicap parking permits?

Post by Kingcarl24 »

When was the last time you saw someone park in a handicap parking spot that looked like they legitimately needed a handicap parking space? I honestly can only think of one in the last couple of years. I remember back in the day, you always saw open handicap parking spaces available. Now, I hardly ever see them open.

My mother-in-law had double knee surgery about 10 years ago. She was given a handicap pass for pretty obvious reasons. She still has that pass and her doctor continues to renew it. It drives me crazy. She doesn't need it at all. Sure she has some pain in her knees still but she can easily walk the extra 50 feet.

Anybody else noticing this trend? The other day I saw a huge jacked up truck parked in a handicap spot. The driver had a permit hanging in the window and then proceeded to hope out the truck and walk in the store. If you can jump down from jacked up truck, you don't need a handicap parking permit.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Re: Are doctors handing out too many handicap parking permits?

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Kingcarl24 wrote:When was the last time you saw someone park in a handicap parking spot that looked like they legitimately needed a handicap parking space? I honestly can only think of one in the last couple of years. I remember back in the day, you always saw open handicap parking spaces available. Now, I hardly ever see them open.

My mother-in-law had double knee surgery about 10 years ago. She was given a handicap pass for pretty obvious reasons. She still has that pass and her doctor continues to renew it. It drives me crazy. She doesn't need it at all. Sure she has some pain in her knees still but she can easily walk the extra 50 feet.

Anybody else noticing this trend? The other day I saw a huge jacked up truck parked in a handicap spot. The driver had a permit hanging in the window and then proceeded to hope out the truck and walk in the store. If you can jump down from jacked up truck, you don't need a handicap parking permit.

Wow. Karl going all-in on the sick and infirm. How dare they not walk on their leprosy-laden legs like able-bodied people.
Macrotus
Hall of Famer

Post by Macrotus »

I know for a fact...a lot of drivers borrowed the handicap sign form a relative cause they are such lazy bums that couldn't walk a few extra steps.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:When was the last time you saw someone park in a handicap parking spot that looked like they legitimately needed a handicap parking space? I honestly can only think of one in the last couple of years. I remember back in the day, you always saw open handicap parking spaces available. Now, I hardly ever see them open.

Wow. Karl going all-in on the sick and infirm. How dare they not walk on their leprosy-laden legs like able-bodied people.
Pretty sure that's not who I'm going all-in on. Silly idiot Abe.
denali4eva
Queen Bee

Post by denali4eva »

I don't know their stories so, I can't pass judgement...
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

denali4eva wrote:I don't know their stories so, I can't pass judgement...

That's where I was going with it too... before Karl verbally attacked me so viciously.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:

That's where I was going with it too... before Karl verbally attacked me so viciously.

So no troll, you think the majority of those parking in handicap spot are legit injured and need to be parking that close? (This is my Deez question of the day)

(I know this is one of your favorite ways to troll me but I can't tell if you're half serious or not)
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

So no troll, you think the majority of those parking in handicap spot are legit injured and need to be parking that close?

(I know this is one of your favorite ways to troll me but I can't tell if you're half serious or not)

I don't know. I do know that I'm better than them either way. (1) I'm not handicapped and should be thankful for that. (2) I'm not such a lazy asshole that I'd pretend to be handicapped to walk a few less feet at Payless Shoes, which I should be thankful for.
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

I'm pooping in a handicapped stall right now. Should I feel bad?
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

You can get handicap tags to hang from your mirror if you have asthma that requires prescription inhalers, so yes.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

Havlicekstealsit wrote:You can get handicap tags to hang from your mirror if you have asthma that requires prescription inhalers, so yes.
I can. Time to start parking in the handicapped parking.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Puerto ricans will go to any length to get disability and handicap parking lermits go along with it.

They try to sfam thier way at the doctors office..a good doctor eoesnt issue out disability to the undeserving...
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"