Does the acquisition of Amare Stoudemire make the Heat a legitimate title contender?

Talk about anything here.

Does the acquisition of Amare Stoudemire make the Heat a legitimate title contender?

Yes
43%
No
57%

Total votes: 7

LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Re: Does the acquisition of Amare Stoudemire make the Heat a legitimate title contender?

Post by gaskill15 »

Lol
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Re: Does the acquisition of Amare Stoudemire make the Heat a legitimate title contender?

Post by Robceltsfan »

He'll make them a little better than the Knicks.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
AtiliusRegulus
Mount Rushmore

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

Miami as it currently is, is a conference finals team. But that is if they remain healthy. They are one piece away from a championship contender, and that piece is Kevin Durant. If Durant can start at the 3 with Deng coming off the bench, they are in the finals. No way will Lebron be able to guard Durant on the court, and Deng when Durant leaves the court.
Check the method from Bedrock, 'cause I rock your head to bed
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

AtiliusRegulus wrote:Miami as it currently is, is a conference finals team. But that is if they remain healthy. They are one piece away from a championship contender, and that piece is Kevin Durant. If Durant can start at the 3 with Deng coming off the bench, they are in the finals. No way will Lebron be able to guard Durant on the court, and Deng when Durant leaves the court.
They should get Anthony Davis too.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Miami is probably the second best team in the east, fighting it out with the Bulls. They are a well constructed team with excellent depth now, and Amare in limited minutes will help them. They get Bosh back, McRoberts back, Dragic for a full season, Whiteside playing for a contract for a full season etc...

Don't sleep on Miami.
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

AtiliusRegulus wrote:Miami as it currently is, is a conference finals team. But that is if they remain healthy. They are one piece away from a championship contender, and that piece is Kevin Durant. If Durant can start at the 3 with Deng coming off the bench, they are in the finals. No way will Lebron be able to guard Durant on the court, and Deng when Durant leaves the court.
Half of the teams in the league are one piece away from title contention if said piece is Kevin Durant...
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

I bet Durant can't wait to join Miami to carry a broken down Wade and soft as tissue Bosh.

A dream come true for him I'm sure.
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Post by Sudanese Sensation »

If you put him in Doc Brown's DeLorean.
AtiliusRegulus
Mount Rushmore

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

gaskill15 wrote:
no need, they have a triple double machine in Whiteside

[youtube]lUKZaRnFYdo[/youtube]
Check the method from Bedrock, 'cause I rock your head to bed
Buckets
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Buckets »

If Wade is re-signed for the amount of money he wants ($15-$20 million per season), then the Heat can't re-sign both Whiteside and sign Kevin Durant. I've already posted previously that the Heat don't have bird rights for Whiteside, meaning they can't go over the cap to re-sign him like they can do with Wade. So either Wade takes a huge cut, which I don't think he plans on after this past season debacle. Or Whiteside is re-signed for less than market value, which I don't think a guy currently making $900k is planning on doing.
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

rtiff68 wrote:
Half of the teams in the league are one piece away from title contention if said piece is Kevin Durant...
Lol exactly
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

AtiliusRegulus wrote:
gaskill15 wrote:
no need, they have a triple double machine in Whiteside

[youtube]lUKZaRnFYdo[/youtube]
Lulz
876Stephen
Fantasy Football Champ

Post by 876Stephen »

No. Cavs are too stacked.
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

Dragic
Wade
Deng
Bosh
Whiteside

Bench: Amare, McRoberts, G. Green, Winslow, Ennis, Chalmers

That's a stacked team. But they have no chance of getting past Cleveland.
dwcmwa
All-Time Great

Post by dwcmwa »

Not even close.