Rank these teams I made up.

Talk about anything here.
l3bron
Reigning WIS Champion

Post by l3bron »

Note: All these players are in their prime. I tried to keep it modern so no players from the 60s and 70s.

I originally was only going to build teams around Jordan, Lebron and Shaq but I started having fun and added Magic, Duncan and Kobe. I tried not to just lump a bunch of All Time 15 players together and instead tried to form teams that catered to each player's strengths while not making one team overpowered. I also tried to prevent teaming up players that played together during their primes (I think Marion/Amare was the only one that broke this rule) to provide more discussion. These teams aren't perfect and if you think switching/swapping players would make the teams more balanced let me know. The idea is to make these teams as balanced as possible. You can also try forming a list from players that weren't listed (Wade, Garnett, Dirk, Malone, Robinson are notable exceptions) but again try to keep it balanced. A Stockton/Wade/Hill/KG/Robinson lineup suggestion doesn't add much to the discussion.

Magic Johnson
Ray Allen
Shawn Marion
Amare Stoudemire
Ben Wallace

Showtime 2.0: Here I tried to build the ultimate team around Magic's strengths and weaknesses. I wanted to give full playmaking abilities to Magic which is why instead of surrounding him with other playmakers I opted to instead surround him with finishers (Marion and Amare) with a sharpshooter to give him space to operate. Wallace and Marion make up for his poor defense while Allen makes up for his lack of an outside shot. This team will be a nightmare on the break.

Steve Nash
Michael Jordan
James Worthy
Chris Webber
Dwight Howard

Jordan Eats First: I have to admit, Jordan was the most difficult player to build around. Jordan is the alpha male and he's going to eat first so I wanted to surround him with all star caliber players without inflated egos who wouldn't mind taking a backseat. Nash provides Jordan with an elite perimeter threat whose first priority would be to get him the ball. We've seen Worthy shine as the third option on other championship teams and his role would be similar here giving Nash another elite finisher to get the ball to. I'm not a big fan of Webber and had the most trouble selecting a PF for this team. I do see his high post post game, passing ability and overall versatility helping the team but something doesn't feel right. Dwight is the conversation for the greatest help defender in NBA history so he's here to alter shots and give another elite finisher to this team. If any of you can come up with a better team here I'd be more than willing to edit it.

Steph Curry
Manu Ginobili
Lebron James
Pau Gasol
Marc Gasol

The King and his Royal Chef: This team would easily lead all other teams in assists. Positions 1-5 can all create shots for themselves while also being great passers in their own rights. All of them have no issue passing up a shot for a better shot and a Curry/Lebron combo is a match made in heaven. Cap it off with the Gasol Towers which gives Team USA fits every time the Olympics roll around and you have a dangerous team. Ironically the team with Lebron ended up being the least athletic team of the bunch lol

Gary Payton
James Harden
Ron Artest
Rasheed Wallace
Shaquille O'Neal

Free Throws Galore: I really like the Sheed/Shaq frontline, they teamed up a decade too late in Boston. Harden gives this team its elite perimeter option to match Shaq's elite post threat while Payton and Artest are there to ward off any Har_en Memes.

Chris Paul
Jeff Hornacek
Scottie Pippen
Tim Duncan
Vlade Divac

A Beautiful Game: I tried to go with a Spurs-like team here. High-IQ, unselfish, no egos and willing passers. Paul/Pippen/Duncan is as flawless as a trio as you can make. Hornacek is there to reap from all the open looks he's going to get while Divac makes sure the passing never stops.

Russell Westbrook
Kobe Bryant
Paul Pierce
Dennis Rodman
Dikembe Mutombo

Because Fuck You: I made this one up on the fly but I like how it turned out. Westbrook, Kobe and Pierce are there to wreck havoc on the perimeter. No other team on this list can claim that they have three guys who have averaged 25+ PPG for a season at one point in their careers. Not to mention that all three of them want to rip out your heart and eat your children and are going to talk endless **** to you while they do it. Rodman and Mutombo aren't going to take shots away from the trio. They're simply going to shut down the paint and gobble up all the boards while simultaneously forming the best defensive frontcourt of the teams.
Come at the King, you best not miss.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Re: Rank these teams I made up.

Post by elmouse03 »

showtime 2.0 looks pretty damn good imo.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Nice thread. I'll chime in momentarily, busy atm.
l3bron
Reigning WIS Champion

Post by l3bron »

elmouse03 wrote:showtime 2.0 looks pretty damn good imo.
Same here, although that was the first team I made so I pretty much had 30 years worth of NBA players to surround Magic with. I kept endlessly switching players at the end for all the other teams but that was the one team that stayed the same throughout because I liked it that much.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Really tough to decide and I reserve the right to change this at any time but...

1. Jordan Eats First. Nash compliments Jordan's game perfectly. Worthy provides a solid secondary wing scorer and Webber and Howard also work well in tandem.

2. The King and Chef. I see the ball moving on this team almost as well as A Beautiful Game's. Overall a beastly team and I nearly had them #1.

3. A Beautiful Game. The ball movement would be a thing to watch. Paul and Pippen with the perimeter defense, Jeff spreading the floor, Duncan and Vlade bouncing off each other.

4. Free Thows Galore. I really found it hard to put an inside outside game of Harden and Shaq at 4 but that's how good these teams are. Defense, scoring, decent ball movement, etc.

5. Showtime 2.0. Really liked how you complimented Magic well with shooters and defenders. Overall a great team but I didn't think they stood out on paper as much as the other teams.

6. Because Fuck You. Easily the best scoring from 1-3. Probably the best defensive big pairing as well. Only knock would be who eats first and would this team have ball movement like the others?

Overall 6 amazing teams.
l3bron
Reigning WIS Champion

Post by l3bron »

In hindsight maybe Jordan's team has too much talent.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

l3bron wrote:In hindsight maybe Jordan's team has too much talent.
I think they are the best team but in comparison to the others I still find it fair.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

What's the point of threads lime this?
it's the equivalent of playing war with plastic army men
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

elartman1973 wrote:What's the point of threads lime this?
You are against talking nba on a nba board?
l3bron
Reigning WIS Champion

Post by l3bron »

Why do people talk about basketball on a basketball forum? It doesn't make any sense.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

l3bron wrote:
Why do people talk about basketball on a basketball forum? It doesn't make any sense.
Real teams not fake ones

kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

I actually agree with Fat Tits, the op is too far out there, too many teams.
l3bron
Reigning WIS Champion

Post by l3bron »

elartman1973 wrote:
l3bron wrote:
Real teams not fake ones
Why do you waste time arguing over Orlando vs Los Angeles? Why would any sane human being waste their time arguing over something so stupid?
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

Convoluted thread.
elmerjfudd
The Lurker

Post by elmerjfudd »

The problem with Jordan's team, is while they compliment him perfect offensively, defensively they dont match. You need great rebounding top notch defense to go along with Jordan type players. Especially when comparing it to other great teams.

In the end teams win, not players and they have to mix well(more for some). This is why I like LeBron, Duncan's and Shaq's team, instead of Kobe and Jordan's .

BTW great thread L3Bron

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

l3bron wrote:
elartman1973 wrote:
l3bron wrote: Why do people talk about basketball on a basketball forum? It doesn't make any sense.
Real teams not fake ones
Why do you waste time arguing over Orlando vs Los Angeles? Why would any sane human being waste their time arguing over something so stupid?
Those are real cities not fake cities

l3bron
Reigning WIS Champion

Post by l3bron »

elartman1973 wrote:
l3bron wrote:
elartman1973 wrote: Real teams not fake ones
That's irrelevant. You asked what the point if this thread is. I'm asking what your purpose is when you defend your career, city, lifestyle habits like an insecure teenage girl. What's the point?
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

l3bron wrote:
elartman1973 wrote:
l3bron wrote: Why do you waste time arguing over Orlando vs Los Angeles? Why would any sane human being waste their time arguing over something so stupid?
That's irrelevant. You asked what the point if this thread is. I'm asking what your purpose is when you defend your career, city, lifestyle habits like an insecure teenage girl. What's the point?
Because I'm usually being attacked and the point is to correct those who are wrong.
this thread has no point to it whatsoever...you tell me what's the point of comparing fake teams?

l3bron
Reigning WIS Champion

Post by l3bron »

elartman1973 wrote:
l3bron wrote:
elartman1973 wrote: Those are real cities not fake cities
Because I'm usually being attacked and the point is to correct those who are wrong.
this thread has no point to it whatsoever...you tell me what's the point of comparing fake teams?
You just posted a thread about an article stating that art students "work harder" than law students. Who cares? Who were you defending yourself against there? YOU started the thread.

Again, what's the point behind acting insecure?
ripper76
Accounts will be settled.

Post by ripper76 »

Some nice work here artman.