D'angelo Russell might be the most overrated prospect ever

Talk about anything here.
elmerjfudd
The Lurker

D'angelo Russell might be the most overrated prospect ever

Post by elmerjfudd »

But it makes sense he was drafted by LA, the place where people claim Magic is better than Bird.

Lets take a look at some of the asinine things people has said about him; "He is considered a better version of Steph Curry", "the best passer since Magic", "He was considered the best player in this draft". He is looked as a franchise saver. The only thing Russell is saving is the Lakers from being the worst teams yearly that's it.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Re: D'angelo Russell might be the most overrated prospect ever

Post by elartman1973 »

Lakers fans are desperate for any positive newz...this is the best they have...
Magic back court ould absolutely embarrass him
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

Isn't it also asinine to think you know he won't be much of a difference maker after a couple summer league games?

By the way the Lakers fans on this board aren't the only ones hyping him.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

I said the other day he's solid but he's hyped more than he should have been. I think Okafor should have been picked before him for sure but whatever works.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

gaskill15 wrote:Isn't it also asinine to think you know he won't be much of a difference maker after a couple summer league games?

Explain difference maker
Lebrons a difference maker..from day one...russel???? No

gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

elartman1973 wrote:
gaskill15 wrote:Isn't it also asinine to think you know he won't be much of a difference maker after a couple summer league games?

Explain difference maker
Lebrons a difference maker..from day one...russel???? No
Fudd mentioned all he'll do is get them out of last place which wouldn't make him much of a difference maker would it?
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

By the way fudd you've just been trolled. I figured you could see that coming from a mile away here.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

elmerjfudd wrote:But it makes sense he was drafted by LA, the place where people claim Magic is better than Bird.

Lets take a look at some of the asinine things people has said about him; "He is considered a better version of Steph Curry", "the best passer since Magic", "He was considered the best player in this draft". He is looked as a franchise saver. The only thing Russell is saving is the Lakers from being the worst teams yearly that's it.

What has happened since draft night to today that has convinced you of what Russell's ceiling will be?
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

lettherebehouse wrote:
elmerjfudd wrote:But it makes sense he was drafted by LA, the place where people claim Magic is better than Bird.

What has happened since draft night to today that has convinced you of what Russell's ceiling will be?
You tell me...
What has you convinced he will be a superstar like most lalers fans are claiming?

elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

BP>>>DR
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

elartman1973 wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:

You tell me...
What has you convinced he will be a superstar like most lalers fans are claiming?

Looking at his attributable metrics, his physical makeup, his level of effectiveness vs his peers at every level he's competed at, as well as the pre-draft synopsis most scouts and GMs consensusly agreed on about what his physical and cerebral package can do at an NBA level (not that they're always 100% accurate, but their opinions are far more credible on the surface than yours and I's put together).

Judging a rookie laying a handful of minutes for the first time with a bunch of players who are themselves playing with this new group for the first time in an exhibition summer league is the lazy man's kneejerk analytic usually reserved for comic mockery.

Andrew Goudelock spent one summer league season lighting up the opposition, and won SL MVP. I'd be surprised if you ever even heard of him. How about Darius Odom-Johnson? You ever heard of these guys? They dominated summer leagues bro.

lol

:verdum:
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

If by "ever" you mean just this last draft, then maybe. Guys like Joe Smith, Stromile, Marvin Williams, & Adam Morrison might think otherwise.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

lettherebehouse wrote:
elartman1973 wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:

You tell me...

Looking at his attributable metrics, his physical makeup, his level of effectiveness vs his peers at every level he's competed at, as well as the pre-draft synopsis most scouts and GMs consensusly agreed on about what his physical and cerebral package can do at an NBA level (not that they're always 100% accurate, but their opinions are far more credible on the surface than yours and I's put together).

Judging a rookie laying a handful of minutes for the first time with a bunch of players who are themselves playing with this new group for the first time in an exhibition summer league is the lazy man's kneejerk analytic usually reserved for comic mockery.

Andrew Goudelock spent one summer league season lighting up the opposition, and won SL MVP. I'd be surprised if you ever even heard of him. How about Darius Odom-Johnson? You ever heard of these guys? They dominated summer leagues bro.

lol

Lol...no
Nothing at all makes him look like a future superstar

lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

elartman1973 wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:
elartman1973 wrote: You tell me...

lol

Lol...no

Oh, well OK. You convinced me dawg.

:hail:
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

lettherebehouse wrote:
elartman1973 wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:

lol

Lol...no

Oh, well OK. You convinced me dawg.

:hail:
According to laker fans, a superstar is determined by one year of college and a few summer league games against guys who can't even make the nba..

vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

I wouldn't be wildly enthusiastic about his early showings in summer league. All things being equal, if you're a fan, you would have hoped he showed a lot more.
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

First off, just like curry and harden, it's going to take a bit for Russell to adjust to the NBA because he doesn't have the speed and athleticism like other elite players, he's going to have to figure out how to use his craftiness to score. As others have mentioned already, summer league is more about watching how these guys play, not necessarily the stats they accumulate. Sure Russell has been turning the ball over a lot, but at risk of sounding like Eli manning supporters, a ton of his passes have either bounced off of his teammates hands or arrived before their heads turn, and with more time with his teammates (and playing with actual NBA players not d-leaguers) will really clean that up.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Same could be said about every rookie, pertaining to thier position

elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

elartman1973 wrote:Same could be said about every rookie, pertaining to thier position
Bobby Portis>>>>>>magic rookies
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

anybody with an ounce of perspective knows that Magic was better than Bird.
It was demonstrated again, and again.
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**