How to handle Sportswise

Talk about anything here.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Re: How to handle Sportswise

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Sportswise about to teach us about irony. Soon.

Oh oh.
sportswise1
All-Time Great

Post by sportswise1 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
sportswise1 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

Wait. I used a specific example to point out your racism... and you went with the "everybody else was doing it" card and then called your actions "insensitive" instead of the term that many of us would use... "racist."

You playing fast and loose with the English language doesn't erase that (1) I pointed out a specific example (2) you agreed with me. That kind of tactic worked many decades ago. We've evolved.

Now, we call a spade a spade.

so I agree that I made a slightly insensitive comment by not adding the word "people" after Blacks on one or two occasions and this is the entire basis for you calling me a racist?
and you're working way too hard on this one comment-none of which proves anything at all

once again if you don't have a single post from me that displays racism-- move on, or i guess you can continue to make fool of yourself
s

You repeatedly claiming you're not racist despite admitting you wrote racist things isn't helping your cause...

Newsflash: Omitting words makes it racist. Simple as that. Why is this so hard for you to understand? Simply admit it, apologize and we can all move on.

Can you not read my replies on this issue? Omitting the word "people" after Blacks is hardly a sign of racism and nobody says White people -they simply says Whites
why would I not continue to deny being racist when you keep saying I am?

and you still can't find a single comment that displays any form of racism on my part--

you're beginning to look frustrated that you can't convince me of a lie -something that you have fabricated
sportswise1
Johnnyblazzed
Hall of Famer

Post by Johnnyblazzed »

Reading Bush makes me wonder, is this the guy behind his keyboard?

Incognito
All-Time Great

Post by Incognito »

sportswise1 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
sportswise1 wrote:

so I agree that I made a slightly insensitive comment by not adding the word "people" after Blacks on one or two occasions and this is the entire basis for you calling me a racist?
and you're working way too hard on this one comment-none of which proves anything at all

once again if you don't have a single post from me that displays racism-- move on, or i guess you can continue to make fool of yourself
s

You repeatedly claiming you're not racist despite admitting you wrote racist things isn't helping your cause...

Newsflash: Omitting words makes it racist. Simple as that. Why is this so hard for you to understand? Simply admit it, apologize and we can all move on.

Can you not read my replies on this issue? Omitting the word "people" after Blacks is hardly a sign of racism and nobody says White people -they simply says Whites

and you still can't find a single comment that displays any form of racism on my part--

you're beginning to look frustrated that you can't convince me of a lie -something that you have fabricated
Some moron on Reddit told me I am racist because I alwaya capitalize Whites and leave blacks lowercase.
sportswise1
All-Time Great

Post by sportswise1 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:Sportswise about to teach us about irony. Soon.

Oh oh.

There are lots of things I can teach you
And I seem to be doing a a good job of it in this thread!
sportswise1
sportswise1
All-Time Great

Post by sportswise1 »

lettherebehouse wrote:Sportswise, what is it exactly that you dislike about racists? And, why are you so offended when somebody accuses you of being one?

Ok -that is a fair question and I admit to being sensitive on this subject
1) There should be no place for racists anywhere and I despise bigots and racists as most caring people do-nothing more than that
2) So when someone accuses me of being one-i admittedly don't like it and challenge them to prove it

I assume that answers your question
sportswise1
Johnnyblazzed
Hall of Famer

Post by Johnnyblazzed »

sportswise1 wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:Sportswise, what is it exactly that you dislike about racists? And, why are you so offended when somebody accuses you of being one?

1) There should be no place for racists anywhere and I despise bigots and racists as most caring people do-nothing more than that
2) So when someone accuses me of being one-i admittedly don't like it and challenge them to prove it

PREACH!

I can't stand bigots and their opinions either.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

sportswise1 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
sportswise1 wrote:

s

So you're not racist because you say so.

Great. I guess anybody can use that excuse now. If I wanted to play THIS game, I'd stick to discussing things with Artman. I thought he had cornered the market on this sort of posting reasoning.
denali4eva
Queen Bee

Post by denali4eva »

Incognito wrote:
sportswise1 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
s

Some moron on Reddit told me I am racist because I alwaya capitalize Whites and leave blacks lowercase.
Hmmmm, that's the wrong reason... :coleman:
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

sportswise1 wrote:

I only axe because LMD accused you back on page 1 of being a racist, sexist, classist, and an idiot (all in one post). But the only one you took exception to and defended, was being called a racist.

Like you said, you're sensitive to the subject, which I already understand. I'm simply axing WHY.
sportswise1
All-Time Great

Post by sportswise1 »

lettherebehouse wrote:
sportswise1 wrote:

I only axe because LMD accused you back on page 1 of being a racist, sexist, classist, and an idiot (all in one post). But the only one you took exception to and defended, was being called a racist.

Like you said, you're sensitive to the subject, which I already understand. I'm simply axing WHY.
I'm definitely not a classist or sexist but some on here thought they had proof I was a racist--and they are dead wrong
You don't ned to have an underlying reason why you dislike racists-if you're simply a caring person with no real prejudices -you would normally hate racists and bigots
that's all there is to it
sportswise1
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

Racists can go to hell
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

sportswise1 wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:
sportswise1 wrote:

I'm definitely not a classist or sexist but some on here thought they had proof I was a racist--and they are dead wrong
You don't ned to have an underlying reason why you dislike racists-if you're simply a caring person with no real prejudices -you would normally hate racists and bigots

Can a Black be racist?
sportswise1
All-Time Great

Post by sportswise1 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
sportswise1 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
s

Great. I guess anybody can use that excuse now. If I wanted to play THIS game, I'd stick to discussing things with Artman. I thought he had cornered the market on this sort of posting reasoning.

wrong again
you have been completely unable to show anything that indicates I'm racist but you want to persist in that accusation
Posters like you should be reprimanded for stuff like this
sportswise1
sportswise1
All-Time Great

Post by sportswise1 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
sportswise1 wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:

Can a Black be racist?
Of course- why not?
anybody can be a racist-you disagree with that?
Last edited by sportswise1 on Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sportswise1
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

sportswise1 wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:
sportswise1 wrote:

I'm by far the least racist and prejudice person here (I have yearbook photos and signatures as proof of this). You shouldn't hate anybody though, Sportswise. It makes you no different than the racists and bigots you oh so despise. How do racists and bigots become what they are? Through life experiences, or the ignorance they were born into that conditioned their distrust for the unfamiliar, in a tribal sense. In other words, they can't help what they've become no more than blacks can control being black. Matter of fact, I'mma drop some real spit to you like my homeboy Jesus the Nazarene once said, you can't fight intolerance, with intolerance. Ya'dig?
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

sportswise1 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
sportswise1 wrote:

wrong again
you have been completely unable to show anything that indicates I'm racist but you want to persist in that accusation

You should contact a moderator as soon as possible. But don't send anything to the Black. He's lazy.
sportswise1
All-Time Great

Post by sportswise1 »

lettherebehouse wrote:
sportswise1 wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:

I'm by far the least racist and prejudice person here (I have yearbook photos and signatures as proof of this). You shouldn't hate anybody though, Sportswise. It makes you no different than the racists and bigots you oh so despise. How do racists and bigots become what they are? Through life experiences, or the ignorance they were born into that conditioned their distrust for the unfamiliar, in a tribal sense. In other words, they can't help what they've become no more than blacks can control being black. Matter of fact, I'mma drop some real spit to you like my homeboy Jesus the Nazarene once said, you can't fight intolerance, with intolerance. Ya'dig?

I appreciate your response but think you're dead wrong
Obviously, hating anybody is not an admirable trait but to say racists can't help it or are conditioned to it is illogical.
It's true you can be born into a racist family or atmosphere but that hardly means you can't change and see how wrong/harmful it is and can be
to say it's the same as having a skin color at birth is totally ridiculous.
sportswise1
sportswise1
All-Time Great

Post by sportswise1 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
sportswise1 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

wrong again

You should contact a moderator as soon as possible. But don't send anything to the Black. He's lazy.
not even a good choice of mockery-but keep trying to make your point
sportswise1
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

sportswise1 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
sportswise1 wrote:

wrong again

not even a good choice of mockery-but keep trying to make your point

Meh. Maybe you're simply looking at it as a Black or White issue?