WHO'S READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?

Talk about anything here.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Re: WHO'S READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?

Post by kobeunderbite »

Abe is a lifeless robot who can't invest in anything, let alone sports, emotionally.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Kobeunderbite wrote:Abe is a lifeless robot who can't invest in anything, let alone sports, emotionally.

That's only because I don't have a soul.

Don't make fun.
Bush4Ever
Board Alpha Male

Post by Bush4Ever »

Kobeunderbite wrote:Abe is a lifeless robot who can't invest in anything, let alone sports, emotionally.
Abe always trys to find the Goldilocks spot ("just right") with respect to investment, so that he doesn't seem like an "oddball loner" *and* he doesn't seem like a rube.

For example, dancing. Whereas I would say that I simply don't enjoy dancing and that honestly, it's (sometimes) dumb, and then not make a special effort to go dancing ever, Abe would go to "da club" and start moving around a bit, but not *so* much where he stood out in the crowd.

Or football. I don't really like football much, so I don't watch or go to games. Abe would be scared of that level of indepence from the group, but wouldn't be caught dead painting his body in team colors or wearing a jersey of a player half his age.

#analysis
Taking a break from the board. Please reference my last post for more details if you are interested.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

Kobeunderbite wrote:The sport is madly overrated.
Tennis > Football
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

I can't wait to see me some Mariota this year. This is the most excited I've been in awhile.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Bush4Ever wrote:
Abe always trys to find the Goldilocks spot ("just right") with respect to investment, so that he doesn't seem like an "oddball loner" *and* he doesn't seem like a rube.

For example, dancing. Whereas I would say that I simply don't enjoy dancing and that honestly, it's (sometimes) dumb, and then not make a special effort to go dancing ever, Abe would go to "da club" and start moving around a bit, but not *so* much where he stood out in the crowd.

Or football. I don't really like football much, so I don't watch or go to games. Abe would be scared of that level of indepence from the group, but wouldn't be caught dead painting his body in team colors or wearing a jersey of a player half his age.

#analysis

There's very little chance I will be going to "da club."
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

I think the LFL is going on right now
Bush4Ever
Board Alpha Male

Post by Bush4Ever »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Would you dance at weddings, "friendly gatherings", etc...even if you dislike dancing?

I think you would. You would find the place firmly in the middle between doing what you want to really do (and standing out) and overcompensating like a rube (and standing out).

For dancing, that's probably standing somewhere inbetween the outer and inner groupings, swaying your body and bobbing your head like a Peanuts character.
Taking a break from the board. Please reference my last post for more details if you are interested.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Bush4Ever wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Would you dance at weddings, "friendly gatherings", etc...even if you dislike dancing?

I think you would. You would find the place firmly in the middle between doing what you want to really do (and standing out) and overcompensating like a rube (and standing out).

For dancing, that's probably standing somewhere inbetween the outer and inner groupings, swaying your body and bobbing your head like a Peanuts character.

I saw a trailer for the Peanuts movie.

That cartoon has not aged well. It seems almost as dated as many of the traditional wedding songs I dance to occasionally.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Bush4Ever wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

That cartoon has not aged well. It seems almost as dated as many of the traditional wedding songs I dance to occasionally.
My kids love the old Peanuts movies. They watch them often. I forgot just how mean everyone is to each other in those movies. No wonder Charlie Brown is depressed. He can't go anywhere without being called a blockhead.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

I'll be ready when the GOAT, Tom Brady, is freed from the shackles of Roger Goodell.
Bush4Ever
Board Alpha Male

Post by Bush4Ever »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:

Update yourself my man...it's the new age:

[youtube]ajg8QrSsr_A[/youtube]
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Bush4Ever wrote:

My kids love the old Peanuts movies. They watch them often. I forgot just how mean everyone is to each other in those movies. No wonder Charlie Brown is depressed. He can't go anywhere without being called a blockhead.
I didn't like those cartoons, even as a kid.

Needless to say... I wasn't impressed when St. Paul decided to put 9,775 statues of various characters around the city to show off we're a bunch of provincial rubes. (Charles Shulze was born here or something)
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:

I've never been less of a football fan than I am right now.

[Note: This will change when the Vikings go 12 - 4 and reach the NFC Championship Game. I will cheer for them wildly at that point, only to see them lose in heartbreaking fashion that's almost inconceivable.]

:stephena:

I'd pay good money to see Abe actually have an emotional reaction to something that occurs in a sporting event.
denali4eva
Queen Bee

Post by denali4eva »

lettherebehouse wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

I've never been less of a football fan than I am right now.

[Note: This will change when the Vikings go 12 - 4 and reach the NFC Championship Game. I will cheer for them wildly at that point, only to see them lose in heartbreaking fashion that's almost inconceivable.]

:stephena:

I'd pay good money to see Abe actually have an emotional reaction to something that occurs in a sporting event.
I'd pay good money to see him actually have an emotional reaction to something that occurs in his life, PERIOD! :clap:
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

Kingcarl24 wrote:Seahawks vs who in the Super Bowl? Maybe they'll meet the 49ers in the NFC championsh..... Hahahaha. I almost said it with a straight face.
Dude, don't kick us while we're down, that's just rude
jordanzone
constitutionnomore

Post by jordanzone »

..just like every year, I'm always ready for the next season the day after the Superbowl...HOF next month, fantasy draft coupled with preseason...it can never get here soon enough...
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

I've been watching Ballers just because its about football
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
WeaponX20
All-Star

Post by WeaponX20 »

I am.. Phuckin a