72%
No
28%

Total votes: 25

americaninfidel
All-Time Great

Do you play video games?

Post by americaninfidel »

I've always considered video games something kids do, and I've looked down on adults who play (I'm talking about playing routinely, on your own and not with your own kids.)

So, do you?
Fear is the mind killer. We are not afraid.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Re: Do you play video games?

Post by elmouse03 »

I do sometimes. Pre-ordered nba 2k16 so I can whoop up on your spurs on a regular basis. :P

I mostly get sports games. Don't get them every year like I used to when I was younger like Madden
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

No. About 20 years ago or something like that, I played Super Mario and got a little too enthusiastic. I eventually freed the princess - and haven't played since. My kids, especially two of my boys, play much more than I would like, but I guess there are worse habits.
swampgator
All-Time Great

Post by swampgator »

I occasionally play a hidden object game at work when I'm bored. Does that count?
americaninfidel
All-Time Great

swampgator wrote:I occasionally play a hidden object game at work when I'm bored. Does that count?
Not really, and I didn't word the question the way I meant it. I'm talking about grown people who play video games for hours at a time, the way kids do. I still consider video games child's play.
LoneGranger

Post by LoneGranger »

Not much, but it depends on the game. I love to read, so if a game can provide a good story, I may bite. As well, with sports, you get some buddies together and it can be fun. I don't buy that BS that games are just for kids. They don't just make games for geeks and children.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Yea I do. I'm in my mid 20s.

Not a crazy amount but enough to say it's a habit.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

Lone Granger wrote:Not much, but it depends on the game. I love to read, so if a game can provide a good story, I may bite. As well, with sports, you get some buddies together and it can be fun. I don't buy that BS that games are just for kids. They don't just make games for geeks and children.
exactly. Some video games are not meant for children these days.
Incognito
All-Time Great

Post by Incognito »

Every day.
swampgator
All-Time Great

Post by swampgator »

My pops still plays video games (1st person shooters usually).
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

I don't but I see nothing wrong with it. Don't really the difference between an adult playing a game for 1-2 hours a night as opposed to watching tv for 1-2 hours a night.
somberbostonian
All-Time Great

Post by somberbostonian »

Don't play as much as I used to. But every now and then, I'll pick up the latest NBA, FIFA, GTA or Metal Gear game. The newest Mortal Kombat game is fun. I don't own any of the current gen consoles yet, but plan on getting one soon enough.
PoLIEtics is for gay fags.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

somberbostonian wrote:Don't play as much as I used to. But every now and then, I'll pick up the latest NBA, FIFA, GTA or Metal Gear game. The newest Mortal Kombat game is fun. I don't own any of the current gen consoles yet, but plan on getting one soon enough.
I'm too cheap to get an Xbox 1, PS4, etc.
somberbostonian
All-Time Great

elmouse03 wrote:
somberbostonian wrote:Don't play as much as I used to. But every now and then, I'll pick up the latest NBA, FIFA, GTA or Metal Gear game. The newest Mortal Kombat game is fun. I don't own any of the current gen consoles yet, but plan on getting one soon enough.
I didn't get a PS3 or Wii until almost 3 years after they came out. I'll probably wait for some discounted bundle deals this time around also.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

somberbostonian wrote:
elmouse03 wrote:
I didn't get a PS3 or Wii until almost 3 years after they came out. I'll probably wait for some discounted bundle deals this time around also.
Me too. I bought the 360 when it first came out.
americaninfidel
All-Time Great

Titan18 wrote:I don't but I see nothing wrong with it. Don't really the difference between an adult playing a game for 1-2 hours a night as opposed to watching tv for 1-2 hours a night.
This seems like a reasonable answer. Maybe I should reconsider my disdain.
swampgator
All-Time Great

Post by swampgator »

I found newer MK games to be extremely difficult years ago when I tried them. I forget which one I have on my paperweight 360, but it was hard to get into because I sucked.
somberbostonian
All-Time Great

swampgator wrote:
I found newer MK games to be extremely difficult years ago when I tried them. I forget which one I have on my paperweight 360, but it was hard to get into because I sucked.
The 3D games were hard to get into. But I'd say MK9 and MKX are the best in the series at striking the balance between providing accessibility to casual players and nuanced gameplay for the more hardcore.
swampgator
All-Time Great

Post by swampgator »

somberbostonian wrote:
swampgator wrote:
The 3D games were hard to get into. But I'd say MK9 and MKX are the best in the series at striking the balance between providing accessibility to casual players and nuanced gameplay for the more hardcore.
I just looked. I have MK9 on the 360. I used to kill it on MKII (3) with Shang Sung.
Master Spade
Hall of Famer

Post by Master Spade »

Not nearly as much as I used to. But that is more the result of the fact that there seems to be a Huge, Long, Drought as far as Good Games go.

I started back in the Atari/Coleco Vision days when I was a kid. Also the Arcade days. Now, I still have the:

Super Ninetendo
Nintendo 64
Nintendo Gamecube
XBOX
XBOX 360

I haven't purchased the Newer Systems simply because they have ZERO games that I want/need to play! Up until this Generation, when the newer ones were being released, you had to buy the new one for all the games it already had, and you HAD to play!! But not anymore...... :noidea: Their Loss of $$$

-------BTW OP, what games have you played, that you can say you don't like Video Games? Maybe you simply haven't played the good one?

:noidea:
I would rather DIE Standing on my Feet, than Live Life on my Knees!!