Talk about anything here.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Re: Durant or Curry?

Post by LNS »

876Stephen wrote:
LakersNeedShaq wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
Yes, I did say that. I was curious if people would overreact to Curry's MVP and championship, because people often do. You know what's ironic about this entire thing?

Nobody of note chose Curry over Durant (as you have pointed it, it was only trolls), but you claimed that Curry wasn't his team's best player in the Finals because he wasn't voted FMVP.

How is saying that any different than saying "Curry is better than Durant because he won MVP this season and Durant didn't, so Curry should be the choice over Durant."

The point of this thread was to see if people would overreact to voted upon awards and team accomplishments, and you did exactly that, albeit not in the way I initially intended.

How many beers have you had so far?

Durant barely even player this season. So yes, there's a massive difference between saying Iggy was the best player in the Finals because he won FMVP, over saying Curry is better than Durant because he won MVP and Durant didn't.

Next
If anything you hold that against Durant. He barely played this year and the thunder still almost made the playoffs in the west

That doesn't happen with the warriors and curry.

Is this more hypothetical nonsense?

Not interested.

876Stephen
Fantasy Football Champ

Post by 876Stephen »

LakersNeedShaq wrote:
876Stephen wrote:
LakersNeedShaq wrote:

I watched the series and I saw Iggy win FMVP over Curry. I also saw Lebron almost win it over Curry, so either way someone not named Curry was winning the FMVP.

When did I ever say the Warriors weren't built around Curry, by the way? You keep seeing my facts as an insult, which proves how sensitive this subject makes you.
Iggy winning fmvp is fact. It doesn't mean he necessarily deserved it though. Just the cause the media says he ways doesn't make that the truth. Try thinking for yourself for a change.

Lol so because some biased Curry blower thinks Iggy didn't deserve it over Curry, I'm supposed to believe her over the voters?

What exactly would they be gaining by voting for Iggy? Are they all secretly Iggy fans? Was it some conspiracy to prevent Curry from winning the award?

You say "think for yourself" and then expect me to agree with you? Try again, homer.
The same curry blower who has repeatedly stated in this thread that durant is significant;y better than curry when healthy?

Just stop please dude. You can accuse me of loving curry which i do but i can easily accuse you of hating curry, which you obviously do.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

rtiff68 wrote:
LakersNeedShaq wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
Yes, I did say that. I was curious if people would overreact to Curry's MVP and championship, because people often do. You know what's ironic about this entire thing?

Nobody of note chose Curry over Durant (as you have pointed it, it was only trolls), but you claimed that Curry wasn't his team's best player in the Finals because he wasn't voted FMVP.

How is saying that any different than saying "Curry is better than Durant because he won MVP this season and Durant didn't, so Curry should be the choice over Durant."

The point of this thread was to see if people would overreact to voted upon awards and team accomplishments, and you did exactly that, albeit not in the way I initially intended.

Durant barely even player this season. So yes, there's a massive difference between saying Iggy was the best player in the Finals because he won FMVP, over saying Curry is better than Durant because he won MVP and Durant didn't.

Next
Are you serious?

Kevin Durant is the 2nd best player in the league, and he's a better basketball player than Stephen Curry. Curry winning MVP this season doesn't "prove" he's better than Durant any more than Andre Iguodala winning FMVP "proves" that he was the best Warrior in the Finals.

Give me a break, man.

*Just opened beer #3, for the record. Making a warm crab dip bruschetta while posting. I wish I could go outside-- it's 108 right now, and my pool is 97.

Of course I'm serious, and I'm correct. The voters aren't idiots, and I'm supposed to believe that what? They got swept up in Iggy Mania??

And your Durant point was abysmal. I mean logically, you can conclude that Curry winning MVP over Durant means he had a better season, and that factually accurate. Just like Iggy winning FMVP can factually prove that he had a better series than Curry.

Is Iggy better than Curry as a result? No.
Is Curry better than Durant as a result? No.

Pretty cut and dried, TBH.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

876Stephen wrote:
LakersNeedShaq wrote:
876Stephen wrote:
Iggy winning fmvp is fact. It doesn't mean he necessarily deserved it though. Just the cause the media says he ways doesn't make that the truth. Try thinking for yourself for a change.

Lol so because some biased Curry blower thinks Iggy didn't deserve it over Curry, I'm supposed to believe her over the voters?

What exactly would they be gaining by voting for Iggy? Are they all secretly Iggy fans? Was it some conspiracy to prevent Curry from winning the award?

You say "think for yourself" and then expect me to agree with you? Try again, homer.
The same curry blower who has repeatedly stated in this thread that durant is significant;y better than curry when healthy?

Just stop please dude. You can accuse me of loving curry which i do but i can easily accuse you of hating curry, which you obviously do.

You chose Durant over Curry because only a slobbering retard would actually pick Curry over KD (see: Madnesss, Dorian, Believer alt account).

Saying "Iggy had the better series because he won FMVP" isn't hate, it's a fact.

Try again, sweetheart.
876Stephen
Fantasy Football Champ

Post by 876Stephen »

LakersNeedShaq wrote:
876Stephen wrote:
LakersNeedShaq wrote:

Next
If anything you hold that against Durant. He barely played this year and the thunder still almost made the playoffs in the west

Not interested.

It is a fact, the Thunder were a game away from making the playoffs without their mvp playing most of the year. The year before the Thunder won 59 games in the west despite this years mvp candidate westbrook missing 36 games that year.

What does that say about those 2 players that their teams can be so successful without them on the court? And yet neither has been able to win a title when they both play together.
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

LakersNeedShaq wrote:
876Stephen wrote:
LakersNeedShaq wrote:

Next

Not interested.

If we're going "just by the facts"...

Remember when you said that this Warriors team wasn't an All Time great team (I'm not saying they necessarily are, just repeating what you said)?

No Lakers team with Shaq or Kobe or both ever won more than 67 games (they matched it once, with Shaq and Kobe on the roster) and finished top 2 statistically in offense AND defense.

So, going by "just the facts" (removing all context, common sense, etc.), this Warriors team was better than any Laker team since the Magic/Kareem days. In addition, if MVPs matter THAT much, then Kobe and Shaq shouldn't be top 10 all time players, because one MVP each over the course of 15+ year careers isn't particularly impressive.

All of the above is ridiculous, btw-- just like your myopic "just the facts" take in regards to Iggy's FMVP.
Last edited by rtiff68 on Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Lol @ these Curry slobbers getting their panties in a twist because I said Iggy had the better Finals series!

Did I even once say Iggy is better than Curry? Nope.

Did I say Curry sucks? Is overrated? Nope.

Are they sensitive? Yep.

:laugh3:
876Stephen
Fantasy Football Champ

Post by 876Stephen »

LakersNeedShaq wrote:
876Stephen wrote:
LakersNeedShaq wrote:

You chose Durant over Curry because only a slobbering retard would actually pick Curry over KD (see: Madnesss, Dorian, Believer alt account).

Saying "Iggy had the better series because he won FMVP" isn't hate, it's a fact.

Try again, sweetheart.
That's such terribly flawed logic. Iggy had a betters series then Lebron too? After all Lebron didn't win fmvp but Iggy did.

Your a goddamn idiot if you really believe that.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

rtiff68 wrote:
LakersNeedShaq wrote:
876Stephen wrote:

Not interested.

Remember when you said that this Warriors team wasn't an All Time great time (I'm not saying they necessarily are, just repeating what you said)?

No Lakers team with Shaq or Kobe or both ever won more than 67 games (they matched it once, with Shaq and Kobe on the roster) and finished top 2 statistically in offense AND defense.

So, going by "just the facts" (removing all context, common sense, etc.), this Warriors team was better than any Laker team since the Magic/Kareem days. In addition, if MVPs matter THAT much, then Kobe and Shaq shouldn't be top 10 all time players, because one MVP each over the course of 15+ year careers isn't particularly impressive.

All of the above is ridiculous, btw-- just like your myopic "just the facts" take in regards to Iggy's FMVP.

If that's the logic you want to use, then have at it. You're making extreme stretches, talking about All Time this and that, when all I said was that the FMVP was the best player in the Finals (I mean imagine that?).

Try again.
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

LakersNeedShaq wrote:
876Stephen wrote:
LakersNeedShaq wrote:

Try again, sweetheart.
Based upon what, other than "people who voted FMVP said so?"

Again, I'm not suggesting that Iggy was undeserving of the award, considering the criteria people typically use when voting; rather, I'm challenging the notion that winning the award "proved" that Iggy was the best/most valuable Warrior that series.
elmerjfudd
The Lurker

Post by elmerjfudd »

876Stephen wrote:
LakersNeedShaq wrote:
876Stephen wrote:

Not interested.

It is a fact, the Thunder were a game away from making the playoffs without their mvp playing most of the year. The year before the Thunder won 59 games in the west despite this years mvp candidate westbrook missing 36 games that year.

What does that say about those 2 players that their teams can be so successful without them on the court? And yet neither has been able to win a title when they both play together.
How is missing the playoffs a success`
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

876Stephen wrote:
LakersNeedShaq wrote:
876Stephen wrote:

Try again, sweetheart.
That's such terribly flawed logic. Iggy had a betters series then Lebron too? After all Lebron didn't win fmvp but Iggy did.

Your a goddamn idiot if you really believe that.

They haven't given the FMVP to a player on the losing team since like 1969 or some year close to that. They weren't about to break prescedent now. So they gave it to the next best player, which was Iggy. I mean, they almost gave it to Lebron anyway, TBH.

:yawning:

You're making this too easy.
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

LakersNeedShaq wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
LakersNeedShaq wrote:

Not interested.

Remember when you said that this Warriors team wasn't an All Time great time (I'm not saying they necessarily are, just repeating what you said)?

If that's the logic you want to use, then have at it. You're making extreme stretches, talking about All Time this and that, when all I said was that the FMVP was the best player in the Finals (I mean imagine that?).

Try again.
So, in your estimation, whoever wins FMVP is the best player on said team in those Finals, period, paragraph, nothing else matters?

Just looking for clarification...
876Stephen
Fantasy Football Champ

Post by 876Stephen »

elmerjfudd wrote:
876Stephen wrote:
LakersNeedShaq wrote:

Not interested.

Missing their mvp from the previous year for 45 games, westbrook missed 15 games this year and they came within a game of making the playoffs. Facing that kind of adversity, the season had to be considered a success.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

rtiff68 wrote:
LakersNeedShaq wrote:
876Stephen wrote:

Try again, sweetheart.

Again, I'm not suggesting that Iggy was undeserving of the award, considering the criteria people typically use when voting; rather, I'm challenging the notion that winning the award "proved" that Iggy was the best/most valuable Warrior that series.

Take it up with the NBA's front office, bro. I can't help your confusion on the matter. Iggy was your FMVP, until otherwise noted. Do you know what F.M.V.P. stands for?

There you have it.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

rtiff68 wrote:
LakersNeedShaq wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:

Try again.
So, in your estimation, whoever wins FMVP is the best player on said team in those Finals, period, paragraph, nothing else matters?

Just looking for clarification...

For that series? Yes.

Was Worthy better than Magic when he won his FMVP? Yes.

Does that mean he's better than Magic? No.

I mean, you can go throughout NBA history and find lesser players who elevated their games for a series and won FMVP over a superior player.

Very simple, TBH.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

876Stephen wrote:
elmerjfudd wrote:
876Stephen wrote:

Missing their mvp from the previous year for 45 games, westbrook missed 15 games this year and they came within a game of making the playoffs. Facing that kind of adversity, the season had to be considered a success.

Almost making the PO's isn't a success, no. I mean lol wtf??
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

LakersNeedShaq wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
LakersNeedShaq wrote:

Try again, sweetheart.

Take it up with the NBA's front office, bro. I can't help your confusion on the matter. Iggy was your FMVP, until otherwise noted. Do you know what F.M.V.P. stands for?

There you have it.
So you're saying that Malone and Nash were better players than Jordan and Kobe respectively, those years?

Got it.

I disagree with you.
876Stephen
Fantasy Football Champ

Post by 876Stephen »

LakersNeedShaq wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
LakersNeedShaq wrote:

Try again, sweetheart.

There you have it.
So everyone has to automatically agree with it? People cant have dissenting opinions? The voters themselves disagreed. Some voted lebron for mvp in that series? You act like because iggy won it, that's cut and dry he was the best player. Like i said that's flawed logic and not thinking for yourself, especially since you haven't actually made an argument for yourself for iggy winning it. You just take the media's word for it because your a sheep.

If you want i'll make the case for you, why iggy should have won fmvp.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

rtiff68 wrote:
LakersNeedShaq wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:

There you have it.
So you're saying that Malone and Nash were better players than Jordan and Kobe respectively, those years?

Got it.

I disagree with you.

It was a collection of things; such as team record, stats (close, if not lopsided one way or the other), etc.

You're trying desperately to get me to switch gears or trip up on my own logic, but I don't work that way, bubba.

Iggy had the better series and won FMVP for his efforts. Not sure why you and that chick 876 are pulling your hair out over it.