Durant or Curry?

Talk about anything here.
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Durant or Curry?

Post by rtiff68 »

You're a GM, and you have your choice of either player right now, all things considered.

Which one do you choose?
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Re: Durant or Curry?

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Durant.
876Stephen
Fantasy Football Champ

Post by 876Stephen »

Healthy Durant is still the 2nd best player in the league. Then Davis, then Curry at 4.
elmerjfudd
The Lurker

Post by elmerjfudd »

Even not knowing Durant's current situation I would easily take my chances with that over Curry.

The difference between the Durant and the 3rd best SF is a huge difference and its much larger 4-10
Bartman
Hall of Famer

Post by Bartman »

Durant. More complete game. Better defender. Can post up and take it to the hole. Blocks shots, rebounds, etc.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Durant
876Stephen
Fantasy Football Champ

Post by 876Stephen »

It is funny though. Neither Durant, Westbrook or Harden have rings despite playing with much more talented players than Curry has ever had. Heck they all played with each other and still couldn't win anything. Not to mention they have all been playing with great teams, pretty much from the start of their career while Curry didn't really even have a good team around him until 2 years ago and look what he's done.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

876Stephen wrote:It is funny though. Neither Durant, Westbrook or Harden have rings despite playing with much more talented players than Curry has ever had. Heck they all played with each other and still couldn't win anything. Not to mention they have all been playing with great teams, pretty much from the start of their career while Curry didn't really even have a good team around him until 2 years ago and look what he's done.

Curry didn't even win FMVP. So I think his teammates did just fine,TBH.
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

I would take Durant, as well.

This thread was kind of an experiment: I was wondering if anyone would take Curry-- and, if so, how many people would.

One year ago, this comparison wouldn't have even been entertained-- it would have been universally Durant, without question. Considering the fact that Durant's injury shouldn't be career threatening, there really isn't much of a difference between what Steph and Durant are as basketball players right now as opposed to a year ago...

...that said, the allure of "championships" and "MVPs" can twist perceptions in a hurry. That doesn't seem to be the case here, though.
Last edited by rtiff68 on Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WeaponX20
All-Star

Post by WeaponX20 »

Love steph.. His Davidson run was the sheeiiit.

Id Def take KD though.
876Stephen
Fantasy Football Champ

Post by 876Stephen »

LakersNeedShaq wrote:
876Stephen wrote:It is funny though. Neither Durant, Westbrook or Harden have rings despite playing with much more talented players than Curry has ever had. Heck they all played with each other and still couldn't win anything. Not to mention they have all been playing with great teams, pretty much from the start of their career while Curry didn't really even have a good team around him until 2 years ago and look what he's done.

Curry won lose sleep over that though. It's like Worthy winning fmvp that one year over Magic or Parker winning it in 07. It's a nice story that Iggy and i'm very happy he did. He deserved that moment. But everyone and their grandma knows who the best and most valuable player on the warriors is.
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

Max. wrote:
Lets not pretend the Warriors aren't stacked. Because they are. And you should be happy about that.
The Warriors are the deepest team in the league, and their core is young-- I am absolutely thrilled about that.

That said, what 876 said is true: Curry has never played with someone as good as Westbrook, Harden, a prime Wade, etc. Take that for whatever it's worth.
876Stephen
Fantasy Football Champ

Post by 876Stephen »

Max. wrote:
Lets not pretend the Warriors aren't stacked. Because they are. And you should be happy about that.
We are extremely stacked, no doubt. But in terms of high end talent, the teams Curry has had don't compare to Durant, Westbrook, Harden etc.

But like i said, Curry is definetely 4th though. Cant make an argument for him over those other guys.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

876Stephen wrote:
LakersNeedShaq wrote:

Curry won lose sleep over that though. It's like Worthy winning fmvp that one year over Magic or Parker winning it in 07. It's a nice story that Iggy and i'm very happy he did. He deserved that moment. But everyone and their grandma knows who the best and most valuable player on the warriors is.

Why would Curry lose sleep over it? No one even suggested that.

But to think "it was all Curry" is retarded. He had great teammates, that's a fact.
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

LakersNeedShaq wrote:
876Stephen wrote:
LakersNeedShaq wrote:

But to think "it was all Curry" is retarded. He had great teammates, that's a fact.
Here's an interesting question: who had the better supporting cast, Kobe (during the post Shaq back-to-back) or Curry?

Both teams were considered to be excellent supporting casts, but also only had one All Star (Pau and Klay) outside of their respective best players...
876Stephen
Fantasy Football Champ

Post by 876Stephen »

LakersNeedShaq wrote:
876Stephen wrote:
LakersNeedShaq wrote:

Never said it was all Curry. Like of been saying, healthy durant is still without question the 2nd best player in the nba though. But people will use iggy winning fmvp against Curry which is what you did just now it seems and that's 100% wrong.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

rtiff68 wrote:
LakersNeedShaq wrote:
876Stephen wrote:

Here's an interesting question: who had the better supporting cast, Kobe (during the post Shaq back-to-back) or Curry?

Both teams were considered to be excellent supporting casts, but also only had one All Star (Pau and Klay) outside of their respective best players...

I didn't find it interesting at all, TBH.

I mean who cares? :noidea:

I never claimed Kobe had a bad team around him.
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

Max. wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
LakersNeedShaq wrote:

Warriors
...is it a slam dunk (no pun intended), in your opinion?

Pau Gasol (Lakers version) or Klay Thompson?

Lamar Odom or Harrison Barnes?

Draymond Green or Ron Artest?

Andrew Bogut or Andrew Bynum?

I think it's an interesting comparison.
876Stephen
Fantasy Football Champ

Post by 876Stephen »

Max. wrote:
876Stephen wrote:
Max. wrote:
We are extremely stacked, no doubt. But in terms of high end talent, the teams Curry has had don't compare to Durant, Westbrook, Harden etc.

But like i said, Curry is definetely 4th though. Cant make an argument for him over those other guys.
I think they compare. GS isn't weak at any position. And they've got something that every team needs to be successful. Chemistry. Every guy knows his role and doesn't overstep. That's pretty hard to come by in the association.
They also have a coach that does a great job of maximizing players strengths and making adjustments. So Curry does have better coaching as well.

Curry has probably had deeper teams, but im talking high end, all star/superstar talent. Heck Durant has played his entire career with a player some think is better than Curry himself in Westbrook. That's pretty ridiculous.
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

LakersNeedShaq wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
LakersNeedShaq wrote:

I didn't find it interesting at all, TBH.

I mean who cares? :noidea:

I never claimed Kobe had a bad team around him.
It was just a question to generate to discussion, I never suggested that you claimed anything, bro.

"Who cares?" could be the answer to damn near every thread started on this board, if you have zero interest in comparing players/teams and discussing hypotheticals (trades, teams, match-ups, etc.).