Can someone direct me to a band from THIS generation even half as good as these guys were...?

Talk about anything here.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Re: Can someone direct me to a band from THIS generation even half as good as these guys were..

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

rileymartin wrote:
thedangerouskitchen wrote:
rileymartin wrote:Hopefully this is the OP's attempt at pointing out how very badly today's music is compared to mediocre bands of the 70's and 80's.

I might agree that by today's standards J. Geils band is pretty good, but they are mediocre at best from their era. Basically a cover band for most of their careers, with a few generic hits during the MTV generation.

I never claimed anything about how good J. Geils was relative to their era... and the music you heard on MTV is probably the WORST stuff they came out with anyway.

MTV... really???

:L
The generic MTV shit was the only thing that anyone ever cared about from them. This is definitely a band that, without the teeny boppers from the MTV generation, would be completely irrelevant. Just not that good.
People who cite MTV as any sort of standard for great music are, quite frankly, clueless. I'll bet you think the only good music is the music you hear on the radio, eh?

"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Re: Can someone direct me to a band from THIS generation even half as good as these guys were..

Post by rileymartin »

rileymartin wrote:

I never claimed anything about how good J. Geils was relative to their era... and the music you heard on MTV is probably the WORST stuff they came out with anyway.

MTV... really???

The generic MTV shit was the only thing that anyone ever cared about from them. This is definitely a band that, without the teeny boppers from the MTV generation, would be completely irrelevant. Just not that good.
People who cite MTV as any sort of standard for great music are, quite frankly, clueless. I'll bet you think the only good music is the music you hear on the radio, eh?

you can deflect all you want gramps, but, without MTV, you would probably be the only person to have ever heard of this shitty, irrelevant band. The fact that you drool over this kind of crap explains alot.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
Yeah. That's exactly what I said. Have a nice evening TDK. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.
Nice deflection, limp dick. Go to bed now, old man.

:lol:
This thread is a reflection of your life TDK. One MASSIVE deflection.
More deflections from limp dick (I must have hit a 'soft' spot, eh chump)?

Now tell us about all the great music of the present, limpy... stay on topic with the thread in other words, instead of obsessing over TDK.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

rileymartin wrote:
rileymartin wrote:

you can deflect all you want gramps, but, without MTV, you would probably be the only person to have ever heard of this shitty, irrelevant band. The fact that you drool over this kind of crap explains alot.
Deflect from what, idiot...? MTV is for simps like you, who have no idea what great music is.

vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
Nice deflection, limp dick. Go to bed now, old man.

Now tell us about all the great music of the present, limpy... stay on topic with the thread in other words, instead of obsessing over TDK.
Feeling sorry and a little disdain is very different from obsessing.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:

You're an obsessive bitch, Grizz... it's just that simple. Remember when you were on the plane with your girlfriend sitting next to you, and all you kept talking about was TDK?

:slapping:

Now, getting back to the topic: Since you're a man of the present, go ahead and direct me to some great music of today.

Can you do that, or do you just want to continue being my bitch?

:noidea:

vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:

You're an obsessive bitch, Grizz... it's just that simple. Remember when you were on the plane with your girlfriend sitting next to you, and all you kept talking about was TDK?

Now, getting back to the topic: Since you're a man of the present, go ahead and direct me to some great music of today.

My girlfriend also felt disdain with no prompting. You were a topic of discussion for about 2 minutes - maybe a little less.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:

My girlfriend also felt disdain with no prompting. You were a topic of discussion for about 2 minutes - maybe a little less.
BS... your girlfriend got up and walked away out of frustration because your dumb ass was on a message board obsessing over TDK, instead of paying attention to her... I mean, you've already devoted a half-dozen posts to me tonight alone, and THIS, an hour after you already said good night. I hope your girlfriend isn't waiting for you bub.

:lol: :L :roll:

Admit it Grizz... I'm inside your simple mind and THAT angers you.

That aside, how is your list of today's great music coming along?

vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

You couldn't possibly anger me TDK. Mildly amusing in a pathetic sort of way is as great an emotional reaction you could incite.

Music, like many things is incredibly subjective. If my dad were alive, he would think few could compare with Guy Lombardo. As a young man I was a huge fan of Dizzy Gillespie and Charlie Parker among other great jazz musicians but I would never claim my tastes were superior to someone else's.

I think Michael Connelly is the best crime novelist in the world. That and fifty cents a long time ago bought a cup of coffee.

Your views on everything 80s and 90s has more to do with your peaking in high school and hating life as an adult than anything in reality.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

Does anyone else read TDK's posts with a drunken slur. I seriously can't help but do it. It only sounds right that way.
ripper76
Accounts will be settled.

Post by ripper76 »

Rough night for number1lebronfan.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

Personally I never cared for that particular band. What I do find to be amazing is how many bands that played during the 70's are still playing today. And how some of these bands still playing are not in the RNR HOF is beyond me.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

LoneGranger

Post by LoneGranger »

Max. wrote:
Havlicekstealsit wrote:
Anyone who doesn't think that's satire annoys me.
I don't think it's satire.

You annoyed with me?

I win.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

vcsgrizzfan wrote:You couldn't possibly anger me TDK.
Oh, I dunno... I never address you or your posts, yet you constantly throw unprovoked and unsolicited shots at me; this thread is a prime example. People who do that usually have some major insecurities.

I'm inside your head simp. You're my bitch, you know it, and that bothers you. That much is clear.

vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Oh, I dunno... I never address you or your posts, yet you constantly throw unprovoked and unsolicited shots at me; this thread is a prime example. People who do that usually have some major insecurities.

I'm inside your head simp. You're my bitch, you know it, and that bothers you. That much is clear.
You are such a loser. At your age, you think you have 'bitches' on a message board? Seriously dude, this place seems to be the highlight of your life and well...
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

vcsgrizzfan wrote:

You are such a loser. At your age, you think you have 'bitches' on a message board? Seriously dude, this place seems to be the highlight of your life and well...
:roll:
Again... YOU reply to my posts / threads, YOU throw out unprovoked / unsolicited shots at me, and YOU follow me around like a shadow.

Yes Grizz... you ARE my bitch. Now go run and tell your girlfriend all about TDK.

kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

There's no one on this board that I feel worse for than TDK. It's not a coincidence that ever since a few years ago he talks about his personal life less than anyone here.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Kobeunderbite wrote:There's no one on this board that I feel worse for than TDK. It's not a coincidence that ever since a few years ago he talks about his personal life less than anyone here.
I have never discussed my personal life with you idiots. Your purpose on this board is to entertain me, nothing more. Period.

Now... how about sticking to the topic at hand?

Can't any one of you bitches stick to the topic at hand?

kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

Kobeunderbite wrote:There's no one on this board that I feel worse for than TDK. It's not a coincidence that ever since a few years ago he talks about his personal life less than anyone here.
I have never discussed my personal life with you idiots. Your purpose on this board is to entertain me, nothing more. Period.

Now... how about sticking to the topic at hand?

Can't any one of you bitches stick to the topic at hand?

Those of us who remember that late night conversation you had with Airmen know why you don't discuss your personal life. And sometimes, you just try too hard.