Can someone direct me to a band from THIS generation even half as good as these guys were...?

Talk about anything here.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Can someone direct me to a band from THIS generation even half as good as these guys were...?

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

[youtube]6YCal82alH8[/youtube]
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
swampgator
All-Time Great

Re: Can someone direct me to a band from THIS generation even half as good as these guys were..

Post by swampgator »

thedangerouskitchen wrote:[youtube]6YCal82alH8[/youtube]
I sincerely hope that you were a kid when they were semi popular. Otherwise, it makes sense how you post.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Re: Can someone direct me to a band from THIS generation even half as good as these guys were..

swampgator wrote:
I sincerely hope that you were a kid when they were semi popular. Otherwise, it makes sense how you post.
No one cares about your hopes and dream, slappy...

Can you direct me to band from THIS generation even half as good as J. Geils?

If not get lost.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
swampgator
All-Time Great

Post by swampgator »

thedangerouskitchen wrote:
swampgator wrote:

If not get lost.
Yes, I could easily. Good luck with this thread, buddy.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

swampgator wrote:
swampgator wrote:

If not get lost.
Yes, I could easily. Good luck with this thread, buddy.
No, you can't... otherwise you would have done so by now.

:asskicking:

vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

The OP only ever lives in the past and romanticizes it to ridiculous extremes. Has adulthood been that awful to you?
Y2K
One Mizzou. Then. Now. Always.

Post by Y2K »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:The OP only ever lives in the past and romanticizes it to ridiculous extremes. Has adulthood been that awful to you?
:booker: :booker: :booker: :booker:

I'm a baaaddd motherfucker!!
swampgator
All-Time Great

Post by swampgator »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:The OP only ever lives in the past and romanticizes it to ridiculous extremes. Has adulthood been that awful to you?
This op is a weird dude.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Excuse me George, but if you can't address the question then kindly take your bum hip and limp dick and scram.
Last edited by thedangerouskitchen on Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

swampgator wrote:
This op is a weird dude.
Says the idiot who follows me around like a shadow.

:L

rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Hopefully this is the OP's attempt at pointing out how very badly today's music is compared to mediocre bands of the 70's and 80's.

I might agree that by today's standards J. Geils band is pretty good, but they are mediocre at best from their era. Basically a cover band for most of their careers, with a few generic hits during the MTV generation.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

rileymartin wrote:Hopefully this is the OP's attempt at pointing out how very badly today's music is compared to mediocre bands of the 70's and 80's.

I might agree that by today's standards J. Geils band is pretty good, but they are mediocre at best from their era. Basically a cover band for most of their careers, with a few generic hits during the MTV generation.

I never claimed anything about how good J. Geils was relative to their era... and the music you heard on MTV is probably the WORST stuff they came out with anyway.

MTV... really???

vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Excuse me George, but if you can't address the question then kindly take your bum hip and limp dick and scram.
I live in the present. And in the present, life is pretty good. You should try it sometime. Oh, and in the present, you wish you were in half as good physical condition as I am. I guess there's a reason you rue the passing of the 80s and 90s. Sad to peak in high school.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
I live in the present.
So you don't listen to music that came out pre 2015, eh dumb ass?

:slapping:

thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
I live in the present.

...and BTW... since you live in the present then you should have no problem directing me to a band from today that's half as good as J. Geils.

vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
I live in the present.

Yeah. That's exactly what I said. Have a nice evening TDK. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
I live in the present.

Yeah. That's exactly what I said. Have a nice evening TDK. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.
Nice deflection, limp dick. Go to bed now, old man.

:lol:

rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

rileymartin wrote:Hopefully this is the OP's attempt at pointing out how very badly today's music is compared to mediocre bands of the 70's and 80's.

I never claimed anything about how good J. Geils was relative to their era... and the music you heard on MTV is probably the WORST stuff they came out with anyway.

MTV... really???

The generic MTV shit was the only thing that anyone ever cared about from them. This is definitely a band that, without the teeny boppers from the MTV generation, would be completely irrelevant. Just not that good.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:

Nice deflection, limp dick. Go to bed now, old man.

:lol:
This thread is a reflection of your life TDK. One MASSIVE deflection.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »