The Universe

Talk about anything here.
CleveTown™
Three-Time Fantasy Champion King

The Universe

Post by CleveTown™ »

Some things to talk about:

Do you believe that the universe is infinite?

Some believe it is finite. But if it is finite, and the universe as we know is expanding, what then is it expanding in to?

Still, others believe the universe is actually a box of mirrors, with the edges folding around as a sphere and reflecting the light off the relatively few galaxies that exist creating a "box of mirrors" effect.

What do you believe?
October 16th, 2020. Thank you Pastor John (P)
January 7th. (D)
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Re: The Universe

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
CleveTown™

Post by CleveTown™ »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:Image
Yes, I'm well aware of the vastness of space. Those filament and structures hold the galaxies and are expanding. But what lies beyond the universe that the universe is expanding into?

If the answer is that the universe is stretches in all directions for infinite, then the question is moot.
January 7th. (D)
CleveTown™

Post by CleveTown™ »

It's fun to ponder and talk about what God has made!
Last edited by CleveTown™ on Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
January 7th. (D)
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

CleveTown™ wrote:
Yes, I'm well aware of the vastness of space. Those filament and structures hold the galaxies and are expanding. But what lies beyond the universe that the universe is expanding into?

If the answer is that the universe is stretches in all directions for infinite, then the question is moot.
How are we supposed to know?

We can't even see anywhere near the current edges of the universe.
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
CleveTown™

Post by CleveTown™ »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:
CleveTown™ wrote:

I didn't ask for proof. I asked what your beliefs are about the size of the universe. Is it finite or infinite?
January 7th. (D)
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

I haven't seen any mathematical evidence to support the 'box of mirrors' idea.

the multiverse idea has some legs.

ultimately, the reality will likely be stranger than we can imagine.
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

CleveTown™ wrote:
LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:
CleveTown™ wrote: Yes, I'm well aware of the vastness of space. Those filament and structures hold the galaxies and are expanding. But what lies beyond the universe that the universe is expanding into?

I didn't ask for proof. I asked what your beliefs are about the size of the universe. Is it finite or infinite?
beliefs are irrelevant
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
CleveTown™

Post by CleveTown™ »

Shill Jackson wrote:I haven't seen any mathematical evidence to support the 'box of mirrors' idea.

the multiverse idea has some legs.

ultimately, the reality will likely be stranger than we can imagine.
I can go along with a multiverse. A sea infinitely big of bubbles of universes.

I can't wait when I go to heaven to be able to explore it all. It will be greater anything ever experienced.
January 7th. (D)
CleveTown™

Post by CleveTown™ »

Shill Jackson wrote:
CleveTown™ wrote:
LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:

beliefs are irrelevant
irrelevent to what? just to talk about? No. For hard proof to put into science text books? Yes.
January 7th. (D)
swampgator
All-Time Great

Post by swampgator »

dumb thread; step up your game since you are getting paid to post here
CleveTown™

Post by CleveTown™ »

swampgator wrote:dumb thread; step up your game since you are getting paid to post here
no. I am not going to sacrifice my relationship with God for yucks by speaking like an unbeliever. I'm a representative of Christ and need to start acting like it.
January 7th. (D)
Ghostown42
All-Time Great

Post by Ghostown42 »

CleveTown™ wrote:
swampgator wrote:dumb thread; step up your game since you are getting paid to post here
no. I am not going to sacrifice my relationship with God for yucks by speaking like an unbeliever. I'm a representative of Christ and need to start acting like it.
You really suck at that.
swampgator
All-Time Great

Post by swampgator »

CleveTown™ wrote:
post that shit on one of your other sites that you frequent; this board doesn't care
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:
CleveTown™ wrote:

People pretend to "know" God exists, and others pretend to "know" he/she/it doesn't. At the end of the day you're all idiots.
Last edited by thedangerouskitchen on Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
swampgator
All-Time Great

Post by swampgator »

thedangerouskitchen wrote:
LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:
CleveTown™ wrote: Yes, I'm well aware of the vastness of space. Those filament and structures hold the galaxies and are expanding. But what lies beyond the universe that the universe is expanding into?

People pretend to "know" God exists, and others pretend to "know" he doesn't. At the end of the day you're all idiots.
Cool that you are expanding out to other topics.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

swampgator wrote:
LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:
People pretend to "know" God exists, and others pretend to "know" he doesn't. At the end of the day you're all idiots.
...or I could just troll every thread, and post complete and utter nonsense that has nothing to do with the topic of said thread, like you.

:slapping:
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
swampgator
All-Time Great

Post by swampgator »

swampgator wrote:
...or I could just troll every thread, and post complete and utter nonsense that has nothing to do with the topic of said thread, like you.

:slapping:
You could do that, or you could stay the course and make multiple threads about Lebron.
CleveTown™

Post by CleveTown™ »

lol at swamp, et al. feeling threatened that I turned over a new leaf and won't be the entertaining Cleve I once was by name calling and being crass and useless idle banter. Too bad you guys don't matter enough to me, nor does anyone else for that matter, to get in my way of living a life for Christ the best way I can.
January 7th. (D)
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

The universe is really stinking big. I'll never understand it. Understanding it or not will not affect my view of life. Each one of us is completely irrelevant in the grand scheme of the universe but who cares? I have one life, just like an ant does, and I will do my level best to get the most out of that life and enjoy it to the fullest.