BREAKING: Supreme Court says same-sex couples have right to marry in all 50 states...

Talk about anything here.
CleveTown™
Three-Time Fantasy Champion King

Re: BREAKING: Supreme Court says same-sex couples have right to marry in all 50 states...

Post by CleveTown™ »

Kobeunderbite wrote:How much is your rent clevey and how many meters is your apt?
you wouldn't understand the Korean system.

It's different.

We don't pay rent. We pay everything up front, live rent free, then get the money back when we move out. It's called jeonse. Google it.

And I dont know how big our place is, it's not in sq feet.
October 16th, 2020. Thank you Pastor John (P)
January 7th. (D)
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Re: BREAKING: Supreme Court says same-sex couples have right to marry in all 50 states...

Post by rileymartin »

zombiesonics wrote:
Shill Jackson wrote:
zombiesonics wrote:
Hooray for bigger government!

Like I said, this is a state level issue not a federal one. This all about the gubmint sticking their nose where it doesn't belong and trying to expand their power.

Of course, homo liberals will celebrate because identity politics is all they care about. Now we can focus on give Bruce Gender an a TV show and banning the Confederate flag while the gubmint baits China and Russia into WWIII :L
It's not a state level issue. States do not have the power to trample the rights of the individual.
It's not Fed power, it's citizen power. You should celebrate.
Yes it is. It's called the United State's of America for a reason, genius.

America is supposed to be a conglomeration of 50 states, not a singularly controlled entity. The federal government only exists to be like a referee, to enforce the rules of the Constitution not make new ones. Now the fed uses the Constitution to vaguely tie them to overblown issues to further their own cause. If this the case, why do hate speech laws exist? How can anyone even talk about banning the Confederate flag, isn't that a violation of freedom of speech? It's all a scam.

At this point there's no reason for the federal government to exist of then to steal our money through taxes to fund unnecessary wars, spy on us, collude with corporations, bail out Wall Street, and promote disgusting agendas to dumb us down and pervert out minds.
So you are not for less government, you just want the power to be weilded a little differently.
CleveTown™

Post by CleveTown™ »

Genesis 19:24
January 7th. (D)
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

How much does your place cost you yearly and how many METERS? How many bedrooms?
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

rileymartin wrote:
So you are not for less government, you just want the power to be weilded a little differently.
Government has no power. Government only exists to represent the people.

When you give power to the government, today's America is what you get.
CleveTown™

Post by CleveTown™ »

Kobeunderbite wrote:How much does your place cost you yearly and how many METERS? How many bedrooms?
No. You are asking too much. And besides we go by pyeongs, not meters.
January 7th. (D)
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

CleveTown™ wrote:
Kobeunderbite wrote:How much does your place cost you yearly and how many METERS? How many bedrooms?

How many peyongs?

I'm just trying to confirm that you couldn't come close to affording my living situation.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

now Bush and Abe can finally tie the knot.
CleveTown™

Post by CleveTown™ »

Kobeunderbite wrote:
CleveTown™ wrote:

How many peyongs?

I'm just trying to confirm that you couldn't come close to affording my living situation.
Just stop it. Life is not about your living arrangements.
January 7th. (D)
Johnnyblazzed
Hall of Famer

Post by Johnnyblazzed »

Shill Jackson wrote:
zombiesonics wrote:
Shill Jackson wrote:SCOTUS knocking it outta the park lately.
Straight up ballin.

Like I said, this is a state level issue not a federal one. This all about the gubmint sticking their nose where it doesn't belong and trying to expand their power.

Of course, homo liberals will celebrate because identity politics is all they care about. Now we can focus on give Bruce Gender an a TV show and banning the Confederate flag while the gubmint baits China and Russia into WWIII :L
It's not a state level issue. States do not have the power to trample the rights of the individual.
Personally I think government should get out of the marriage business all together. I believe it was you had argued in the past why government should be involved, I just don't see the need.

Quick question, where does it state in the Constitution that marriage is a right?
CleveTown™

Post by CleveTown™ »

Johnnyblazzed wrote:
Shill Jackson wrote:
zombiesonics wrote:

Personally I think government should get out of the marriage business all together. I believe it was you had argued in the past why government should be involved, I just don't see the need.

Quick question, where does it state in the Constitution that marriage is a right?
many point to the 14 amendment.
January 7th. (D)
Johnnyblazzed
Hall of Famer

Post by Johnnyblazzed »

CleveTown™ wrote:
Johnnyblazzed wrote:
Shill Jackson wrote: It's not a state level issue. States do not have the power to trample the rights of the individual.

many point to the 14 amendment.

Didn't SCOTUS refer to the equal protection clause of the 14th amendment, not the citizen's rights? Meaning, marriage is still not considered a right. Anyhows, looks to be a misinterpretation of the intent of the 14th amendment.

Meh, government needs to get out of the marriage business regardless.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

zombiesonics wrote:
Shill Jackson wrote:
zombiesonics wrote:

America is supposed to be a conglomeration of 50 states, not a singularly controlled entity. The federal government only exists to be like a referee, to enforce the rules of the Constitution not make new ones. Now the fed uses the Constitution to vaguely tie them to overblown issues to further their own cause. If this is the case, why do hate speech laws exist? How can anyone even talk about banning the Confederate flag, isn't that a violation of freedom of speech? It's all a scam.

At this point there's no reason for the federal government to exist other then to steal our money through taxes to fund unnecessary wars, spy on us, collude with corporations, bail out Wall Street, and promote disgusting agendas to dumb us down and pervert our minds.
The evidence does not support your contention.
When states try to ignore the protections of the Constitution, it is the Fed's role to correct that.
For the same reason, there will be no ban on the Con-fed flag. Freedom of speech will prevail. You have the right to be racist. You'll just have to suffer the consequences.
While I don't agree with it, flag burning should remain permitted as well.
The Fed didn't make new rules. They prevented them.
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

zombiesonics wrote:
rileymartin wrote:

I see, so when the federal government says "hey, you can marry whover the fuck you want, we don't have the right to choose for you" you would prefer state government to step in and say no, you CANNOT marry whomever you want?

Seems a bit condradictory to me. If an Asian and a Croation want to get married, are you going to be OK with that, or do we need to run that by the State house too?
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Shill Jackson wrote:
zombiesonics wrote:
Shill Jackson wrote: It's not a state level issue. States do not have the power to trample the rights of the individual.

America is supposed to be a conglomeration of 50 states, not a singularly controlled entity. The federal government only exists to be like a referee, to enforce the rules of the Constitution not make new ones. Now the fed uses the Constitution to vaguely tie them to overblown issues to further their own cause. If this is the case, why do hate speech laws exist? How can anyone even talk about banning the Confederate flag, isn't that a violation of freedom of speech? It's all a scam.

At this point there's no reason for the federal government to exist other then to steal our money through taxes to fund unnecessary wars, spy on us, collude with corporations, bail out Wall Street, and promote disgusting agendas to dumb us down and pervert our minds.
When states try to ignore the protections of the Constitution, it is the Fed's role to correct that.
For the same reason, there will be no ban on the Con-fed flag. Freedom of speech will prevail. You have the right to be racist. You'll just have to suffer the consequences.
These conservative nutcases are quick to scream LESS GOVERNMENT, but then turn around and tell you how to live your life lol.
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

Shill Jackson wrote:
zombiesonics wrote:

Once again you're allowing the gay liberal agenda to cloud the true purpose of the government, which is exactly what these leeches want.

Marriage is not a right. There's a reason why I can't marry that 12 year old girl over there. Or are legal ages of consent as mandated by the STATE a violation of my individual rights. Where's muh federal gubmint????!??
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

zombiesonics wrote:
Shill Jackson wrote:
zombiesonics wrote:

Once again you're allowing the gay liberal agenda to cloud the true purpose of the government, which is exactly what these leeches want.

Marriage is not a right. There's a reason why I can't marry that 12 year old girl over there. Or are legal ages of consent as mandated by the STATE a violation of my individual rights. Where's muh federal gubmint????!??
Age of consent laws are in place to protect the individual rights of the minor.
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

rileymartin wrote:
zombiesonics wrote:
rileymartin wrote:

I see, so when the federal government says "hey, you can marry whover the fuck you want, we don't have the right to choose for you" you would prefer state government to step in and say no, you CANNOT marry whomever you want?

Seems a bit condradictory to me. If an Asian and a Croation want to get married, are you going to be OK with that, or do we need to run that by the State house too?
By you're not allowed to marry whoever the fuck you want. In every state in America, an adult can't marry anyone under 16. You also can't marry your sister (as long as you're west of the Mississippi and North of the Mason-Dixon line. Then maybe you have a chance).

These STATE laws are what enforce the age of consent and bans against incest. Since when can they tell me who I can and can't marry? Where's the federal government to protect my rights? I guess marriage rights only applies to the homo agenda.

:skip:
Last edited by zombiesonics on Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

Shill Jackson wrote:
zombiesonics wrote:
Shill Jackson wrote: The evidence does not support your contention.

Age of consent laws are in place to protect the individual rights of the minor.
LOL No it isn't. That's why a consenting minor isn't able to get married. You must be a certain age to have the right to consent.

It takes away rights from a minor for their own good.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

zombiesonics wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
zombiesonics wrote:

By you're not allowed to marry whoever the fuck you want. In every state in America, an adult can't marry anyone under 16. You also can't marry your sister (as long as you're west of the Mississippi and North of the Mason-Dixon line. Then maybe you have a chance).

These STATE laws are what enforce the age of consent and bans against incest. Since when can they tell me who I can and can't marry? Where's the federal government to protect my rights? I guess marriage rights only applies to the homo agenda.

:skip:
LOL, so you have decided to compare what 2 consenting adults want to do to adults and children?

Society decides. Just as society has decided that it ISN"T OK to prey on children, society has also decided that 2 consenting adults should be able to marry whomever they want.
No amount of bible thumping, or temper tantrums fron the right wing whackos are going to change that.
Unfortunately, these right wing wackos will go to great lengths to try to control you and tell you how to live your life...But...but...but the children lol.