Tonights dinner.

Talk about anything here.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Tonights dinner.

Post by Da Stars. »

One grilled chicken breast. Grilled veggies. Mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, green, yellow and red peppers. And brown rice.
manchild98
Hidden Member

Re: Tonights dinner.

Post by manchild98 »

I made a tuna pasta salad today and then we picked up a rotissiere chicken on the way home from the bar...possible hit or miss thunder showers so I decided not to grill some chicken. I'll also eat some yellow squash and zucchini.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Baked chicken breast, baked tomato, sautéed asparagus, hummus
Da Stars.

Post by Da Stars. »

LakersNeedShaq wrote:Baked chicken breast, baked tomato, sautéed asparagus, hummus
What is hummus?
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

As I just mentioned in Wailua's garden thread, I bought some bone-in ribeyes, and plan on topping them with an infused butter that I'm about to make right now.

We also have onion, bell peppers, asparagus, and potatoes-- I was planning on going all out, but my wife just got home from a bachelorette party in Vegas, so her stomach is on the ropes. If her appetite doesn't come around, we'll save that meal for tomorrow and just do leftovers or one of our frozen soups/stews instead.
Da Stars.

Post by Da Stars. »

rtiff68 wrote:As I just mentioned in Wailua's garden thread, I bought some bone-in ribeyes, and plan on topping them with an infused butter that I'm about to make right now.

We also have onion, bell peppers, asparagus, and potatoes-- I was planning on going all out, but my wife just got home from a bachelorette party in Vegas, so her stomach is on the ropes. If her appetite doesn't come around, we'll save that meal for tomorrow and just do leftovers or one of our frozen soups/stews instead.
Tell wifey poo next time to eat before getting drunk.
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

Da Stars. wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:As I just mentioned in Wailua's garden thread, I bought some bone-in ribeyes, and plan on topping them with an infused butter that I'm about to make right now.

Tell wifey poo next time to eat before getting drunk.
If you rage hard enough, it doesn't matter how much you eat beforehand.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Da Stars. wrote:
LakersNeedShaq wrote:Baked chicken breast, baked tomato, sautéed asparagus, hummus
What is hummus?

Basically it's a dip consisting of puréed chickpeas, olive oil, garlic, some lemon juice, etc. It's fantastic tasting but it's also high in iron and protein.

Da Stars.

Post by Da Stars. »

LakersNeedShaq wrote:
Da Stars. wrote:
What is hummus?

Basically it's a dip consisting of puréed chickpeas, olive oil, garlic, some lemon juice, etc. It's fantastic tasting but it's also high in iron and protein.

Never had it. Never heard of it.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Da Stars. wrote:
LakersNeedShaq wrote:
Da Stars. wrote:
What is hummus?

Never had it. Never heard of it.

That's not too surprising, actually.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

I don't like chumus very much, I find it dry. I'll have it with falafel/shawarma/schnitzel but not on its own or as an exclusive dip.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Kobeunderbite wrote:I don't like chumus very much, I find it dry. I'll have it with falafel/shawarma/schnitzel but not on its own or as an exclusive dip.

Think it depends where you get it. Store bought hummus is disgusting, IMO. I get mine from a really good restaurant out here called Persia. Costs about $7.50 and only last two days, but it's worth it.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Just went to TooJays
Onion soup and a burger..water
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

I get very fresh Israeli chumus and I'm still not a big fan.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

elartman1973 wrote:Just went to TooJays

lol @ you claiming to not have burgers often and then listing them as your meals and posting pics of you eating them all the time. Your diet is 30% burger you fat fucking cow.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Arty pounds burgers more than any poster here, and then later he'll claim not to have had one in years. Guy is an inveterate liar.
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

Kobeunderbite wrote:I get very fresh Israeli chumus and I'm still not a big fan.
Do you like it any better when it's been doctored up with roasted garlic, hot peppers, etc.?

I find hummus to be kind of a blank canvas (like tofu)-- it has a very mild flavor profile, and easily takes on the attributes of whatever you add to it.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Kobeunderbite wrote:
elartman1973 wrote:Just went to TooJays

lol @ you claiming to not have burgers often and then listing them as your meals and posting pics of you eating them all the time. Your diet is 30% burger you fat fucking cow.
I have a burger maybe 2-3 times a year wacko, today's one of the ddays.
fail much?
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

rtiff68 wrote:
Kobeunderbite wrote:I get very fresh Israeli chumus and I'm still not a big fan.
Do you like it any better when it's been doctored up with roasted garlic, hot peppers, etc.?

I find hummus to be kind of a blank canvas (like tofu)-- it has a very mild flavor profile, and easily takes on the attributes of whatever you add to it.
hummus is great.
Bought from a good Middle East place, or I make my own.

dinner-grilled chicken breast sammies, watermelon, cucumber salad from the garden
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**