Is a pending 2-4 Finals Record going to hurt Lebron's legacy even more?

Talk about anything here.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Re: Is a pending 2-4 Finals Record going to hurt Lebron's legacy even more?

Post by AlaskaHawks »

rtiff68 wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
Here's a question for you...

After Shaq and before Pau/Bynum, prime Kobe had some pretty lousy supporting casts around him, and his teams missed the playoffs once, and were bounced in the 1st round twice. For the sake of argument, let's say that those Kobe teams played in the east, and Kobe dragged their asses to the Finals 3 years in a row, only to be stomped all 3 times by an unquestionably superior team.

That would make Kobe's "Finals record" 5-4 instead of his current 5-2. If that had happened, would you consider his legacy to be lesser than it is right now because he "failed on the biggest stage so many more times?"
Does Kobe "Shit the bed" like LeBron did in 2 separate Finals series losses as well?
Let's say that Kobe quit in one of those hypothetical Finals the same way he quit against the Suns in the 1st round and the same way LeBron quit against the Celtics in the playoffs the year before he bolted to Miami...

In my opinion, they both quit in those respective series for the exact same reasons: they both knew that they were the best players on the floor, but the next 3-5 best players were all on the other team.
There is some merit/credit to making the Finals, but you have to look at the competition to decide if it's praiseworthy. I give LeBron some credit for his accomplishments, but no way in hell he would be in 5 Finals in the West.

As a quick side note, Kobe's Lakers losing to the Pistons and Celtics is universally held against him, especially by the same people on this board who are given LeBron a free Pass for his losses. Despite the fact that LeBron shit the bed 2 whole Finals series, and is shooting sub 40% in this one.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.