32%

Total votes: 19

sportswise1
All-Time Great

Re: better pure scorer: Kobe or LeBron

Post by sportswise1 »

elmouse03 wrote:
Max. wrote:Kobe.

I love Lebron, but he's basically T-Mac with better teammates.
:o

Thats gonna ruffle some feathers
not even remotely close to a good comparison
especially since those that know basketball all have Lebron asa top 1-15 all time player
McGrady not close behind (if even top 30-40)
sportswise1
sportswise1
All-Time Great

Post by sportswise1 »

Max. wrote:
sportswise1 wrote:
elmouse03 wrote: :o

especially since those that know basketball all have Lebron asa top 1-15 all time player
Can you please be serious for once and stop trolling?
so you don't think Lebron is atop 10-15 all time player? if not , tell us why (or even find a single site that says he's not)
why is that anywhere near a troll comment?

OK Max
no reply=no knowledge
Last edited by sportswise1 on Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sportswise1
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

I feel like Lebron just has two moves as a scorer - Jumpers from the top of the key, or his patented bulldoze to the rim. Kobe takes you inside/outside and has way better handles to lose his man and get his points by the time defense recovers. LeBron is however one of the best open court/transition players out there when gets the ball.
sportswise1
All-Time Great

Post by sportswise1 »

Havlicekstealsit wrote:I feel like Lebron just has two moves as a scorer - Jumpers from the top of the key, or his patented bulldoze to the rim. Kobe takes you inside/outside and has way better handles to lose his man and get his points by the time defense recovers. LeBron is however one of the best open court/transition players out there when gets the ball.
pretty close to the truth
but now Lebron has a few turn around fall away shots from inside and an occasional baby hook etc down low
sportswise1
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

Max. wrote:
sportswise1 wrote:
Max. wrote:
so you don't think Lebron is atop 10-15 all time player? if not , tell us why (or even find a single site that says he's not)

OK Max
no reply=no knowledge
Look. I have knowledge.
Link? :P
sportswise1
All-Time Great

Post by sportswise1 »

Max. wrote:
sportswise1 wrote:
Max. wrote:

OK Max
no reply=no knowledge
Look. I have knowledge.
Then why can't you comment on the above?
Eagerly awaiting your intelligent response (as if there will actually be one)
sportswise1
paskeezy3000
Hall of Famer

Post by paskeezy3000 »

Offensively, in his prime, Kobe could do absolutely anything he wanted on a basketball court.
#1 Kareem
#2 Karl
#3 Kobe
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

rtiff68 wrote:
thedangerouskitchen wrote:When it comes to Scoring Kobe is an Alpha... his efficiency/shot selection sucks, and his horrific chuck-fests are legendary; however you can't argue the fact that he's got Scoring in his DNA.

LeBron not so much... and by his own admission. Sure, he can drop 40 on you; however he does so because he HAS TO (like Pippen). Kobe Scores because he WANTS to.

So the answer is Kobe.
It sounds like you're saying that poor shot selection should be considered a positive in this debate, and I definitely do not agree with that.

Overall, it's certainly very debatable. One thing I find interesting is the notion that everyone seems to agree that Kobe is/was the more versatile scorer. Around the rim, LeBron is absolutely superior; in the mid-range, Kobe is unquestionably superior; from beyond the arc, they both have averaged 4.0 attempts per game for their respective careers (the fact that these were identical was surprising to me), and while neither has impressive efficiency on said shots, LeBron has the slight edge (.342 to .334).
All I'm saying is that Kobe has a Scorer's mentality... when the ball is in his hands he WANTS to score. He looks to score first and foremost. LeBron, on the other hand, would rather facilitate and get others involved.

In that respect Kobe is a better 'pure Scorer'.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

sportswise1 wrote:
elmouse03 wrote:
Max. wrote:Kobe.

I love Lebron, but he's basically T-Mac with better teammates.
:o

Nobody who knows basketball has LeBron anywhere close to the GOAT... he is, at absolute best, a borderline Top 10 player.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
sportswise1
All-Time Great

Post by sportswise1 »

thedangerouskitchen wrote:
sportswise1 wrote:
elmouse03 wrote: :o

Nobody who knows basketball has LeBron anywhere close to the GOAT... he is, at absolute best, a borderline Top 10 player.
who said he's the GOAT?
a borderline top ten player would put him way above McGrady and that's the point

GET IT NOW??
sportswise1
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

thedangerouskitchen wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
thedangerouskitchen wrote:When it comes to Scoring Kobe is an Alpha... his efficiency/shot selection sucks, and his horrific chuck-fests are legendary; however you can't argue the fact that he's got Scoring in his DNA.

LeBron not so much... and by his own admission. Sure, he can drop 40 on you; however he does so because he HAS TO (like Pippen). Kobe Scores because he WANTS to.

So the answer is Kobe.
It sounds like you're saying that poor shot selection should be considered a positive in this debate, and I definitely do not agree with that.

Overall, it's certainly very debatable. One thing I find interesting is the notion that everyone seems to agree that Kobe is/was the more versatile scorer. Around the rim, LeBron is absolutely superior; in the mid-range, Kobe is unquestionably superior; from beyond the arc, they both have averaged 4.0 attempts per game for their respective careers (the fact that these were identical was surprising to me), and while neither has impressive efficiency on said shots, LeBron has the slight edge (.342 to .334).
All I'm saying is that Kobe has a Scorer's mentality... when the ball is in his hands he WANTS to score. He looks to score first and foremost. LeBron, on the other hand, would rather facilitate and get others involved.

In that respect Kobe is a better 'pure Scorer'.
Looking to score first has zero to do with the ability to score the ball. The fact is lebron scores more and more efficiently, so what's the case for kobe being better at scoring?