Should blatt play some of the bench guys?

Talk about anything here.
Thedictator
Legend

Should blatt play some of the bench guys?

Post by Thedictator »

I'm talking miller, perkins, marion and that rookie....even though they are not the greatest, it's prob better than playing players that are exhausted
denali4eva
Queen Bee

Re: Should blatt play some of the bench guys?

Post by denali4eva »

He should throw them out to the wolves and see what happens...Find a way to play those guys because at this point, what do you got to lose? (figure of speech)
Y2K
One Mizzou. Then. Now. Always.

Post by Y2K »

Perkins gives you nothing. Mike Miller could probably get a few mins but for who?

I'm a baaaddd motherfucker!!
Thedictator
Legend

Post by Thedictator »

Cavs rotation is 7 players....It should be 10 deep if irving love and verajao were playing with a lot lot more offense, there main goal next year should be to stay healthy because they are relatively deep if those players were able to go
Bartman
Hall of Famer

Post by Bartman »

Marion and Miller would be good choices to give some playing time especially since they have Finals experience. Marion is a good defender so I would choose him over anyone else, he might also be good at guarding Klay and Curry since he is use to guarding multiple positions. He played PF in Phoenix and did a good job so he could play there too. Blatt might want to go with him at times instead of James Jones.
Thedictator
Legend

Post by Thedictator »

Bartman wrote:Marion and Miller would be good choices to give some playing time especially since they have Finals experience. Marion is a good defender so I would choose him over anyone else, he might also be good at guarding Klay and Curry since he is use to guarding multiple positions. He played PF in Phoenix and did a good job so he could play there too. Blatt might want to go with him at times instead of James Jones.
It's too bad Irving and love are out...we would have a nice mix of offense with defense coming off the bench...prob the perfect blend.
Carpediem77
Superstar

Post by Carpediem77 »

The game last night was lost at the beginning of the 4th...the Cavs had cut the lead to 6, had the crowd back in the game, and had the Big Mo'...Blatt threw one of the worst lineups EVER out on the court to begin the 4th...Cavs had no offense on the floor and the Warriors, who were reeling going into the quarter, increased their lead from 76-70 to 80-70...the game was essentially over then as Curry hit a couple shots and got his confidence...that's all the help Iggy needed to close the game out...Blatt was TOTALLY outcoached.
Y2K
One Mizzou. Then. Now. Always.

Post by Y2K »

Bartman wrote:Marion and Miller would be good choices to give some playing time especially since they have Finals experience. Marion is a good defender so I would choose him over anyone else, he might also be good at guarding Klay and Curry since he is use to guarding multiple positions. He played PF in Phoenix and did a good job so he could play there too. Blatt might want to go with him at times instead of James Jones.
The biggest issue is trying to get Lebron more rest. They have no one to turn to in that department. No one else can run the offense. Playing Marion can help someone else rest but it doesn't lebron.

I'm a baaaddd motherfucker!!
Bartman
Hall of Famer

Post by Bartman »

Thedictator wrote:
It's too bad Irving and love are out...we would have a nice mix of offense with defense coming off the bench...prob the perfect blend.
Ya, having more options can only help Blatt out in finding the best combo at the time. If the Cavs can get their energy back then they still have a chance. The Cavs could just concede game 5 and rest so the have close to 100% energy for game 6 at home ensuring a win which would push this series to a game 7 where anything could happen.
Bartman
Hall of Famer

Post by Bartman »

y2ktors wrote:
The biggest issue is trying to get Lebron more rest. They have no one to turn to in that department. No one else can run the offense. Playing Marion can help someone else rest but it doesn't lebron.

I think the Cavs need to gamble a bit and let JR take over some of the play making duties when Lebron is out. He can create his own shot and is a decent passer. He has shown glimpses, he just needs some practice time doing it and then applying in the game.
Carpediem77
Superstar

Post by Carpediem77 »

Bartman wrote:
Thedictator wrote:
Ya, having more options can only help Blatt out in finding the best combo at the time. If the Cavs can get their energy back then they still have a chance. The Cavs could just concede game 5 and rest so the have close to 100% energy for game 6 at home ensuring a win which would push this series to a game 7 where anything could happen.

This is what I could see happening...if the Cavs fall behind early, it could get ugly for them...they should throw everything at GS from the jump and see where it goes...if its not enough, shut the starters down and make it abt gms 6 & 7.
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

I'm not trying to be mean Bart, but do you really think mike miller should get playing time and that he smith should run the offense? I feel like I've made posts of the blatantly obvious trolling nature about it smith running an offense haha
Bartman
Hall of Famer

Post by Bartman »

wailuaFC wrote:I'm not trying to be mean Bart, but do you really think mike miller should get playing time and that he smith should run the offense? I feel like I've made posts of the blatantly obvious trolling nature about it smith running an offense haha

If you read my posts, I was more into playing Marion than Miller. As far as JR is concerned, yes, I think the Cavs have been horrid with Lebron not playing and them trying to create offense and sometimes you have to play a wild card like JR because there is no way in hell this Cavs team can win if Lebron has to play every single minute and create all the offense. JR has show glimpses and if he gets hot he can be a one man offense. Have you watched the finals? He has shown some good play making at times, it's worth a shot since this team looks totally lost on offense without Lebron playing.
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

Bartman wrote:
wailuaFC wrote:I'm not trying to be mean Bart, but do you really think mike miller should get playing time and that he smith should run the offense? I feel like I've made posts of the blatantly obvious trolling nature about it smith running an offense haha

If you read my posts, I was more into playing Marion than Miller. As far as JR is concerned, yes, I think the Cavs have been horrid with Lebron not playing and them trying to create offense and sometimes you have to play a wild card like JR because there is no way in hell this Cavs team can win if Lebron has to play every single minute and create all the offense. JR has show glimpses and if he gets hot he can be a one man offense. Have you watched the finals? He has shown some good play making at times, it's worth a shot since this team looks totally lost on offense without Lebron playing.
They definitely need to make a change, but I really don't think hoping jr "when in doubt, I shoot the ball" smith becomes a playmaker all of a sudden is the right change
Bartman
Hall of Famer

Post by Bartman »

wailuaFC wrote:
Bartman wrote:

They definitely need to make a change, but I really don't think hoping jr "when in doubt, I shoot the ball" smith becomes a playmaker all of a sudden is the right change
I think it's worth a shot in game 5 since there is little chance of the Cavs winning that game. The Cavs best chance is putting all their effort into game 6 and trying to push this to 7, if the Cavs put too much effort into game 5 they won't have much of a chance in game 6.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

Thedictator wrote:I'm talking miller, perkins, marion and that rookie....even though they are not the greatest, it's prob better than playing players that are exhausted

I suggested this after game 3 almost half tongue in cheek. But shits, minutes right now are a commodity if you can chew up about 4 or 5 minutes in a stretch to give these guys a rest. They can allow a trickle of blood, but once the hemorhaging starts, you gotta scrap the experiment and throw your regulars back in. Its at least worth a try right now, Blatt almost has to at this point, you cannot steer this course. I'm trying to think of some more metaphoric cliches to stress this point, but that's it for now.