If the Cavs somehow lose, I'm glad it'd be to the Warriors and my homeboy tandem of Steph/Clay

Talk about anything here.
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Re: If the Cavs somehow lose, I'm glad it'd be to the Warriors and my homeboy tandem of Steph/C

Post by wailuaFC »

rtiff68 wrote:
wailuaFC wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
I'm terrible during 49ers games-- my wife leaves the house. I only drink beer during football games now because if I get into whiskey, I end up downing it like water, and once the adrenaline wears off (i.e. the game ends), I realize that I'm completely tanked.

I've been rage pacing for sure. I never sit down during games anyway (even regular season), and I'm a pretty notorious pacer even when I'm not watching sports. I slammed the dresser drawer in our bedroom after Game 3, the front broke off, and I had to go to the garage and get my drill in order to fix it. It's no worse for the wear now, but needless to say my wife was not impressed.

Speaking of brew, I just got back from Safeway. While I'm standing in the beer aisle, I see Stone IPA for $9.99 a 6-pack; right next to it, I see "Build Your Own 6-Pack" for $8.99, and one of the options was Stone IPA. Score!
I'm not gonna lie, I've grown pretty damn fond of your Warriors team as well, curry, klay, Barnes, bogut, iggy, and Draymond make up the most likable core of players I've ever watched (and luke coaches!), so much so that I'm getting rowdy during the games as well. I found myself yelling too loud at the bar during game 3 so I had to remove myself haha.
Were you wearing your Barnes jersey, by chance?

One cool thing: my new home Tucson is definitely very pro-Warriors in this series, so it's not like I've had to go to work after losses and caught a ton of shit. It makes sense, when you think about it-- this town lives and breathes U of A, and the Warriors have Kerr, Walton, and Iguodala.
Because we don't have any sports teams out here, most people here are fans of players rather then teams, so almost everyone here are lebron fans. Work was not fun after games two and three
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Re: If the Cavs somehow lose, I'm glad it'd be to the Warriors and my homeboy tandem of Steph/C

Post by Shill Jackson »

lettherebehouse wrote:It's impossible to dislike Kerr, and the Splash Bros. No matter the outcome, regardless of how much I'd like to see the feel good story of the city of Cleveland finally winning one, with their city's chosen one vesseling it in on his white horse, it'd still be a win-win-win for me no matter who wins. I'd stand to lose a little bit of change if GS wins, but it'd be chumpchange I wouldn't even feel.

:obama:
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

wailuaFC wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
wailuaFC wrote: I'm not gonna lie, I've grown pretty damn fond of your Warriors team as well, curry, klay, Barnes, bogut, iggy, and Draymond make up the most likable core of players I've ever watched (and luke coaches!), so much so that I'm getting rowdy during the games as well. I found myself yelling too loud at the bar during game 3 so I had to remove myself haha.
Were you wearing your Barnes jersey, by chance?

One cool thing: my new home Tucson is definitely very pro-Warriors in this series, so it's not like I've had to go to work after losses and caught a ton of shit. It makes sense, when you think about it-- this town lives and breathes U of A, and the Warriors have Kerr, Walton, and Iguodala.
Because we don't have any sports teams out here, most people here are fans of players rather then teams, so almost everyone here are lebron fans. Work was not fun after games two and three
Ugh.

I'm re-watching the game right now. I took the day off of work, and the wife is out of town for the weekend. I've already cleaned the house, gone swimming with the dogs, and hit the grocery store.

Time for beers and basketball!