Florida Gators coach Billy Donovan is seriously considering coaching in the NBA.

Talk about anything here.
swampgator
All-Time Great

Florida Gators coach Billy Donovan is seriously considering coaching in the NBA.

Post by swampgator »

He clowned the Magic last time. They will still consider him this time around, as will others.
Thedictator
Legend

Re: Florida Gators coach Billy Donovan is seriously considering coaching in the NBA.

Post by Thedictator »

What did he say about the magic?
swampgator
All-Time Great

Re: Florida Gators coach Billy Donovan is seriously considering coaching in the NBA.

Post by swampgator »

Thedictator wrote:What did he say about the magic?
He accepted the Magic job back in 2007 and rescinded within days. He was not allowed to pursue other NBA jobs for 5 or so years by doing so.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

swampgator wrote:He clowned the Magic last time. They will still consider him this time around, as will others.
The magic clowned him too..they ended up with a better coach and kept billys rights and he wasnt allowed to coacb nba for five years
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

swampgator
All-Time Great

Post by swampgator »

elartman1973 wrote:
swampgator wrote:He clowned the Magic last time. They will still consider him this time around, as will others.
The magic clowned him too..they ended up with a better coach and kept billys rights and he wasnt allowed to coacb nba for five years
And here we are in 2015. Magic would be the logical choice. Does he go there given the past?
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

swampgator wrote:
elartman1973 wrote:
And here we are in 2015. Magic would be the logical choice. Does he go there given the past?
Hope not..I want an experienced coach

swampgator
All-Time Great

Post by swampgator »

elartman1973 wrote:
swampgator wrote:
elartman1973 wrote: The magic clowned him too..they ended up with a better coach and kept billys rights and he wasnt allowed to coacb nba for five years
Experienced what coach? NBA head coaching, assistant, HC from college ranks....
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

swampgator wrote:
elartman1973 wrote:
swampgator wrote:
Skiles is better

Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

UF just signed him to a $4M extension, no? Or are we still doing April Fools jokes? http://www.foxsports.com/college-basket ... 020-040215" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Havlicekstealsit wrote:UF just signed him to a $4M extension, no? Or are we still doing April Fools jokes? http://www.foxsports.com/college-basket ... 020-040215" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Only a $500k buyout for NBA gig.
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

Havlicekstealsit wrote:UF just signed him to a $4M extension, no? Or are we still doing April Fools jokes? http://www.foxsports.com/college-basket ... 020-040215" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Alford signed a 10 year contract with New Mexico and left for UCLA the next year. Hoiberg just signed a similar deal and I bet he's outta there within the next year or two.

College contracts don't seem to keep coaches in the same place no matter how long and lucrative.
Buckets
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Buckets »

elartman1973 wrote:
swampgator wrote:
elartman1973 wrote: Hope not..I want an experienced coach
Skiles is better
This is too funny coming from a guy who continually rips the being irrelevant
Buckets

Post by Buckets »

gaskill15 wrote:
Alford signed a 10 year contract with New Mexico and left for UCLA the next year. Hoiberg just signed a similar deal and I bet he's outta there within the next year or two.

College contracts don't seem to keep coaches in the same place no matter how long and lucrative.
To add, Donovan's buyout is only $500k which is chump change to NBA owners.
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

Buckets wrote:
gaskill15 wrote:

Perhaps they should up the buyouts? I can imagine a B
NBA organization would pretty much pay whatever it takes to get the coach they want. College programs should try doing this more to exploit the rich NBA and protect their investment more securely.
Buckets

Post by Buckets »

gaskill15 wrote:
Buckets wrote:
gaskill15 wrote:

NBA organization would pretty much pay whatever it takes to get the coach they want. College programs should try doing this more to exploit the rich NBA and protect their investment more securely.
Its a negotiation between both sides. Donovan knew he probably wanted to go to the NBA relatively soon while he was young. Florida isn't going to say no and risk losing one of the best coaches in college basketball. As Iowa fans we know this all to well. Isn't Ferentz's at like $16 million now and falls $4 mill each year?

:noah:
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

Buckets wrote:
gaskill15 wrote:
Buckets wrote:
Its a negotiation between both sides. Donovan knew he probably wanted to go to the NBA relatively soon while he was young. Florida isn't going to say no and risk losing one of the best coaches in college basketball. As Iowa fans we know this all to well. Isn't Ferentz's at like $16 million now and falls $4 mill each year?

:noah:
You mean the guy who doesn't know who's going to start at QB "each drive"?

Yea that's the guy we have locked up.
swampgator
All-Time Great

Post by swampgator »

They gave him an extension to take him to 2020 I think.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

swampgator wrote:
They gave him an extension to take him to 2020 I think.
Yeah, and i guess the buyout is cheap, but would he even command that money in the NBA?
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Magic should pass on Billy Donovan
http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dglsn?utm_ ... ando-magic" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

L