How violent is your neighborhood

Talk about anything here.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

How violent is your neighborhood

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

http://eljyou.com/the-20-most-dangerous ... in-america" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm surprised that Chicago is mentioned so often in that piece. Yikes. I wouldn't want to go to those neighborhoods.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Re: How violent is your neighborhood

Post by Kingcarl24 »

Dang. That's crazy. This is shocking news. I wish someone had posted it earlier.
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

This is the type of thread this board has been lacking. Thank you for sharing that
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Great thread.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:http://eljyou.com/the-20-most-dangerous ... in-america

I'm surprised that Chicago is mentioned so often in that piece. Yikes. I wouldn't want to go to those neighborhoods.
Lol at trying to copy my thread..
You are very transparent..
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

dunkan5rings
Hall of Famer

Post by dunkan5rings »

Imagine Abe driving and getting lost in the hood ?

(Insert stereotypical nerdy white guy voice): "uugh uugh sir...ugh...how can I get to the nearest..."

(Thugs): "***** who you ?? you fiVe'O ? eYo' you a snitch ? Brace yo'self foo' brace yo'self!!"

Abe is OUT!
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

elartman1973 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:http://eljyou.com/the-20-most-dangerous ... in-america

Lol at trying to copy my thread..
You are very transparent..

Please stop stalking me.

Which brings up a good question: When does stalking become a "violent crime?"
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

dunkan4rings wrote:Imagine Abe driving and getting lost in the hood ?

(Insert stereotypical nerdy white guy voice): "uugh uugh sir...ugh...how can I get to the nearest..."

(Thugs): "***** who you ?? you fiVe'O ? eYo' you a snitch ? Brace yo'self foo' brace yo'self!!"

Abe is OUT!

The best part about our respective online personas... I'm a white kid who actually grew up in the inner city and you're a suburban white kid who pretends to be black.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

Good job Abe, now Artman is mad at you though. He's trying to claim this wasn't your idea.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

deezna10 wrote:Good job Abe, now Artman is mad at you though. He's trying to claim this wasn't your idea.

Typical Arty.

I find him amusing when he makes such silly claims.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Cobra Kai wrote:For some reason whenever I walk out my front door in my Magic jersey I get beat up.
Well...look at yourself in the mirror before stepping outside next time..i would beat you up if you wore this too
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

elartman1973 wrote:
Cobra Kai wrote:For some reason whenever I walk out my front door in my Magic jersey I get beat up.
Well...look at yourself in the mirror before stepping outside next time..i would beat you up if you wore this too
Artie you couldn't beat up a 3rd grader let alone an adult. Let's try be serious for once.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:

Abe is OUT!

The best part about our respective online personas... I'm a white kid who actually grew up in the inner city and you're a suburban white kid who pretends to be black.
How far would you have to drive before you could say you found yourself lost in a hood?
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

deezna10 wrote:
elartman1973 wrote:
Artie you couldn't beat up a 3rd grader let alone an adult. Let's try be serious for once.
Once you are serious i will be

Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

elartman1973 wrote:
deezna10 wrote:
elartman1973 wrote: Well...look at yourself in the mirror before stepping outside next time..i would beat you up if you wore this too
Once you are serious i will be
Ok you could beat up a 3rd grader but not an adult. There
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

Abe is OUT!

How far would you have to drive before you could say you found yourself lost in a hood?
St Paul gets pretty rough after 6:15pm.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

Abe is OUT!

Not sure. The neighborhood I grew up in was basically poor and working-class. It wasn't one of the worst areas of the city. A mile or two maybe?
dunkan5rings
Hall of Famer

Post by dunkan5rings »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:

Abe is OUT!

lol, I'm not a white person.

I grew up in Wash Heights, NYC, plantain city; there's a lounge less than half a mile from here where A-Rod, Big Papi, and Manny Ramirez chill(ed) at every now and then. This area was rough back in the 80s/early 90s, but after the Washington Heights riots, the area/savage thugs burned-out and there was a collective cease-fire (for the most part). Also, the conservative/Republican Dominican core took a stranglehold and (re)invested in the area/local businesses, keeping the thugs at bay and under control. The kingpins too smartened up their game. There's more whites and Asians moving into the area now too and they're loving the amenities; cheaper rent, all-time award-winning local ganjivity, all-time great "ethnic" food and restaurants, 24/7 grocery/convenient stores, and mad bitches. Even the Muslims like it here. Single dudes who could afford their own place AND pay to play ? Wash Heights is on-point.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

AlaskaHawks wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

I think it officially closes at 6:00. There's not a lot there, unless you look for it.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote: How far would you have to drive before you could say you found yourself lost in a hood?

I think it officially closes at 6:00. There's not a lot there, unless you look for it.
Maybe. I have a feeling people don't really adhere to a curfew in that hood though.
Bill Russell